PDA

View Full Version : redo the rep levels

Hygro
12-22-2018, 04:32 PM
The rep levels are way too charitable, set such with the site relaunch. Let's knock it waay back. I got 1995 rep and been had full stars. Should I have so many? No way. Same for the rest of you suckas.

pete
12-22-2018, 04:47 PM
negged

:P

Manu
12-22-2018, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I'll second motion that :hump:

KLH
12-23-2018, 02:57 AM
It's not a bad idea actually. Maybe even make the action annual.

First, more discussion needed.

shoot summ
12-23-2018, 06:40 AM
What are rep levels, and why do they matter? :)

Manu
12-23-2018, 07:31 AM
They used to not matter, but now they are a part requirement to submit a mix. No rep, can't post. It's a spam prevention measure, so regular members don't have their mixes buried under a ton of crap.

BDC
12-23-2018, 08:09 AM
I agree with Hygro.

If I am an active member in this forum and can positively contribute in some way to the community - then should I be viewed as someone with less worthiness than someone with full reps??

Anybody who has consistently spent hours on this forum can get a sense of which members are genuinely interested in improving their craft or helping new members with advice. I see many members who are from the post Mayan calendar with many rep points but have not contributed here for a long time (years).

I am an old guy so I no longer seek, nor require validation from my peers. I am also indifferent whether I have full reps or not.

dlove
12-24-2018, 03:23 AM
I see many members who are from the post Mayan calendar with many rep points but have not contributed here for a long time (years).

yet perhaps the pre-mayan? people gained their rep by contributing the technical threads that people still browse the internet to find. I myself ended-up here because I was looking for advice on how to set-up audacity properly, so the technical threads are worth more than the 'I agree dude' ones, i.m.o

KLH
12-29-2018, 07:59 AM
Poll thread here:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?60080-Reset-Rep-Levels-for-2019-Poll