PDA

View Full Version : Under The Platter Lighting on 1200's

gRxnch
04-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey all, I know this has probably been posted a thousand times, but I want to mod the platter on my Tech's for that halo look. I've been looking into EL Wire, as other kits such as the illuminator and what nots are way too expensive for something I can do myself. Anyone have any other suggestions/ideas on what to use for this mod?

B.Frank
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
No idea how to do it, but I remember something like that being stickied on here awhile back. Hopefully the original author is still around.

Mark_Spit
04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
DTR is the man to ask.

DTR
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I did mine using a string of LEDs powered off the primary side of the mains transformer. There are more elegant ways of doing it but it's cheap and it does work. Failing that, buy a generic DC power supply, permanently solder it in and use it to feed several series strings.

steeevo
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
i remember a dude on here called lexxxus doing these. there was a great thread going on about it. people were telling him he had it all wrong and now i think he sells them on the net and they look quite good. i think he got banned

DTR
04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
i remember a dude on here called lexxxus doing these. there was a great thread going on about it. people were telling him he had it all wrong and now i think he sells them on the net and they look quite good. i think he got banned

What he was selling was a repackaged LED driver that you can buy on eBay, as I understand it. He got banned because all his threads descended into chaos. That and he set up an alias account to big himself up. I believe he is a member on djtechtools (?) now.

Phi
04-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Hey Dave, if i want to use el-wire that turns on and off with a midi output (like an led) do you know how that might be achieved?

Doppelganger
05-01-2012, 03:26 AM
http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/6/5/saupload_can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

DTR
05-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Hey Dave, if i want to use el-wire that turns on and off with a midi output (like an led) do you know how that might be achieved?

As I recall EL wire needs a seperate 1kHz power supply. To turn on and off using midi you'd need to intercept either the supply to the 1k PSU or the 1k output from it. Either of those will probably require the use of a relay to electrically isolate them from the midi device. As for how to connect the midi device, I wouldn't know. Anything remotely digital is black magic as far as I'm concerned :squint:

HarryK
05-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Dave, is there anywhere we can find a guide on how to do the underplatter lighting? Also, my TT is running at 210V, not 120 If I'm not mistaken.

Doppelganger
05-01-2012, 05:08 AM
There was a sticky thread with a tutorial in it on how to make them before the site went down. Can't remember who made it though....

howitzer
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
use this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technics-SL-1210-SL-1200-Under-Platter-Fader-Programable-Multi-Colour-LED-Kit-/310373936412?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiF i_Turntables&hash=item4843ba6d1c)

I installed these myself the other day. It took a couple of hours but was quite easy and its the first time ive taken apart a 1210.

cyberphox
05-01-2012, 03:57 PM
pretty expensive for EL wire...

Phi
05-02-2012, 02:12 AM
http://bildr.org/2011/06/el-sequencer/

Sequencer, ftdi basic, inverter, el-wire I think that is around $80 to get midi reactive lighting for one turntable.

howitzer
05-02-2012, 06:49 AM
pretty expensive for EL wire...

They arent EL wire, theyre loads of multicolour LED's on a sticky strip along with a power box (for both underplatter and underfader lighting), IR receiver and remote control to change colours/fade speed/ etc.

Its not cheap, no, but they look mint!

Minksy
05-02-2012, 07:39 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/fng6tt.jpg

swine
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I did mine using a string of LEDs powered off the primary side of the mains transformer. There are more elegant ways of doing it but it's cheap and it does work. Failing that, buy a generic DC power supply, permanently solder it in and use it to feed several series strings.

Did you have to recalibrate your decks when you did that? Mine has been acting up.

DTR
05-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Did you have to recalibrate your decks when you did that? Mine has been acting up.

No, the method I used doesn't affect anything.

DJNR
05-03-2012, 05:44 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/fng6tt.jpg

:lol:

swine
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
No, the method I used doesn't affect anything.

OK cool, I re-calibrated my table but wasnt sure if it was messed up before or after I did the mod.

cyberphox
05-17-2012, 03:18 PM
They arent EL wire, theyre loads of multicolour LED's on a sticky strip along with a power box (for both underplatter and underfader lighting), IR receiver and remote control to change colours/fade speed/ etc.

Its not cheap, no, but they look mint!

pretty expensive for LEDS

JasonRC
07-04-2012, 07:07 PM
What he was selling was a repackaged LED driver that you can buy on eBay, as I understand it. He got banned because all his threads descended into chaos. That and he set up an alias account to big himself up. I believe he is a member on djtechtools (?) now.

Hey Dave, So nice of you to call my one of a kind invention a repackaged LED driver.
Actually, as I remember it it was you who banned me. I could be wrong tho.

As far as the Kits go, they are created and designed by me and made by hand by me.
I put much effort into making each one as it does take time and effort to assemble each kit.
The design is 100% mine and no one else's as no one in the world has this exact mod.

I have produced a ton of these kits for various DJ's from around the world and currently
have over 20 countries I have sold to. Not bad beings I had been told by various people
on here that I couldn't do it. But I actually love that so many people told me I couldn't
do it cuz that just drove me to get it into it's current perfected state.

My Kits not only come with the LED PCB but also a custom CLEAR PCB cover which only
fit the Technics 12XX series TT's.
I also have invented Pitch Kits, Target Kits, Strobe Kits, and the Start&Stop/33-45rpm Kits.

Any ways. I haven't posted on here in a long time because I have been way too busy filling orders.

The kits are rock solid and they look very sweet to boot! But I would rather leave that up for the
public to decide.

Any ways, I'm happy to contribute to the DJ world with my inventions. I have some ground breaking
ones coming up in the very near future that will definitely add more slick styles to the DJ world.

God Bless & I wish every DJ out there ultimate success.
Jason.

cyberphox
07-04-2012, 08:54 PM
and where do we buy this? or are you Jason from djmods? I want some under platter lighting!

Badger
07-04-2012, 08:58 PM
and where do we buy this? or are you Jason from djmods? I want some under platter lighting!

If "Jason" here is really Lexxxus as he claims... then you don't want to buy anything from him. He was banned, with good reason, from DJF1.0.

:badger:

Nicadraus
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey Dave, So nice of you to call my one of a kind invention a repackaged LED driver.
Actually, as I remember exactly it it was you who banned me.

As far as the Kits go, they are created and designed by me and made by hand by me.
I put much effort into making each one as it does take
time and effort to assemble each kit. The design is 100% mine and no one else's as
no one in the world has this exact mod.

I have produced a ton of these kits for various DJ's from around the world and currently
have over 20 countries I have sold to. Not bad beings I had been told by various people
on here that I couldn't do it. But I actually love that so many people told me I couldn't
do it cuz that just drove me to get it into it's current perfected state.

My Kits not only come with the LED PCB but also a custom CLEAR PCB cover which only
fit the Technics 12XX series TT's.
I also have invented Pitch Kits, Target Kits, Strobe Kits, and the Start&Stop/33-45rpm Kits.

Any ways. I haven't posted on here in a long time because I have been way too busy filling orders.

The kits are rock solid and they look very sweet to boot! But I would rather leave that up for the
public to decide.

Any ways, I'm happy to contribute to the DJ world with my inventions. I have some ground breaking
ones coming up in the very near future that will definitely add more slick styles to the DJ world.

God Bless & I wish every DJ out there ultimate success.
Jason.

Hello Jason and welcome back to DJF. I have seen your product and I am very well impressed with it especially the transparent cover as well as the remote. Very cool stuff. :tup:

JasonRC
07-05-2012, 01:20 AM
If "Jason" here is really Lexxxus as he claims... then you don't want to buy anything from him. He was banned, with good reason, from DJF1.0.

And what factual reason was that Badger?

You don't have any experience from buying anything from me as you are not a customer of mine.
So you saying don't buy anything from me because I was banned from a website completely makes
no sense and is very biased. Whats that saying, "don't knock it till you try it!"

Now I will expect all the people who were bashing me before to come into this post and start hacking
away at me once again.

Gotta love these haters man!

Weeeee!

JasonRC
07-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Hello Jason and welcome back to DJF. I have seen your product and I am very well impressed with it especially the transparent cover as well as the remote. Very cool stuff. :tup:

Thank you very much Sir.
Whats with the Lambo blog? You got one?
I was driving my buddy's in Shanghai. I also have one in my city!

Marc S
07-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Jason, please get a vendor account to continue plugging your product,

Rek_Aviles
07-05-2012, 09:32 AM
http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2009/6/5/saupload_can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

damn, you weren't kidding. :lol:

cyberphox
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
And what factual reason was that Badger?

You don't have any experience from buying anything from me as you are not a customer of mine. So you saying don't buy anything from
me because I was banned from a website completely makes no sense and is very biased. Whats that saying, "don't knock it till you try it!"

Now I will expect all the people who were bashing me before to come into this post and start hacking away at me once again.
Gotta love these haters man!

Weeeee!

And...I'll ask again..where is this for sale...

DTR
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
And...I'll ask again..where is this for sale...

Search ebay, there are lots of people selling these. Here's two in the uk:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310373936524?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1789wt_954

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310373936412?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edit: I searched for "technics led"

cyberphox
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Those are actually the same seller...I've seen them on Ebay for ages now...The seller offers no installation instructions beforehand and is quite rude...for $50 a table for the cheaper one, I'd expect to at least see what I am getting beforehand...EL wire is a lot cheaper than $100 for two turntables and would do the same thing just not so nicely powered...

I'm inquiring as to where this individual sells...

DTR
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
EL wire also requires a special 1kHz power supply...

cyberphox
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
EL wire also requires a special 1kHz power supply...
if you want to hook it into the turntable power maybe, not if you want to run it separate...

DTR
07-05-2012, 03:56 PM
if you want to hook it into the turntable power maybe, not if you want to run it separate...

Yes you do if you want it to run it separate... EL wire requires a 1kHz supply, period.

cyberphox
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
well my EL wire must already have a magic 1khz supply that plugs into my molex connectors into my bench power supply then...

DTR
07-06-2012, 02:35 AM
well my EL wire must already have a magic 1khz supply that plugs into my molex connectors into my bench power supply then...

It has a built-in inverter (power supply) then. It's not magic, just logic.

As it seems you've got the power sorted, it does sound like an ideal solution. EL wire will give a better effect than LEDs.

JasonRC
07-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks for delet,... I mean "moderating" my previous post.

I'm currently modding a christmas tree, looking forward to that.
No CE stamp, no IEC61010/EN60079-XX safety approval on any of your products. +1 on Badger, he was banned and banned again then permabanned after a general consensus from several mods not to mention several warnings.
How about, you hooked up with your chums in Shanghai to get them cheap so to resell them for a profit. Let's face it, you're just another one of those unnecessary middlemen. And like you've been told previously: if you still intent of plugging your shit in here, get a vendor account.
For the record, here's your old website: http://www.djlexxxus.com/
And your new website:http://lexxxus.wmsite.ru/
For someone who's so deeply involved in turntable lighting and "inventing" new electronic designs, I was expecting a little more than a logo showing the finger at the audience :lol:
Disclaimer:This post has been edited in order to fit the "politically correct" DjF image. The original post featured pictures that some may have found abusive or rude, including the Lexxxus illuminator picture, a smells like BS picture and the most recent lexxxus logo (http://lexxxus.wmsite.ru/_mod_files/ce_images/stickers/dj-lexxxus-logo.png) featuring a finger.

Manure, Whatever dude. Your post is not even worth replying to. Can't be much of a DJ if you spend all your time on forums
posting, up to 500+ posts already? You ROCK DUDE! Yeah, way too much time on your hands dude.

Marc s : Why is is ok for DTR to plug other people's products on ebay and even post links to them? It wasn't my intention
to plug my product as I don't need any help what so ever in promoting my products as I'm doing extremely well with sales.
As far as I see it Moderators are able to act any way they want in here and not follow the rules of the forums and users
can not act the same? (waiting for your answer to my question Marc s)
If that is the case then just say so as I'm ok with that and more than willing to follow the rules of the forums.
I'm not here as a vendor, I'm here as a regular user. Don't pressure me into paying for a vendor account when
I don't want/need one and if I don't pay the money I will get banned indefinitely?
Besides, I tried the vendor account one time and I got no protection from DJF from people coming into my vendor threads
bashing me and speaking lies about me.

DTR: an LED driver is basically a power supply. Get your facts straight there buddy!
An LED driver is a self-contained power supply that has outputs matched to the electrical characteristics of your LED or
array of LEDs. There are currently no industry standards, so understanding the electrical characteristics of your LED or
array is critical in selecting or designing a driver circuit. Drivers should be current-regulated (deliver a consistent current
over a range of load voltages). Drivers may also offer dimming by means of pulse width modulation (PWM) circuits.
Drivers may have more than one channel for separate control of different LEDs or arrays.
(Info credit from http://led.linear1.org/what-is-an-led-driver/ )
MY "SHIT" as Manure would put it does not require a LED driver.

cyberphox: Yes I am that Jason. I PM'd you but your inbox is full.

cyberphox
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks JasonRc..like your product..its pretty cool..might check out some prices and see if thats the way i wanna go...and inbox should be empty now!

JasonRC
07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks JasonRc..like your product..its pretty cool..might check out some prices and see if thats the way i wanna go...and inbox should be empty now!

PM'd....

Badger
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
You don't have any experience from buying anything from me as you are not a customer of mine.
So you saying don't buy anything from me because I was banned from a website completely makes
no sense and is very biased. Whats that saying, "don't knock it till you try it!"

I also don't have any experience hitting myself in the head with a sledgehammer... but I know it's a bad idea.

I don't have to be a previous customer of a company, nor an individual, to witness the behaviour of that entity and warn others about it.

Besides, I tried the vendor account one time and I got no protection from DJF from people coming into my vendor threads bashing me and speaking lies about me.

The "vendor account" is not offered as a form of "protection;" it is provided as a means for legitimate vendors to post about their products here. Just because you've paid to be a "vendor" doesn't give you carte blanche to do and say whatever you want, act however you'd like, and create all-new fake accounts to defend yourself, even after your first account has been banned. Speaking of which...

Wow. Just wow. Caveat emptor, dude.

I don't have the ability to check anyone's IP addresses, but if I did, I'd be seriously tempted to check them right about now.

DTR
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
More remote controlled, programmable, multi colour LED driver packages here. They're not packaged as turntable specific so they're cheaper:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-5M-LED-RGB-150Led-5050SMD-Strip-44Key-IR-Remote-Controller-Light-Lamp-/251100492051

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28-Buttons-IR-Remote-Control-Dimmer-IR-Receiver-5050-RGB-SMD-LED-Strip-/190698342862

DTR: an LED driver is basically a power supply. Get your facts straight there buddy!

As your knowledge of electronics obviously surpasses mine, please tell me what fact I got wrong.

cyberphox
07-06-2012, 03:41 PM
i have no idea what went down on DJF 1.0...but you gotta admit the product is pretty plug and play and takes minutes to install..

Will MaXimal
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I have not seen the "product" so not really sure haha.

Athough anytime someone has used the word "product" in place of what it actually is... has usually turned out to be a scammer.

cyberphox
07-06-2012, 07:53 PM
you mean you can't figure out what it is based on the thread title?
crazy...

Finnish_Fox
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
you mean you can't figure out what it is based on the thread title?
crazy...

Knowing the effect of the product is a bit different than knowing what the product is - for example, it might deter someone if it is a PCB mod despite understanding the ultimate effect.

Manu
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Manure, Whatever dude. Your post is not even worth replying to. Can't be much of a DJ if you spend all your time on forums
posting, up to 500+ posts already? You ROCK DUDE! Yeah, way too much time on your hands dude.

as Manure would put it

You're trying real hard, LExXxuS. Seems like I lacked the brain power and wits to figure that one out, obviously: the bigger the postcount, the lesser the DJ ;)

djlotus
07-07-2012, 01:55 AM
So this guy buys cheap parts, puts them together into a functioning combine and calls himself an inventor? What a douche. Let me see some patents son. Getting a UL or CL listing is easy as pie and costs next to nothing. Oh wait, someone already invented those parts and did all that.

Idiot.

Marc S
07-07-2012, 02:41 AM
ffs, OP, start a new thread please, i'm closing this one, i'm also banning lexxxus again, because every post he makes turns into a shit storm,