PDA

View Full Version : How long do you wait to hear back?

bigCcat
09-28-2018, 11:27 AM
I had, what I would consider, a really awesome homecoming gig last Saturday! Kids were WAY into it, screaming along to the lyrics of all the songs!
So I wrote a thank you email to the Princapal, assistant orincspal and like two other faculty members who helped plan. I thanked them, told them how awesome the kids were, that I was looking forward to working with them again and asked for any feedback and how we could do it even better next time.... crickets! Nothing ...

How long do I wait to call em? It’s been 5 days

therealDJna
09-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Your email about how you could do better and your pitch to work with them again is probably not high on their list of priorities. In all likelihood, they have forgotten about who DJ'd the homecoming. They have minds to mold.

I would not take it as any means that you did not do a great job.

Dix
09-28-2018, 03:27 PM
Unless I ask for feedback, probably only 1 out of 100 give voluntary feed back. If I ask for feedback I may get 10 out of 100. Once the event is over, its over. No one cares any more. In my opinion, there's about a 99% chance the principal could have cared less about the event or the music you played. Its for kids. A 50 year old principal would probably have rather been listening to Merle Haggard or Billy Idol. This event & music was for the kids. Chances are, they are the only ones who enjoyed the music. The principal will likely never respond to your request for feedback.

I wouldn't suggest pursuing this feedback request further.

Its not my intent for my comments to sound harsh. Its just my opinion through my experience in rural north Louisiana.
How long do I wait to hear back. I dont. If I send a request for feedback. I know its likely I wont hear anything. I send it & forget about it. If I hear back, good deal, if not, I dont sweat it. Again, 95% of people (in my experience) dont give feedback after an event.

light-o-matic
09-28-2018, 04:00 PM
I guess.. if you get a call for the next one.. that'll be your feedback.

BDC
09-28-2018, 07:36 PM
I agree with the replies above.

I'm sure you did a great job and the kids loved you but I would not expect a response.

Alex Murphy
09-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Honestly, I repped Light O for being accurate and to the point.

bigCcat
09-28-2018, 09:25 PM
Ya... you guys are right, I should know by know if the kiddos are dancing, and literally screaming along to the music, it was a success. And also right, I’m not high on the teachers priority list.
Guess we’ll see if they call back, right?

In the meantime I’m still running down some leads and trying to drum up more business, now that I’ve completed my BFM rig to the max!
Six DR200s and six T45s ;)

Alex Murphy
09-29-2018, 07:22 AM
They don't care, they don't tie themselves to the DJ anymore than the janitor. If tomorrow another DJ turns up for half your price, that's you looking somewhere else for a gig.