PDA

View Full Version : Danny Tenaglia RESIGNS!??

Minksy
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
"Dear Friends, please, just LET me BE, LET me BE! >> The Time Has Come for ME to "finally" BE MYSELF!! :) I have been telling people for so many years now to JUST BE YOURSELF!! But for me, being myself was living with 1 foot in a closet and 1 outside "trying" to BE the happiest DJ on Earth, which I have been, and give the World the best I had to Give because I know how happy I have made people with the gift of music from GOD and this has been a great blessing .... so I simply Could Not Stop!! Since everything has CHANGED since I first realized I wanted to BE a DJ forever like playing records" and getting a job in nightclubs back in the early 70's (gag) and now here I am at 51, been around the world many times, put over One Million Miles in the sky, 3 full Passports and my Heart has been YEARNING for something New & Different besides music. BUT, as I have been trying to STOP and make BIG changes like finally calling my home in Miami since 2006 HOME, but was always to busy between NY residencies and travels and it's been getting the best of me lately. Airplanes, Airports, Hotels, Foreign-isms, and what can I say: I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP as a DJ and I just need to STOP and smell the roses of my life and simply try to "Grow Up and BE who I really am" but "everything" - including the need for finances to afford my Loft of 10 years in NY which I can no longer afford and must let go of by July . . . I know many people think I am wealthy but I assure I am not! I have lived well and have very nice things to show for my earnings, but I cannot stop working!! When I say I have been writing for the past 5 days, it has been DEEP!! I kept starting over and over and it's turned into a major journal and sooooo much of this I promise I want to share with ALL of you, The Good and The Bad, but thankfully it's mostly good! ON my way home on Wed from DR & Montreal I was having a bad day as I had a head cold, and there's no enjoyment in an airplane or in a hotel room out of the country with a headcold .... anyhow, I was traveling back to Miami alone as my co-workers flew back to NY and I was just looking out the window the whole flight and for 3 hours I was just thinking HOW AM I EVER GOING TO PROPERLY RESIGN (not retire) . . . And when I got home I realized I left a small carry on murse bag with many personal things, keys, passport and so on and at first all I could feel was FURY!! I tried everything between Lost & Found and the car service, but as my ID was in there and now 6 days later no return, well all I can say is that THIS has been The Revelation that I needed to say: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: As of this day, I am "resigning" (not retiring) and all future gigs will sadly BE canceled except for My Belated Birthday @ Pacha on Sat April 28th! This will BE my final gig until I feel I am ready to return back to the decks. This is thee hardest decision I have ever had to make in my career, but if not now, then when?? I apologize to all parties involved but I think most people that know me personally know that this has been coming! I have performed at WMC 26 years in a row! I have played every year in Ibiza since 2000! It's time for ME to Stop and settle down, move out from the loft which will BE a very MAJOR ordeal . . . OMG!! I have soooooooooo much STUFF!!! There is no way I can do all this and travel and have a life . . . Only I can make the decisions of what stays and what goes, including what I will do with over 10,000 records, etc etc etc ....... SO in closing: I LOVE YOU ALL and I just wanna Thank U 4 Lettin me BE MYSELF all these years, and now I beg you to please continue with me in my journey and my quest for something new and wonderful. I will never give up my first love with MUSIC, but there has to BE something else (or someone) out there waiting for me! :) >> I promise to keep up****** here, but I needed to do this today - in order to BE FREE & BE ME!! Please BE kind, this has not been easy and I am a very sensitive person. God BE with US all! See you soon!! :)

Thoughts?

Rek_Aviles
04-17-2012, 12:42 PM
My unofficial mentor as a DJ. He put me on to techno and tribal house scene from his residencies at The Tunnel and Twilo(NYC). Before hearing him, all I knew was the commercial house that I heard on the radio.

Haven't heard him play live in years, but was always glad that he was still doing his thing. hopefully he just needs a break and will play major festivals in the future.

:(

* I follow him on FB but didn't see this post.

Minksy
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
... :( ...

My sentiments exactly

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Oh man...

B.Frank
04-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Hopefully he's happy now.

alen_p
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I cannot believe I saw him play first time just a few weeks ago, after chasing his gigs for over 7 years...wow, hope he gets inspired soon to get back with a BANG!!!

alen_p

MeowMix
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Dude, he is 51, international gigging takes a huge toll. Let him rest.

He could also restrain himself on doing only New York and Miami gigs so its not as much of a strain.

Minksy
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I respect his decision and support him in it. I fully understand that it's not his responsibility to entertain us, and I feel that everyone on earth has the right to pursue a satisfying existence. Regardless, it's sad to see him go.

TANO
04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Upsetting. as much as i never wanted to step foot into pacha, it seems like im gonna have to go the 28th

Paulie65m
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Upsetting. as much as i never wanted to step foot into pacha, it seems like im gonna have to go the 28th

I know I know I said i was never gonna step foot there again shit now i gotta go :blank:
From His Disco style, deep , techno, tribal he had his unique style of play truly a legend

C-Note
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Can't see him staying off the decks for too long, as he said himself that he's got finances to take care of. Still, hope he gets himself together and finds out what he really wants/needs out of his future.

Time to dig for my old CD copy of Global Underground - Greece that he spun. That'll bring back the memories...:)

l0ckd0wn
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
This almost feels like someone died, hearing Danny T isn't going to gig any further (for now).

DJ Elroy
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Time to dig for my old CD copy of Global Underground - Greece that he spun. That'll bring back the memories...:)

Great tracks in here!

I'll admit I was never impressed by his technical skills on his mixtapes, but man he knows how to put on a mind-blowing live show. Sad to see him go, but completely understandable. I interviewed him for before a show out here a few years back and he seemed kinda reserved. Hope he gets straight and doesn't give it up for good.

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Great tracks in here!

I'll admit I was never impressed by his technical skills on his mixtapes, but man he knows how to put on a mind-blowing live show. Sad to see him go, but completely understandable. I interviewed him for before a show out here a few years back and he seemed kinda reserved. Hope he gets straight and doesn't give it up for good.

Like you, wasn't an immense fan but he is a legend and you were lucky any time you got to see him.

Maybe I'll fly out to NYC for it.

RDRCK
04-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I remember when another Danny (http://www.mpiii.com/images/artists/d/dannyrampling.jpg) retired back in 06. That lasted about two years :lol: (and that's a good thing, IMO, good that the "retirement" didn't last too long, not good that he retired in the first place :)). You just can't stay away once you catch the bug :tup:

Finnish_Fox
04-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I remember when another Danny (http://www.mpiii.com/images/artists/d/dannyrampling.jpg) retired back in 06. That lasted about two years :lol: (and that's a good thing, IMO, good that the "retirement" didn't last too long, not good that he retired in the first place :)). You just can't stay away once you catch the bug :tup:

I took a number of years off... but once an addict, always an addict.

Wait, wrong meeting. :uhoh:

ilya
04-18-2012, 04:14 AM
holograph tenaglia???

David Bowman
04-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Fair play, he sounds like he needs a little vacation. Judging by his words, he will be back. No drug beats being on stage.