PDA

View Full Version : Speedcore... any opinions/observations?

Luap Skywalker
08-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Wondering, towards what direction of this said style do you guys think would be going into the future? The said genre's (or maybe a "sub-genre") been quite "making some noise" of a trend lately these days actually, as far as my own observation though.

Icewind
01-16-2020, 09:42 PM
Is speedcore getting more popular? I heard it thrown into uk hardcore/gabber sets every now and then. Stuffs pretty awesome

Windows 95
01-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Is speedcore getting more popular?Must be a regional thing. I did a YouTube search of "Speedcore" and all the videos with over a million views are a few years old to several years old.

This is the newest video I could find with over a million views and it doesn't even have that many views because of the music. It's because he's playing a guitar video game.

2560 BPM?! ~ Playing URANOID on plastic guitar [Extratone / Extreme Speedcore]
5:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXTqb4Q43Q

Icewind
01-17-2020, 09:53 AM
It's still very niche and underground, kinda hard to find. Definitely not as popular as say house or trance, but I'd say it's gaining slight momentum.

DannyPhilips
06-15-2021, 03:08 AM
It's a unique sound, unusual!

Manu
06-15-2021, 04:11 AM
I am not familiar with the concept of producing sound that goes beyond the actual physical ability of speakers to move forwards and backwards, in effect making them distort.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR, is that the neighbour's washing machine going off the rails again?

PMG1980
06-15-2021, 04:20 AM
I am not familiar with the concept of producing sound that goes beyond the actual physical ability of speakers to move forwards and backwards, in effect making them distort.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRR, is that the neighbour's washing machine going off the rails again?

The distortion! Why do speedcore producers feel the need to redline their gear?

Manu
06-15-2021, 04:50 AM
It's not a need, it's physics. Take a speaker beyond spec by playing 2560 kick drums per minute, you won't hear the kick drum. The speaker simply has not got the time to travel.

For sound reproduction, they need drills, not speakers.