View Full Version : How to Promote thread?

paran0id of 1nanim
07-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Greetings fellow DJz,

I was looking for a "how to" guide on the A-Z of promoting a party. We're throwing a regular monthly here in Charleston SC that is gaining momentum but we def want a larger turn out than this past one. We had about 20+ but we're looking to pack the dance floor 100+. Small venue so beyond that IDK.

I used to promote club nights when I lived in Israel (Tel-Aviv, Haifa) and basically I'd get a stack of fliers from the promoter and more or less "liter" the town with them. Stick them at businesses that would allow me to, put them in random hands walking down the street, etc.

Any ideas on a good system to make sure we get a higher turnout? I have a lot of ideas but want some input on what you all feel really works... THANKS in ADVANCE

DJ PI0
House of Clint

Defiance
07-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Greetings fellow DJz,

I was looking for a "how to" guide on the A-Z of promoting a party. We're throwing a regular monthly here in Charleston SC that is gaining momentum but we def want a larger turn out than this past one. We had about 20+ but we're looking to pack the dance floor 100+. Small venue so beyond that IDK.

I used to promote club nights when I lived in Israel (Tel-Aviv, Haifa) and basically I'd get a stack of fliers from the promoter and more or less "liter" the town with them. Stick them at businesses that would allow me to, put them in random hands walking down the street, etc.

Any ideas on a good system to make sure we get a higher turnout? I have a lot of ideas but want some input on what you all feel really works... THANKS in ADVANCE

DJ PI0
House of Clint

I do facebook marketing as a side gig and used it pretty successfully for my small bar I DJ at recently. Cap is only about 105 or something like that. Before you handover your money to Facebook, you'd probably be better off with using a company like Ad Zombies to create your ads and presenting a good reason for people to come to your place.

If you look at my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/RemixMaster/ and look for my post from Feb 27th, you'll see one of the non-paid ads I used.

We had 29 new people attend (verified after the event) from about $30 bucks in very-selective targeting I did over 6 days. The 29 people all came with at least 1 extra person (most came with a group of people). The bar was extremely happy with the results as most of these people were brand new customers.

Anyways, don't just throw money at facebook. Spend a little bit extra and have some pros help out if you've never done it before. Good Luck!

paran0id of 1nanim
07-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, yeah... I actually worked in social media marketing for a while but always questioned it effectiveness to a degree but since its such a targeted audience I think I could def do some damage with increasing attendance that way. Rock n' roll

Waterbeat
07-06-2018, 06:40 AM
We promote our weekly mainly on facebook, but also on Instagram. We do a polished fb invite for every event, talk to anyone new at every event, and publish and tag an album of every event. We have a group of regular supporters who help with invites and promo. Quality, consistency in timing and communications, and treating the guests and DJ's well are all important. Click and scroll through the "Transit" link at the end of this post for ideas.