PDA

View Full Version : what would you sell a B-52 ACT-X for?

HBL Entertainment
04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I have a B-52 ACT-18X powered sub that I am looking at selling. I bought if for about 900 USD around 3 years ago and am wondering what would be a reasonable price to ask for it. Works well but with a few cosmetic blemishes.

DYM
04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Depends who your selling it to... ehh $600 - 750...

Subzeero
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
It depends on whether used gear is plentiful or hard to come by in Montana.

Where I am in Toronto, there is always used gear on C-List, so prices are low. Check local and big city prices on C-List because nobody will pay the shipping on heavy subs from Ebay. Subs are sold usually as local pickup only even on Ebay, so pricing tends to be lower.

In most large metropolitan areas, good used speakers sell at half price.

If you are not near any Big Cities, folks close by will pay more since they have to travel a long way to pick it up from a city that is possibly 150 or 200 miles away.

I would say anywhere from $450 to $600 based on that.

You can always start higher and lower the price.

Good Luck:)

bumpyjonas
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I would check eBay see what is the going rate your item.

HBL Entertainment
04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
We live in a very rural area. The biggest city is 2 hours away and doesn't have much in the way of PA gear. Some but not much. The nearest GC is in Denver and is 8 hours away. I appreciate the help and will check out ebay and Craigslist to try and get an idea. But I was thinking 500-600 so that might not be out of the question.

DJMC
04-16-2012, 06:52 PM
I'd say between $500 and $650, depending on the condition and appearance.

That's what I'd sell mine for, if I were to list it on Craig's List

Subzeero
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
We live in a very rural area. The biggest city is 2 hours away and doesn't have much in the way of PA gear. Some but not much. The nearest GC is in Denver and is 8 hours away. I appreciate the help and will check out ebay and Craigslist to try and get an idea. But I was thinking 500-600 so that might not be out of the question.

If there are other DJs within driving distance, and used gear is scarce, I think you have a pretty good shot at getting what you want for it.

An 8 hour drive to Denver is PITA that eats lots of gas.

HBL Entertainment
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM
If there are other DJs within driving distance, and used gear is scarce, I think you have a pretty good shot at getting what you want for it.

An 8 hour drive to Denver is PITA that eats lots of gas.

That's what I was thinking but there isn't a lot of dj's or bands around. Some but I am worried it might be difficult to unload at a price I am comfortable with. I have a guy that is interested but we'll see what he says.

DJMC
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Just listed mine on CL Sacramento:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/2977824685.html

Mine is listed for $650.00 because its in mint condition, hardly a scratch on it!

Another reason mine is more valuable: Its an "original" ACT-18 (not the X model), the components are 100% made in USA (the "X" model uses parts made in China).

Yet another reason: Mine has a special "upgraded" fan (cost me $35.00) that makes the subwoofer "quiet" while its idling. The stock fan is very noisy, not a great thing when you're playing background music in a quiet banquet hall!