PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use DJ Intelligence? (not just the top 200)

Djsmylez
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
I mean the actual wedding planning system?

When I first started DJn weddings, I didn't see the need for it, I was like, I can do that all myself.. After doing wedding for a year or so, I now see that the relatively cheap 99.95 a year may be worth me streamlining...

Am I overvaluing it? Does it help? Do clients actually use it? Do you use it?

Just looking for feedback...

JamminDownJD
04-14-2012, 01:04 PM
It is definitely worth it. I've used DJ Intelligence for several years now, and the clients appreciate the music database and planning tools. The ability to create PLEASE PLAY and DO NOT PLAY lists are a big draw with many of my clients, especially those who have never heard me perform before. Those music lists also make it easier for me to preplan dinner and cocktail hour music that reflect the tastes of the bridal couple.

Sween
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I have been using it for 2 years now. Some people use it and appreciate it... but not many. 95% of my clients do everything the old fashioned way... by writing it on paper planning sheets. Most people will write me an email before they go into the DJ Intelligence.

It's not that expensive so I have it for the people who do use it... but it is definitely not necessary.

DJMC
04-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I use "Gigbuilder" from WeDJ. (Reason: its FREE with the membership in WeDJie World)

pertytown
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
We have had it for 3 years now, I love it, and so do our clients. Every event I book uses at least some of the tools.

Sween
04-15-2012, 07:11 PM
How? Do you tell people they have to use it? I RARELY get anyone to actually use it. When we meet I give them my planner sheet and I tell them "you can fill this out or do it directly from our website" and give them the link...

When we meet again I get a filled out planner sheet...

I mean I guess I could force people to use it by not giving them a planner... but why?

It's a good idea and all but I am having a hard time getting people to use it.

pertytown
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
It's part of the package. I offer paper versions of everything, but everyone chooses the online version. One bride told me it was just easier using the online planning tools, then she could work on it just about anywhere, without having to take the forms everywhere, and not worry about loosing them

Djsmylez
04-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I appreciate it guys. Is there a big difference in wedj's version and dj intelligence?

I'm leaning dj intelligence...

JamminDownJD
04-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Just like what was said, you offer this as an option next to your paper planning tools. 95% of my clients use the online yools. Most brides do their research and are very reliant on the Internet for their planning, so this is a logical option. The clients can go in and add, delete, or amend their planning tools as many times as they like. I have had clients use the tools as late as the night before to change their first dance song. This way, you could be absolutely sure that you have all of their selections and the bridal party names correct.

There are other planner tools out there like Gigbuilder, DJ Event Planner, etc, but I have done very well with DJ Intelligence so far. You just have to try them out to find which best suits you and your operations. Some are best for multi-ops, and some are a little more sophisticated for integration with your website and/or other software.

LiveWireCS
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I have used it for about 3 years and 95% of my wedding clients DO USE IT! I should also add that my regular gigs love the music browsing and the select your songs feature. I pitch it in the vein of " Customers get access to the client ony area etc..." they love it!

djdynamite
11-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I’ve just started using EventByMe.com (http://eventbyme.com) instead of DJ Intelligence (which is well Outdated and why I was looking for another solution).

I found EventByMe.com (http://eventbyme.com) 100 times better, and more user friendly…

and best of all it is free!!!

They have better Agendas, floorplans, and other Managing tools.

Burt Bacharach
12-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I experimented with a related (though not identical) service called Stereopill (http://www.stereopill.com/) which allows couples & their guests to 'vote' on music they would like to hear.

I setup pages for over ten couples.. Not a single one of them was used.

I think it's worth remembering that some people (not all) are hiring a DJ to take control of their music so they don't have to worry about it.

djdynamite
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
One Thing you don't realize about Eventbyme.com is that it gives Both, the Client and the DJ Control over the Event.

It also creates, Agenda's, Floorplans, etc... and all vendors involved with the event get all the detail of the event prior to the event.

You are comparing apples and oranges, Eventbyme is an online event planner stereopill is a music voting site...

knuhkles
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
One Thing you don't realize about Eventbyme.com is that it gives Both, the Client and the DJ Control over the Event.

It also creates, Agenda's, Floorplans, etc... and all vendors involved with the event get all the detail of the event prior to the event.

You are comparing apples and oranges, Eventbyme is an online event planner stereopill is a music voting site...

It sounds like your a sales rep.. with only 2 posts

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

DJ Boom Bap
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Great thread, and yeah, I smell spam too.