PDA

View Full Version : Rate my beat guys

PONTUS.2
04-14-2012, 12:05 AM
i think its kinda muddy but it can be fixed. let me know what you guys think on a scale of 1-5 and gimme some feedback :teef: pweease =D

http://soundcloud.com/p-o-n-t-u-s/pollution

Sigma
04-14-2012, 12:17 AM
I like it a lot. I like the "muddy" sound of it too. 4/5.

PONTUS.2
04-14-2012, 03:40 AM
hey thanks sigmatic much appreciated =D

laurentkm3
04-14-2012, 12:36 PM
The "spacey" loop could get repetitive, BUT that's OK because any vocals would break it up so that part would work out. Really like how you would do something different after (almost every) fourth bar. This technique keeps the beat constantly sound fresh.

Something to try and experiment with...........Do a simple drum beat (kicks and snares). Loop it, then at at the forth bar add (or take out) an extra kick or snare. Then do something different again at the 8th, 12th, and 16th bars. Then just loop that entire section again.

Premier almost always does something at the 4th bar in his songs. Also, in the song below, listen how he starts manipulating the drums a/sample after the 8th bar. Entire tune stays fresh and non-repetitive (for the most part) for the first minute
eWIuKdA48-U

Just take it further to the 8th, 12, and 16th.

Just a thought. Thumbs up on your beat :tup:

L

Timmy G
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Sick beat. I really like the sample you have in the background. Also the muddy feel you were talking about gives it a nice rough feel as well.
What program did you use to make this beat if you dont mind me asking?

PONTUS.2
04-14-2012, 09:17 PM
The "spacey" loop could get repetitive, BUT that's OK because any vocals would break it up so that part would work out. Really like how you would do something different after (almost every) fourth bar. This technique keeps the beat constantly sound fresh.

Something to try and experiment with...........Do a simple drum beat (kicks and snares). Loop it, then at at the forth bar add (or take out) an extra kick or snare. Then do something different again at the 8th, 12th, and 16th bars. Then just loop that entire section again.

Premier almost always does something at the 4th bar in his songs. Also, in the song below, listen how he starts manipulating the drums a/sample after the 8th bar. Entire tune stays fresh and non-repetitive (for the most part) for the first minute
eWIuKdA48-U

Just take it further to the 8th, 12, and 16th.

Just a thought. Thumbs up on your beat :tup:

L

hey thanks very much for the feedback sir =D. I agree about that 4rth bar variation techniques. i think i picked up on it from dibiase(he often adds some kind of effect as a kind of fill around every 4 bars on a lot of beats). i havnt tried muting drum hits good tip =D. adding it to the list.

Sick beat. I really like the sample you have in the background. Also the muddy feel you were talking about gives it a nice rough feel as well.
What program did you use to make this beat if you dont mind me asking?

hey thanks for checking it out. glad the muddy feel turned out to be a good thing. For making the beat i sampled everything with the sp-404sx and treated the sounds with its effects like compression, bit reduction drive etc. i then loaded those samples into ableton for sequencing + compression and saturation on the entire track. then finally i sampled the audio back into the sp404sx and added the final effects like beat repeat as well as some vocal one shots.

moyo wilde
04-21-2012, 03:38 PM
dilla woulda chopped and flipped it better.