PDA

View Full Version : Calling out: Mashup DJs

bmorr
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I wanna get this Mashup tip going.

Looking at doing a 20-30min mix mashup style.

Genre: Top 40, club bangers.

FX and errything ok with me (that includes sync).

Let's see who's interested.

Suprarick
02-07-2012, 02:10 AM
I'll give it a shot...Why Not?!
-DJ Ukemi

dJRootz
02-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I'd definately like to see how this is done. Maybe in round two I'll get down ( unless someone has some audio examples for me to check out beforehand)

Suprarick
02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
When do you want the mix submitted? It's on! I'll be using two turntables and SSL only..no effects no sync for me.

bmorr
02-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd definately like to see how this is done. Maybe in round two I'll get down ( unless someone has some audio examples for me to check out beforehand)

Basically a mashup is when you take acappellas and instrumentals from one song and mix it with another. It's basically what you would usually hear at your city's main club on a saturday or something.

Might as well get in on this man, what's the worst that can happen? You get some feedback on what to improve for next time :)

When do you want the mix submitted? It's on! I'll be using two turntables and SSL only..no effects no sync for me.

Sounds good man, I'm thinking how about have it done by Feb22? So it gives us two weeks. I have my daily 9-5 job, and I often work a night shift at a second job, so sometimes i'm tight for time, but two weeks gives me enough time to get it done.

I'll be using traktor scratch pro with two tech 12's, but I will admit I will be using the sampler, which does use sync. The way I see it, is that it's not how you do the mix, but how creative it is, regardless of what you use. My buddy just made a sick on SSL mashup style and it was definitely better than anything i've ever done.

Let me know if you're cool with this.

Suprarick
02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
Basically a mashup is when you take acappellas and instrumentals from one song and mix it with another. It's basically what you would usually hear at your city's main club on a saturday or something.

Might as well get in on this man, what's the worst that can happen? You get some feedback on what to improve for next time :)

Sounds good man, I'm thinking how about have it done by Feb22? So it gives us two weeks. I have my daily 9-5 job, and I often work a night shift at a second job, so sometimes i'm tight for time, but two weeks gives me enough time to get it done.

I'll be using traktor scratch pro with two tech 12's, but I will admit I will be using the sampler, which does use sync. The way I see it, is that it's not how you do the mix, but how creative it is, regardless of what you use. My buddy just made a sick on SSL mashup style and it was definitely better than anything i've ever done.

Let me know if you're cool with this.

Sounds good man. I'll have my mix in by Feb 22nd. Not all my songs will involve instrumentals from other songs. I wanted to let you know that some may be personally selected "club remix's" of mainstream songs. Look forward to doing my first online DJ Battle with ya.

-Patrick (DJ Ukemi)

bmorr
02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Sounds good man. I'll have my mix in by Feb 22nd. Not all my songs will involve instrumentals from other songs. I wanted to let you know that some may be personally selected "club remix's" of mainstream songs. Look forward to doing my first online DJ Battle with ya.

-Patrick (DJ Ukemi)

Yea, I hear you man, I just said it as an example. it would be extremely difficult and ridiculous to do that with every song haha.

Look forward to hearing your mix bud. I'll have mine up on the 22nd as well.

Goodluck!

Suprarick
02-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Awesome!

BuddyUK
02-13-2012, 04:13 AM
YOU SHOULD ALL BE LINED UP AND SHOT

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p606/gfmpainting/Landscape%20Oil%20Paintings%20Reproductions/Photo41-1.jpg

bmorr
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
^ lol what? haha nice artwork

djbenxh
02-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Im up for this!
So who's in and when's the deadline.

bmorr
02-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Im up for this!
So who's in and when's the deadline.

So far it's me and Suprarick.

Deadline is Feb 22nd.

Looking at doing a 20-30min mix mashup style.

Genre: Top 40, club bangers.

FX and errything ok with me (that includes sync)!

Suprarick
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Will be submitting my mix in a few hours :)

Can't wait to hear yours and get our tracks judged by fellow DJF members!

bmorr
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Will be submitting my mix in a few hours :)

Can't wait to hear yours and get our tracks judged by fellow DJF members!

Hey Suprarick,

Sorry to do this to you. But I had a really crazy week at work (I actually just got home now 11:30pm). Are you ok if I postpone this another week?

I'm really sorry, just unfortunately I haven't had enough time to get around to this.

Suprarick
02-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Nevermind, I'll join another battle some day. Also been busy myself.

bmorr
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Nevermind, I'll join another battle some day. Also been busy myself.

Fair enough man. All the best.