PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback for JBL EON 515 PRO 15" ?

Vegeta
04-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on the above speakers?

I'm looking for a pair of backups...and was leaning towards the RCF art 312's....
Hoping to spend less than 1k for a pair. (as little as possible)

But I saw an ad for these used JBL's.
(listed at 900 OBO, with cables, stands...)

Thanks.

Synaxis
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
The RFCs > Eon 515's

/Thread

But seriously, go with the 312A's.

ampnation
04-13-2012, 06:00 PM
was leaning towards the RCF art 312's....

Lean more, enough to fall (for them)

bumpyjonas
04-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I own the JBL EON 515, while they are okay for small venues, there are clearly better speakers on the market. As a owner I would not recommend them when you have a plethora of choices.

The EONs was not a great DJ purchase for me. As I stated in DJF 1.0 it was my worst equipment purchase to date.

The reviews and feedback from owners of the RCF's make it a better purchase.

My EON's are now primarily used as backups for just in case scenarios.

Sween
04-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I own the JBL EON 515, while they are okay for small venues, there are clearly better speakers on the market. As a owner I would not recommend them when you have a plethora of choices.

The EONs was not a great DJ purchase for me. As I stated in DJF 1.0 it was my worst equipment purchase to date.

The reviews and feedback from owners of the RCF's make it a better purchase.

My EON's are now primarily used as backups for just in case scenarios.

I'm in the same situation. Looking to sell my Eons so I can buy a pair of K8's for ceremonies and stuff.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm in the same situation. Looking to sell my Eons so I can buy a pair of K8's for ceremonies and stuff.

You might want to consider the new Yamaha DXRs as well... ;)

Al

Vegeta
04-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I've heard good things about the RCF.
I'm just looking for a pair of 12s as they are just for backup...

If I can get the JBL's for 500-600, then maybe i'd go this route.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on the above speakers?

I'm looking for a pair of backups...and was leaning towards the RCF art 312's....
Hoping to spend less than 1k for a pair. (as little as possible)

But I saw an ad for these used JBL's.
(listed at 900 OBO, with cables, stands...)

Thanks.

Never been a fan of any JBL Eon I've seen or heard...

RCF makes fantastic sounding speakers. I own 2 pairs of 310As and can easily recommend the 312A.

Al

bumpyjonas
04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
You are welcome good luck.

Vegeta
04-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Are the 310s adequate enough for max 200 people?

a lot of venues i do in vancouver are not huge.

like this picture is standard. (shows just over half the room size)
http://rosechairdecor.com/gallery/past/Motif/main.jpg

Thanks.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Are the 310s adequate enough for max 200 people?

a lot of venues i do in vancouver are not huge.

like this picture is standard. (shows just over half the room size)
http://rosechairdecor.com/gallery/past/Motif/main.jpg

Thanks.

Absolutely not - Unless you have a sub or two to handle the low frequencies. the 310As are amazingly loud for their size and sound great, but we are talking about a bookshelf sized speaker with a 10'' woofer. You can just expect so much from any 10'' powered top. With subs, they are amazing though.

A pair of 312As will be just adequate for that size place with that amount of people, and even with those, subs would make a big difference as low frequencies will be at least somewhat lacking.

I see you are in Canada, I can suggest other powered speakers within your budget if you like. (the 312As run about 1400$ a pair here BTW)

Al

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
If they're just for backup, the Eons might be just fine if you get them at a good price. They will be loud enough and are fairly light. What are you using as mains right now?

Al

Vegeta
04-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah. i figured 12s would be preferred and its what i'm looking for.
I always get my stuff from the USA.
The cost in Canada are much higher like all things...in store or online plus shipping will kill you.

i'm using 2 qsc hpr 122i.
i had 2 hpr 151i as well but sold them.

the market i'm in...2 tops is all i need.

Thanks.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah. i figured 12s would be preferred and its what i'm looking for.
I always get my stuff from the USA.
The cost in Canada are much higher like all things...in store or online plus shipping will kill you.

i'm using 2 qsc hpr 122i.
i had 2 hpr 151i as well but sold them.

the market i'm in...2 tops is all i need.

Thanks.

Love the HPR122s, great sounding boxes!

These are the best deal going in the US right now, although shipping to Canada is the same price as the freakin' speaker (maybe something that can be negotiated with the seller) :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/M-Audio-GSR12-GSR-12-12-Powered-300-Watt-PA-Speaker-/220998162793?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3374845969

Al

Sween
04-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys.

I've heard good things about the RCF.
I'm just looking for a pair of 12s as they are just for backup...

If I can get the JBL's for 500-600, then maybe i'd go this route.

I'm selling a lightly used pair with cases for $900. But I'll be honest as a fellow DJFer... there's better stuff out there. I'd rather sell them to some local noob on CL.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 08:20 PM
These are in Canada with free shipping, are very loud (although with a somewhat strident horn) and I'm pretty sure they listed their cost rather than the retail price (they usually sell at 499$ a piece) :

http://www.pashop.com/site/php/products/productPage.php?manufacturer=Wharfedale&name=Titan 12D

*The link doesn't want to work, so just type Titan 12D in the search***

I own a pair of the older Titan 12As and they are compact, VERY light, LOUD and they have an outstanding mixer section too. Great as backups or for a ceremony speaker in which you can mix a source + microphone and have an instant PA! Great to setup on your deck to blast some tunes too. Just grab one, plug it in and plug in your MP3 player. Voila! 27lbs!

Al

Vegeta
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks!

I might end up with the RCFs...

I usually get stuff shipped to the USA and just pick it up there. A lot of sellers or dealers provide free shipping within US. I save much more.

Al Poulin
04-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks!

I might end up with the RCFs...

I usually get stuff shipped to the USA and just pick it up there. A lot of sellers or dealers provide free shipping within US. I save much more.

Sounds good. Feel free if you have any other questions or need any help at all. :)

Al

Finnish_Fox
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Are these overkills as DJ monitors? I'm used to seeing JBL 15"s at parties and peoples pads.