PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ideas For DJF #2

Dix
08-08-2017, 09:18 PM
When KLH & I took over the site, we had asked for your thoughts on what needed to be added, removed, changed etc for the betterment of DJF & its members. In general, what can we do for you?

We took a LOT of those ideas & discussed them, (actually discussed the all) & addressed the issues we thought would benefit DJF as a whole. Some we didnt think would work but implemented anyway because you asked.

So, here we are about a year & a half into our admin positions & I wanted to start from where we are today. You have experienced the changes for this long. What'cha think? Do, undo, redo? Ideas & thoughts go here in this thread.

Lets hear your thoughts. What do you think needs to be added, deleted, changed, upgraded, downgraded, etc. Good, bad or indifferent. Give me something to work on here.

Just FYI, if we dont get a hit on this thread every day, I'm gonna bump it so it is guaranteed to stay in the mix until I know everyone has has seen it, thought about it, revisited it & commented on something.
Every day... bump... until its discussed out.

Dix
08-11-2017, 05:11 AM
Bump for suggestions. Please feel free to let us know whats on your mind for DJF.

FleshMon
08-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Have you ever thought of adding a IRC channel for DJF? Its good for quick communication and if someone needs help they can be dealt with fast instead of making a thread and waiting.

Dix
08-14-2017, 10:21 PM
We will discuss this at our meeting this week.

I know we cant be making everyone THIS happy... some of you guys must have something that you'd like to see improved, added, deleted or changed ?!?!?!?

Windows 95
08-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Isn't this forum way too inactive for a chat feature?
The only benefit I can see of having such a feature on a forum this slow, is to trade (pirate) stuff one on one.

Will MaXimal
08-15-2017, 04:47 PM
This is something I tried to turn around some years ago.

If we are 100% honest, what can we say that DJForums offers the dj/production/music communities? What content do we have? How are we benefiting anyone?

One thing I have always said is that if everyone is fine letting this place be what it is in its current state, then ok great. But if you want to be on level ground with the rest of the online communities, you had better be thinking big picture like I had in the past.

Rek_Aviles
08-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Aside from stricter rules being enforced, i haven't seen anything change here. I could be wrong though, I don't visit the site like I used to to notice any small changes.

why not a color revamp? At least then it can feel like things are happening.

Rek_Aviles
08-18-2017, 11:56 AM
With Soundcloud seemingly on its last leg, Mixcloud will probably get a boot of new account from DJs. You should look for all MC plugins that can be integrated to this site.

Manu
08-22-2017, 04:20 AM
Maybe a new range of smileys/emoticons? We have a few that are relevant to use but most aren't... Just an idea.

Will MaXimal
09-06-2017, 11:18 AM
More content, more participation, new blood etc...

Honestly its time DJF had a HUGE revamping on all fronts.

Will MaXimal
09-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Im talking like, coming up with new content including regular segments that are kept current, reviews, new features, more involvement in dj communities etc. like street teams all over.

Windows 95
09-11-2017, 05:32 AM
Post pics of your setup. 2.0 part 1 OK this thread is over five years old & has over three thousand posts.
Isn't it about time for a "part 2", or to drop the "part 1" from the title?

Dizzle
09-19-2017, 07:57 PM
More content, more participation, new blood etc... Im talking like, coming up with new content including regular segments that are kept current, reviews, ...

I'd second this. I did a google search for 'dj forums' and although this site was 1st, it links to a home page that has articles from 2014. It may be a headache to keep original articles current, linking from around the web may solve and help build a network. If no current articles/news, then remake the landing page to look inviting.

efinque
04-10-2018, 02:30 AM
DJF Q&A?

DOA has pretty good Q&A threads from big names in the scene.. it could be due to the fact that some of them frequent the forum.

EDIT : and a fist pump emoticon

Reticuli
10-16-2019, 11:46 AM
So now it's just a forum?

drumpusher
11-23-2019, 09:20 PM
IMHO you need more admins. The DJF I knew since I've frequented since 2002 had the original group of admins that were originally subaru heads from another forum that DJ'ed also and were looking for a place to converge and ended up setting up their own forum. The slow demise and things getting stagnant is the lack of chiefs. By the time the forum was rebuilt in 2012 there was just Stripe and J left out of an original crew of about 10, and he had to rebuild and skin the forum by himself, where originally the design was delegated to one admin that specialized in the trade.

Between the two of the admins at the moment there has been too much bitten off to chew and nothing will change unless more hands are brought on.

Dix
11-23-2019, 09:46 PM
We're always up for suggestions......... hence the reasoning for this thread.

If you have idea's or suggestions that will improve DJF we are always open to hear them.

Just FYI, there are five (5) admins. I don't think there's anything that can be suggested that one or more of us cant get done.... if we feel its in the best interest of the forum. No offence intended. Just giving you the facts & FYI.

drumpusher
11-24-2019, 12:09 AM
All good. Just a thought while I'm sinking a few.

I would have given an arm back in the day to be part of the running and responsibility of DJF, but like many of the current Admins I don't have the time anymore. I'm sure there's still younger members with a lot of disposable income and time that could pitch in, but would need the status that goes with it. I would have loved to back when I could have, but I knew that none of the admins would ever dream of entertaining a reprobate like myself coming on board. But looking around I see a few heads still here that would suit.

Again, no offense intended. Just an opinion.