PDA

View Full Version : WD My Book from Mac Mini to Cdj 900??

prODucer
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
So I bought a new external drive to hold all my music. All of it is now on my Mac mini but I want to put it on the external drive which I will then plug into and share between 2 pioneer cdj 900s.

My worry however is that if the Mac formats the hard drive, will it still work with the cdj? The reason I ask is because we once tried putting files onto a hard drive from the Mac, but realized that the hard drive could not be read by pc laptops and such. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I don't want to put all my tunes onto this hd and not be able to use them on anything other than the Mac. And I want to be able to interchange between the Mac and the cdj as I want to eventually go back to serato but for now I'm gonna be playing music from the hd with my cdj 900s.

Phil Noize
04-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Make sure it's formatted as FAT32. Then Macs, PCs and CDJs will be able to read it.

prODucer
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Make sure it's formatted as FAT32. Then Macs, PCs and CDJs will be able to read it.

Oh ok thanks. Is that a pretty straight forward thing to do? Im a moron when it comes to this stuff....

Phi
04-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Is that a pretty straight forward thing to do?
Yup.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-_ihdJEwNw

prODucer
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Perfect!! Thank you!