PDA

View Full Version : Cannot reply to threads in Mix Submissions forum?

Smithy
07-19-2017, 06:19 PM
As it says on the tin!?

Dix
07-19-2017, 07:02 PM
This also applies to any type of posts in the mix submission section:

#16 - To post a mix or links to Soundcloud & Mixcloud accounts, you must have completed both of the following:
a) Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum.
b) Be a member in good standing for a minimum period of 30 days.
Posting your mix in another forum section will be viewed as circumventing the rules, thus the post will be deleted and disciplinary action given.

Smithy
07-19-2017, 07:56 PM
This also applies to any type of posts in the mix submission section:

#16 - To post a mix or links to Soundcloud & Mixcloud accounts, you must have completed both of the following:
a) Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum.
b) Be a member in good standing for a minimum period of 30 days.
Posting your mix in another forum section will be viewed as circumventing the rules, thus the post will be deleted and disciplinary action given.

I was not trying to post a mix; rather reply to another members submitted mix.

Must be this rule "Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum" as I only have 21 at the moment. No problem.

Dix
07-19-2017, 08:14 PM
It doesn't matter that you weren't trying to post a mix. As noted in my first post, The rule also applies to ANY post in that section.
You have to have 30 posts &,
you have to be a member for 30 days.
to post in the mix submission section...

Its the way the permissions are set up in the vBulletin software for this forum. Since you don't meet both criteria, the system wont let you post in that section at all.

Smithy
07-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Yes. I know have been a member for more than 30 days and so the issues is due to not having enough posts. That is what I said in my previous post.

Manu
07-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi, it came to my attention that you are advertising a business in your avatar and signature, but also in some previous posts. As per current rules I'm afraid I have to remove these.

Business promotion in any and all areas of DJF requires a vendor account. If you continue to advertise without the appropriate subscription, your account may be infracted and ultimately banned. We don't want that to happen, so please consider purchasing a vendor account subscription. To subscribe, please visit the subscriptions page (http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php).

For more details on the vendor account, this is the vendor and services FAQ (http://www.djforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vendor_faq).

Now if you are not interested in advertising, you may of course carry on as a regular member. I will add that posting mixes on DjF is an acquired privilege and not a given right. This has been implemented in order to get rid of previous enormous amounts of spam. Lastly, I would mention that being registered since 2012, you had more than ample time to make 30 (useful) posts. Now you're not too far off, if you make a post or two per day, you will get access to mix submissions in a relatively short amount of time.

Thread closed.