PDA

View Full Version : Promo Items

Sween
04-12-2012, 07:46 AM
So who gives out branded promotional items and when?

T-Shirts, pens, magnets, coffee cups, notepads, calendars, etc...

Nick_EventPro
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
I do.

Mostly at school dances and such. T Shirts, and I have these sweet light up bouncy balls with my logo on them for the kids.

Quentin Legend
04-12-2012, 09:54 AM
I've been thinking of getting some branded T-Shirts, but haven't got around to doing it.

Sween
04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
The thing that's tough about T-shirts is that you really need different sizes... or at least different sizes for men, women, and kids.

I mean I guess you can go one size fits all but that usually means the T-shirt will be too big for 75% of the population. (Thinking Mens Large)

T-Shirts sound good to me because people actually APPRECIATE getting a free Tshirt and they would probably wear it (even if just at the beach or something).

Coffee mugs sound like a next best choice... People use them. And they will bring them to work. Maybe travel mugs would be even better! So I encourage them to take it with them.

Pens suck because the logo will be too small.

Just looking for good (and cheap) items to brand.

Nick_EventPro
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I mean yes and no... if I'm tossing out T shirts at a school dance I buy a bunch of larges and just throw them out in the crowd. I don't pick sizes and throw smalls at the girls and larges at the guys or anythign like that. If someone catches a shirt and its too big or too small I've seen them give it to a friend at the dance it will fit. Either way, they just got something free, and they read it.

Sween
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I think I may have just sold myself on the travel mug idea... These look nice.

http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/custom-travelmugs/15oz-stainless-steel-mug.htm

Also considering T-Shirts... What sites do you guys use for printing Tshirts?

Da Animal
04-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I have done water bottles before also. I do the summer parades here in my area and a few water bottles are always a big hit along with tshirts out of the air cannon.

Ntertainment
04-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Sween

Not that i'm everyone, but i just got a travel mug from my insurance agent, it's all plastic and while it's BPA free, I won't be using it. I'm a very solid coffee drinker. I only drink from mugs that have a Stainless Steel inside. I feel plastic pollutes the tastes and gives the coffee dioxins that we don't need. I have seriously considered giving out ceramic mugs but obviously travel mugs are better.

I know some people don't care about the plastic inside so i'm sure you'll be fine, but i'm probably gonna throw the one i got away. I told her i didn't want it but she insisted.

I love the Idea of T shirts, you could throw out a large and have medium as a backup if people needed a smaller size. If you get them printed in bulk obvisouly cheaper. The only thing stoping me so far, has been the price per shirt for smaller orders.

Ntertainment
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
O also i'm gone through 4 imprint before and they've always done me right. They are for very large orders. They have a price match program and will meet any advertised price. I order all my pens from them, banners, some shirts for me and employees, and other random stuff. They have a pretty intense marketing program and send me stuff all the time, it's nice to have demos.

O yeah they will send you a sample of anything... I once asked for a sample jacket and a return mailing envelope so send it back when i had made up my mind, they told me to just keep it. I wear it all the time, but didn't buy them because of the zippers and price.

Dix
04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
When I go to bridal shows, one of the things I give away is "Koosies" for 12 oz cans. I usually buy more than I need for the show, so the rest I keep & give out to friends etc. Also, I put 25 or so in a bag & take them to events that I do. When I see someone with a drink in a can or bottle, I give them a Koosie. People love them. They just go on & on about how much they appreciate it. With the men, it's a guy thing. The ladies... well they don't like holding that wet can or bottle. It has scored a lot of points with me at events. And @ only about .50 per koosie, I'm only giving out about $12.50 for every 25 Koosies.
They have my large logo & three printed lines. My name, phone number & tag line.

Keep in mind that some people drink out of plastic cups, so not everyone can use one.

RodneyL
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Bumping this thread for more ideas. I am doing a bridal show in December and want ideas for free give a ways... trying to keep the cost down too. I already have biz card magnets, post cards, and rack cards (single sided brochure). I need a give a way people might actually use.

Dixieland, who does your koosies?

DJ Nada
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
http://cat5iveprint.com/index.php

Anyone ever try high-end or really unique business cards? I'm considering it, but not sure if it'd be a waste of money.

Da Animal
10-16-2012, 12:00 PM
A lot of marketing guru's will tell you that business cards are actually a waste of your advertising dollars now. I still use them myself but as I see what people do with them, or where they end up, I can't say I have every considered my expensive ones.

DJMC
10-16-2012, 04:32 PM
A lot of marketing guru's will tell you that business cards are actually a waste of your advertising dollars now. I still use them myself but as I see what people do with them, or where they end up, I can't say I have every considered my expensive ones.

I'd say paper ones are obsolete.

However, a refrigerator magnet is much more likely to be retained. Even if its on the side of their fridge, they will eventually remember you!

I've given 'em mostly to people that hire me, and then they say they misplaced the contract/paperwork with my phone number, but they kept the magnet and were able to dial me up quickly!

Synaxis
10-16-2012, 05:30 PM
^^ I like the magnet idea. Although an actual "magnet" not just a business card slapped onto a magnet.

I know you can get custom blow up toys with your logo on them for small kids, like those guitars, or hammers, ect...

Or what about key chains? Or Lanyards? Balloons? Kids love taking home balloons at the end of events.

RodneyL
10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I just placed my order through VistaPrint. I got a banner for my booth, magnets, and koosies. I used a code from RetailmeNot (http://www.retailmenot.com/view/vistaprint.com), which gave me 50% off and free standard shipping. I saved over $50 on this order.

VistaPrint has all sorts of promo items, like fridge magnet clips, biz card magnets, pens, koosies, and stress balls. We thought stress balls would be a funny idea for brides planning a wedding, but ultimately decided on the koosies because they would get more use.

DJ Donnie Lewis
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Fridge magnets, business cards and brochures lol thats all