PDA

View Full Version : Scratching in samples ? Possible?

quick
04-06-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm gonna start loading samples in serato using a pioneer sp-1 and was wondering if I can scratch on a sample? If so what crossfader will work from my scratching? I'm on DVS using a rane ttm56 mixer , thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andymunro
04-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Do you mean by pressing the button and just using the crossfader to cut? Because I think you'd be best loading the sample into a deck to scratch normally.

quick
04-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Do you mean by pressing the button and just using the crossfader to cut? Because I think you'd be best loading the sample into a deck to scratch normally.

I'm able to set samples and mix between my 2 turntables with the sample running but I watch on youtube where they will press the pad, activate the sample and actually scratch with that sample. I messed with it today a bit and did it but it's real tricky and I guess I have to get used to it. I'm new to samples since I just learned to load them. This looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun though, can't wait to get familiar ..

quick
04-08-2017, 12:57 AM

What about using let's say a word from a song onto a sample? Can that be down without loading the whole song? I know how to cue at the beginning of a sample but how do I stop it ?

andymunro
04-08-2017, 06:09 AM
You could use Audacity which is free to download, to make an edit of the track to just the bit you want and save it as another file, then you just load that bit. You can make your own library of scratch samples then.

rikv
04-10-2017, 09:06 AM
I don't understand why you need to cut tracks in bits and samples or edit tracks with audacity to scratch....You can set the position anywhere in a song or create cues and points though?

quick
04-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Where do I find audacity?

andymunro
04-14-2017, 04:18 AM
http://www.audacityteam.org/

quick
04-16-2017, 10:09 PM
http://www.audacityteam.org/

thank you... hope its not too complicated.