PDA

View Full Version : - DNB DJ Roll-Call -

djrebelv
03-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Just wanting to see how many DNB guys we got on here. I've been on here off and on for the last few years, thought I'd like to meet some of you and introduce myself.

I'm Ray. Hi.

I've been dabbling with DJing on my own since 2012. Its a hobby but.. its one of the most consistent things in my life. I've been musically inclined since I was a kid; started with piano when I was about 8.. did that for a couple years and then switched to electric guitar. Played that all through middle and high school then kind of got bored with it. Learned to play the drums in college with the campus chaplain (who happened to be a beast, who knew) and after.. didn't really know what to do. Still loved music, always loved what it does, so when I got introduced to electronic music it was a game changer. I think the first song I heard (aside from stuff like Daft Punk or Justice and basically anything that came out in the 90's and early 2000's, Sandstorm and the sort, blah blah)(lets just say the first electronic song that flipped the switch for me) was Sierra Leone by Mt. Eden. I was like WTF is this :eek: I need more. This was on the tail end of my college escapade. Then after I graduated, met some friends that had a cheap ass plastic numark in a backroom of their house where we would hang out, smoke and listen to music and I thought.. shit, I could do that. Asked one of them to give me a tour of the device and I was hooked. Went and picked up a Hercules 4set and started out with dubstep since it was slower and easier to learn. A little while after that I stumbled upon Witchcraft by Pendulum and my world was turned upside down again :D I was like THISSSS is audio cocaine.. I neeeed mooooore. And here I am 5 years heavily addicted to 176 BPM :freak:

Here's a link to my soundcloud in case you're curious or wanna link up: DJRBLV (https://soundcloud.com/djrebelventure)

Would love to hear what got you into DJing or DNB or DJing DNB for that matter. What are some of your favorite tracks? And/or gimme a link to your mixes. Right now, I'm pretty much on anything that Dimension or Mefjus is putting out. Some great production there. Andy C, Calyx and Teebee, A.M.C and Friction have been my favorite DJing acts for a long time but I have an unreasonable amount of love and respect for Noisia.

Hit me with what you got!

djrebelv
03-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Lol.. okay, just kidding.

Manu
03-17-2017, 10:41 PM
And/or gimme a link to your mixes. !

Just as a reminder before the spam begins:

FAQ

#16 - To post a mix or links to Soundcloud & Mixcloud accounts, you must have completed both of the following:
a) Accumulate 30 posts by participating in any area of the forum.
b) Be a member in good standing for a minimum period of 30 days.
Posting your mix in another forum section will be viewed as circumventing the rules, thus the post will be deleted and disciplinary action given.

#17 – Beginner mixes can be posted in the beginners section only, but must be no more than 10 minutes in length. Mixes longer than 10 minutes will be viewed as circumventing rule 16, will be deleted & disciplinary action will be issued.

djrebelv
03-20-2017, 07:36 AM
Right. Looks like thats not gonna be a problem tho.. lol

The Blackest
03-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi and welcome or something. Hahaha the DnB heads on this forum used to be really active, but I dunno what happened. Did you catch Calyx and Teebee when they were here last month? Also, are you coming to Uhall for the Ram Show this Sunday?

djrebelv
03-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Hey man,

Yeah! I was there.. and WODNB as I said in the other thread (even saw you there haha). I won't be going to the RAM show this weekend since I'll be out of town but.. I'm going to Friction and Metrik at Flash for sure. Always really stoked to see Friction come through and I love how Metrik DJs.

I support 3D a lot since Dom is the man. I'll usually go to 8/10 shows he puts on but gonna have to skip the RAM, Dom & Roland and the Teddy Killerz shows.

When are you on next? Haven't seen you on a lineup in a bit (or I guess I haven't been looking closely either).

GodsDoctor
03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Hey DJReBLV.

Old Jungle DnB head here. Just saying hello.

The Blackest
03-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Yeah I'm taking a little break from playing out. Been working on music and throwing events. The Friction and Metrik show is actually my bday party so I'll definitely be on the line up. Was supposed to play At SubDistrick this weekend but that got moved to the same day as WODNB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrebelv
03-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Yeah I'm taking a little break from playing out. Been working on music and throwing events. The Friction and Metrik show is actually my bday party so I'll definitely be on the line up. Was supposed to play At SubDistrick this weekend but that got moved to the same day as WODNB.

Oh, awesome. I'll have to come by and grab you a beverage then :tup:

djrebelv
03-28-2017, 08:46 AM
What's up GodsD! Nice to meet you :D

The Blackest
03-28-2017, 08:47 AM
I actually have a new monthly coming up in April. We got Random Movement and Kjell. It's a rooftop party. Really excited about it.

djrebelv
03-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Thats tight, where's it held at?

The Blackest
03-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Thats tight, where's it held at?

Public Bar. Back in the day it was Club 5.

https://www.facebook.com/events/388369098200675??ti=ia

djrebelv
03-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Okay, thats pretty cool. Weekly local DNB, Im all about. Wish it were thursday nights tho... :/ Monday is always a bitch for me but I'll come out and check it out here n there.

Kevwin
04-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Howdy. I'm an old dog learning new tricks! I just started to learn dnb/jungle but have been a fan for 20+ years.

Sent from my Lenovo A2016b30 using Tapatalk

djrebelv
04-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Whats up Kev.

What made you finally decide to take it to the next level? 20 years is a long time to wait.

Dantron
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm Dantron. I spin Drum & Bass and I'm way cooler than The Blackest.

djrebelv
06-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Wazzzzzzaaahhh

Icewind
06-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Hey guys. I'm more of a producer than a dj, but I do mix and have played out before. Been mixing/producing since around 2007 or so. A combination of jungle and hardcore type stuff.

Seems dead in this sub forum...thought I'd chime in anyways.

djrebelv
06-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Whats up Ice. Yeah.. pretty dead down here.. I tried but, barely any bites.

What got you into mixing and producing?

DJ Bobcat
06-21-2017, 11:47 AM
All DJ forums are kinda slow these days... not dead, but definitely slow. I can't say why. There's plenty going on in the business, but not a lot of us are sharing our experiences on forums. I belong to four, and all are slower than 3 years ago. I'm sure Facebook is probably a factor. You can only spend so much time with a particular technology... unless you don't sleep and have no life.😊

eleovjr
09-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Just wanting to see how many DNB guys we got on here. I've been on here off and on for the last few years, thought I'd like to meet some of you and introduce myself.

I'm Ray. Hi.

I've been dabbling with DJing on my own since 2012. Its a hobby but.. its probably currently the most consistent thing in my life tbh haha. I've been musically inclined since I was a kid; started with piano when I was about 8.. did that for a couple years and then switched to electric guitar. Played that all through middle and high school then kind of got bored with it. Learned to play the drums in college with the campus chaplain (who happened to be a beast, who knew) and after.. didn't really know what to do. Still loved music, always loved what it does, so when I got introduced to electronic music it was a game changer. I think the first song I heard (aside from stuff like Daft Punk or Justice and basically anything that came out in the 90's and early 2000's, Sandstorm and the sort, blah blah)(lets just say the first electronic song that flipped the switch for me) was Sierra Leone by Mt. Eden. I was like WTF is this :eek: I need more. This was on the tail end of my college escapade. Then after I graduated, met some friends that had a cheap ass plastic numark in a backroom of their house where we would hang out, smoke and listen to music and I thought.. shit, I could do that. Asked one of them to give me a tour of the device and I was hooked. Went and picked up a Hercules 4set and started out with dubstep since it was slower and easier to learn. A little while after that I stumbled upon Witchcraft by Pendulum and my world was turned upside down again :D I was like THISSSS is audio cocaine.. I neeeed mooooore. And here I am 5 years heavily addicted to 176 BPM :freak:

Here's a link to my soundcloud in case you're curious or wanna link up: DJRBLV (https://soundcloud.com/djrebelventure)

Would love to hear what got you into DJing or DNB or DJing DNB for that matter. What are some of your favorite tracks? And/or gimme a link to your mixes. Right now, I'm pretty much on anything that Dimension is putting out. The dude is a bad man. Calyx and Teebee have been in my top three DJing acts for a long time and Noisia are #1 in my book in terms of production and overall act.

Hit me with what you got!

Always been a dnb fan. Just started mixing last month. Sup?

djrebelv
09-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Nice bruv, whats up. What're your impressions thus far?

eleovjr
10-15-2017, 12:04 AM
Nice bruv, whats up. What're your impressions thus far?

I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved the music. Always been a monstrous fan of the music, so, it was only natural that I would take to mixing.

My hangups are really with learning to beat match by ear. Currently, I usually mix on the snare, otherwise I sound like garbage.

Some of my favorite mixes I've done are Marcus Intalex - Cabal into Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie...
Sabre ft. Halogenix - St. Clair into Mark System - Optix >> dBridge - Since We've Been Apart

Overall, I'm getting the hang of it. I generally mix around 172bpm, and I'll pitch up or down slightly to catch a track. Then return the pitch to normal on the track I cued in, to change the tempo. That works well for me.

I'm working on a mix currently, and I'm having trouble finding a song that goes with Ulterior Motive - Featherweight VIP.

I have that mixed with Enei - Cracker.. and those sound like a funk bomb together.

But, I need to find this missing song that would link the two parts of my mix together.. It starts off pretty heavy/neuro with Noisia, Icicle, Phentix, Spor, then by the end it cools down into a real laid back groover with Alix Perez, Survival, BCee, LSB

KAL
10-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Hi all,

I have been DJing D&B since 2000. Its the first genre that motivated me to learn how DJ, and I always enjoy coming back to it and mixing D&B with mates.

Since I went digital with my mixing years back I don't follow it as a genre as closely as I used to, mainly for being able to afford to DJ other genres that I like such as House, Techno, Dubstep, Bass music etc etc with not having to only buy vinyl anymore, but I still cant beat the rush of dropping a proper banger of a D&B tune for the first time!!!

Give me a follow on Soundcloud and I'll check out your mixes and tunes too. Plus always on the look out for some fresh new tunes...

vibespredah
10-24-2017, 10:29 AM
ahhh good thing i caught this.

djrebelv
12-11-2017, 04:44 PM
I enjoy it immensely. I've always loved the music. Always been a monstrous fan of the music, so, it was only natural that I would take to mixing.

Glad to hear it my man. Its always super satisfying to marry two tracks that seem like they were made for eachother isn't it? Even though the hunt for the perfect one is frustrating a lot of the time.

I took a bit of a hiatus this last year... didn't really do much besides the mix I put out at the beginning of the year but the fingers started to itch again this last month and its been a month of rediscovering how fucking awesome it feels to mix. Keep putting in the work man. Its a labor... but it will eventually be a labor of love (if it isn't already).

And welcome to the thread :tup:

djrebelv
12-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

I have been DJing D&B since 2000. Its the first genre that motivated me to learn how DJ, and I always enjoy coming back to it and mixing D&B with mates.

Since I went digital with my mixing years back I don't follow it as a genre as closely as I used to, mainly for being able to afford to DJ other genres that I like such as House, Techno, Dubstep, Bass music etc etc with not having to only buy vinyl anymore, but I still cant beat the rush of dropping a proper banger of a D&B tune for the first time!!!

Give me a follow on Soundcloud and I'll check out your mixes and tunes too. Plus always on the look out for some fresh new tunes...

Ah yes... the energy a great DNB track brings is almost unparalleled. I used to dabble into house and dubstep but it just doesn't do it for me the way DNB does. I think my soul beats at 176 bpm lol.

I'll look you up on the SC shortly and send you an add.

...n Welcome to the thread :tup:

**correction: we're already connected haha... Ima give your mixes a go then :D

Carter
12-23-2017, 10:24 PM
I miss this place and some of the connections we had on here... the battles used to be great. Been a long time since I came around here though lol... from mod to barely on to completely gone. Such is life I guess. I haven't even mixed at all in about 4 years. Moved to the Dallas area about 3 years ago and haven't even been out to a show. I miss it a lot though and I think it would probably help me sort things out if I just sunk myself into mixing again.

Anyway... are any of the old heads still rattling around in here?

pete
12-24-2017, 02:51 AM

Carter... now there is a name I remember.
Yeah, there are still a few of the old guard arouund.
The site has changed and developed, same as any site. Same as the DJ scene. Same as the DJs, or the amount of DJing we can do as we get older.
However, this site has been around since before youtube, facebook, twitter etc. and is still active, thanks to the team that keep it going and their love of DJing. I feel that's pretty impressive.

Welcome back!

PauleBrosef
04-09-2018, 03:51 PM
Liquid D&B here. Although I used to spin the heavy harder stuff ie: Dylan, Technical Itch, stuff from Cyclon Records, etc... Nowadays I'm all about the soulful stuff. Really good tunes these days come out of liquid D&B, high ratio of quality. I also spin deep dubstep, the stuff that sounds more like what dubstep sounded like before Skrillex skrillified it. Good artist but dubstep now seems like a mess of in your face robot sex synths which I'm just not into. Also dig good techno bangers. First love is DnB though for mixing. Will always get down with the drum & bass.

djrebelv
04-17-2018, 07:41 AM
I also spin deep dubstep, the stuff that sounds more like what dubstep sounded like before Skrillex skrillified it. Good artist but dubstep now seems like a mess of in your face robot sex synths which I'm just not into.

:lol: agreed

And also on Liquid lately.. been really digging it. Pola & Bryson, The Vanguard Project, Macca & Loz Contreras and Dawn Wall have been on repeat at work. :music:

eleovjr
05-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear it my man. Its always super satisfying to marry two tracks that seem like they were made for eachother isn't it? Even though the hunt for the perfect one is frustrating a lot of the time.

I took a bit of a hiatus this last year... didn't really do much besides the mix I put out at the beginning of the year but the fingers started to itch again this last month and its been a month of rediscovering how fucking awesome it feels to mix. Keep putting in the work man. Its a labor... but it will eventually be a labor of love (if it isn't already).

And welcome to the thread :tup:

Amen brotha, been at it the whole time and I'm starting to see hard work pay off. I can usually get a track beat matched within 16-32 bars and it used to take me forever without a guarantee it would be locked.

Been going down the 90s jungle/hardcore road as well. Having a lot of fun with it and eager to play out.

Doppelganger
02-03-2019, 01:09 AM

It's been a long time since I've been on here....