View Full Version : CALLING OUT: Hip-HOUSE battle

Spife
04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Rules
1v1
20 minutes
vinyl only
no efx or post production

These are flexible, I only have so much hip house vinyl though, and don't know it as well as I should so I might need a few weeks.

Spife
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Yooooo bump!

Finnish_Fox
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Can't do it on vinyl... pretty limited as it is even in digital.

Spife
04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
yeah that's why I called it vinyl, it's a weird genre that doesn't get much love, plus I want to do a hip house set on vinyl haha
maybe we could make an acception, but you'd have to do all your beat matching by ear to help LEVELS out the competition. If you were interested.

Finnish_Fox
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
yeah that's why I called it vinyl, it's a weird genre that doesn't get much love, plus I want to do a hip house set on vinyl haha
maybe we could make an acception, but you'd have to do all your beat matching by ear to help LEVELS out the competition. If you were interested.

I only beat-match by ear. :tup:

Working on getting a DVS, actually. Lemme go through and see if I've got enough tracks to do it.

Spife
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I only beat-match by ear. :tup:

Working on getting a DVS, actually. Lemme go through and see if I've got enough tracks to do it.
Word, I'm mighty lazy, can do it kinda but I'm gonna get it down over the next two months.

The time limit is 20 mins cause I don't know how much I actually have and can mix haha

CC Ricers
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't have enough tracks, but just posting to express my interest and look forward to hear the mixes. I assume we are talking about the 90's era hip house since you mentioned vinyl only.

Being from Chicago I can just go to a record shop and buy a decent stack of hip house for 3-4 bucks a pop :spin: Too bad I have no equipment at the moment :(

Spife
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't have enough tracks, but just posting to express my interest and look forward to hear the mixes. I assume we are talking about the 90's era hip house since you mentioned vinyl only.

Being from Chicago I can just go to a record shop and buy a decent stack of hip house for 3-4 bucks a pop :spin: Too bad I have no equipment at the moment :(

yeah early early stuff, like http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-150-745915-1154543250.jpeg that stuff.
Also that's awesome haha, a lot of my hip house were early buys from a local record shop for $1 a piece cause I didn't have any other records.

Like I said, I'm preeeeeetty sure I have enough to fill a 20 minute set.