PDA

View Full Version : Key lock for Serato Itch on NS6

fat8ack
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I know it has something to do with the master tempo buttons on the NS6 but beyond that I really have no clue and I hate when I am out of key. I am not real good at judging the key of a song so a tool like key lock really help a guy like me. I also know that I can set my crates up to show what key, and that helps, but how do I keep both decks locked on the same key?

I am fully prepared for what ever you dish at me but I need to know ASAP!!!!

Thank you in advance!

djdran
04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
typically keylock keeps the key of the song at original speed (0% pitch)...

DJ LEar
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Itch doesn't figure out what the key of a track is when you analyze. You would have to first analyze the file with a program that does such as Mixed in Key or Mixmeister. This way the key will be written to the song's tag/metadata and will show in itch if you have the show "key" field enabled in your crates. Hopefully, in a future release of Itch, it will analyze song keys.

Defiance
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Its just one of the annoying features of Itch.

fat8ack
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Its just one of the annoying features of Itch.

No doubt.....drives me nuts because my ears are not that talented....YET.

Defiance
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
No doubt.....drives me nuts because my ears are not that talented....YET.

I've had it for a few months and I STILL don't think its analyzed and correctly crated my music. Traktor/VDJ have no issues like this. I hate having the "link to the real file" type system itch has...

fat8ack
04-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I am actually thinking about giving Traktor a shot....a guy here local is selling an S2 for $400.....but I dunno....I bought TP2 and it just does not integrate real well with the NS6. I really like the coustomability with it though.

DJNR
04-12-2012, 01:14 PM
I am actually thinking about giving Traktor a shot....a guy here local is selling an S2 for $400.....but I dunno....I bought TP2 and it just does not integrate real well with the NS6. I really like the coustomability with it though.

The S2 will be a downgrade in features I think, but Traktor may be better suited for your needs.

fat8ack
04-12-2012, 01:18 PM
The S2 will be a downgrade in features I think, but Traktor may be better suited for your needs.

Oh for sure....NS6 is nice and I love it but really want to play with Tracktor on a controller designed for it. I did map my APC20 and Axiom25 for it but I like having the platters. Really I just want a new toy I guess...lol.