PDA

View Full Version : Numark TTXUSB Vs. Technics 1200 Vs. Pioneer CDJ 900/2000

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I thinking about getting pair of Turntable or CDJs. I want to get more into scratching.

I am going to use it with S4. I am noob when it comes to scratching so I want your help which one should I go for?

My options are Numark TTXUSB

http://www.numark.com/images/sized/images/product_large/ttxusb_angle_lg-624x390.jpg

VS.

Technics 1200

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRq6rK4HRj8n_6efjFdefa7n9Zzwm6T dRsSCB06A-6rl9mjSZe8w

VS.

Pioneer CDJ 900/2000

I know Technics are industry standard but the price is out of control. I mean for the price of one I am getting two Numark TTXUSB with flight case.

I want the input from you why should I spend $1200 a piece for turntable where I can get Pioneer CDJ-900 for pretty much same amount?

Please help me decide.

Should I go for Numark TTXUSB or Technics 1200? Or should I just get Pioneer CDJ-900 or 2000?

Is it easy to learn and perform scratching on CDJ 900s or 2000s?

Please help I am extremely confused right now.

I can afford any of them but I am just not sure which one will be perfect from Scratching point of view?

p.s. I do a lot of Mobile DJ very few club gigs.

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone!!

Interracial Tea
04-11-2012, 01:40 PM
If you want to scratch, then get turntables. You can scratch on CDJs, but the feel isn't the same as using vinyl.

DJ D Reddi
04-11-2012, 01:44 PM
i hv techs and i love the squared look and the convenience of the placement for my dicers but the numark ttx is a better turntable. I had a pair of numarks and i regret sellin them. more torque, more features, and scratch turntablist friendly. i cant speak on the cdj's. I've played on them just never really liked the feel and im not a huge fan of cdj's. lol But they get the job done!!!!

DJ D Reddi
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
hey Int T what part of san diego are you in????

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
If you want to scratch, then get turntables. You can scratch on CDJs, but the feel isn't the same as using vinyl.

I had the same thing in mind what if I don't enjoy the feel of it.

Thanks for the input.

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 02:00 PM
i hv techs and i love the squared look and the convenience of the placement for my dicers but the numark ttx is a better turntable. I had a pair of numarks and i regret sellin them. more torque, more features, and scratch turntablist friendly. i cant speak on the cdj's. I've played on them just never really liked the feel and im not a huge fan of cdj's. lol But they get the job done!!!!

I am planning to use it with S4 so I don't need the dicer space. How is Numark from the point of view of reliability?

sss18734
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I've owned both the TTX and the 1200. Strictly from a performance point of view, the TTX is a better turntable. The very early models, the TTX-1's, had some overheating issues but it's been like 8 years since those were introduced. I haven't really heard of any other widespread issues.

I sold my TTX's for a pair of 1200's just because I preferred the look. Also, the TTX's were ridiculously heavy - the Technics are so much lighter, which is nice. :)

djdran
04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
personally i would get the Numark TTX...

read this review:
http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/ttx.php

they look like amazing turntables. My buddy just got a pair last week and he loves them. I haven't gotten the chance to try the TTX myself tho. If i were to buy new turntables today.. the TTX would be the turntables i would get, especially for scratching...

bheinz63
04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
1200s. Buy them used because they are cheaper and will last forever. The ttx is a good turntable but in my experience are not reliable(pitch would not speed up after 6 months). The tecnics will work every time you turn them on, and will work the same every time you turn them on.

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I am getting two new TTXUSB with 2 new Cases shipped for $850.

Great deal?

sss18734
04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I would say average deal. Maybe even a little on the high side, unless they are in pristine condition and come with decent cartridges.

DJ Scotch
04-11-2012, 02:57 PM
I would say average deal. Maybe even a little on the high side, unless they are in pristine condition and come with decent cartridges.

I am getting new in box. I see the average price every where is $370 for new. I am getting two for $700 and case $75 each.

sss18734
04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Not bad, then.

DJ D Reddi
04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Brand new thats a good deal. u wont be disappointed with the numarks. eventually i will buy another set. Good choice :)

Hausgeist
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I just got a pair of TTXs a couple of months ago from a buddy. He had them for seven years, and they work perfectly. Congrats on the purchase. You will have fun with them. :tup:

Boomcie
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
TTX's :love:

DJ Scotch
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Not bad, then.

I know I ordered it and now I will get it by tomorrow. Pair of TTXUSB, case and SHURE M447-H

Brand new thats a good deal. u wont be disappointed with the numarks. eventually i will buy another set. Good choice :)

Thanks D Reddi

I just got a pair of TTXs a couple of months ago from a buddy. He had them for seven years, and they work perfectly. Congrats on the purchase. You will have fun with them. :tup:

Thanks Hausgeist. I am sure I will enjoy playing with them. I asked around and every store owner is either not able to get technics or saying even tho the product is great there is no way one should spend $1000+ on a discontinued product.

DJ Scotch
04-12-2012, 08:12 AM
TTX's :love:

:tup:

DJ CirKutCision
04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Get the TTXs. If you look, you can sore them for $400 a pair in good condition. But I did get my pair of M3Ds for $350. ;) Just gotta look around man.

DJ Scotch
04-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Get the TTXs. If you look, you can sore them for $400 a pair in good condition. But I did get my pair of M3Ds for $350. ;) Just gotta look around man.

I got the new Numark TTX :) I wanted to get new pair as I am planning to keep them for long time

Interracial Tea
04-13-2012, 04:54 PM
hey Int T what part of san diego are you in????
I'm in Paradise Hills.

I'm in DJ FRIENDS too.

Pmf2000
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
That's a great price for new TTX's. I believe you will really enjoy them.

DJ Scotch
04-17-2012, 08:26 AM
That's a great price for new TTX's. I believe you will really enjoy them.

I know I got a great deal, I am loving it, now time to scratch ;)

Starting with Forward, Chops and Stabs.

DJ Weatherman
05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
im quite surprised how many Numark votes came in for this thread...considering their lack of reliability in the last decade+, especially in comparison with Technics flawless past...dont get me wrong, i had a pair in the past and never had any issues, but ever since switching to techs, ive never looked back..i will never have to buy another pair of TT's again, his is very comforting :D

Windows 95
05-01-2012, 08:26 AM
im quite surprised how many Numark votes came in for this thread...considering their lack of reliability in the last decade+, especially in comparison with Technics flawless past...TTX lack of reliability? Technics flawless past?

I've never had to have a TTX turntable repaired, ever. I can't say the same for SL-1200MK2 turntables.
If Technics are flawless, why are so many parts sold for them & so many people having to repair them?

VjQue
05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
TTX lack of reliability? Technics flawless past?

I've never had to have a TTX turntable repaired, ever. I can't say the same for SL-1200MK2 turntables.
If Technics are flawless, why are so many parts sold for them & so many people having to repair them?cos people not taking care of them in club's. I will bet you that those TTX could not stand up close to what a 1200 took in club's.

now with dvs it makes some decks seem like there really good.

but with pure vinyl it may be a different story.

the tech's im doing over has been in use since the 80's. and have no issue with them at all.

my lineup is

technics 1200

technics dz-1200's

both still going strong.

tech's are proven

TTX are not.

just a note I opened up the 1200 and it was so much dust and crap in there im like dam how is this thing still working.

when I get the parts back from the pc it will look just like new and still run.

this the reason why technics is no longer running the 1200 line cos of the durability of them.

I also heard panasonic is thinking of coming out with a digital deck again.

Boomcie
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I use TTX's with pure vinyl and I don't have any problems

Hausgeist
05-01-2012, 06:36 PM
He already got his decks. Not interested in the impending shitstorm.

http://i48.tinypic.com/nz1s40.gif