PDA

View Full Version : Sideways Pics...???

Dix
02-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Posted in Site Discussion because it relates to this site but also relates to any site.

Pictures that post sideways or upside down here, even when they are "right side up" in the file, in editors, MS Picture viewer etc.

In post 15 in this thread,
http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?54871-Mobile-Jocks-The-Official-quot-What-Gig-Do-You-Have-This-Weekend-quot-Thread
I posted a pic & as stated above, its correct everywhere but here. Even when uploaded in the DJF vBulletin uploader, its correct but it posts sideways when inserted into the post. :confused: :argh: :banghead: :madbanana:

If it is uploaded & is in the uploader, right side up... why would it post sideways when inserted in the post???

WHY???

Any way to rotate this pic once in the post??? :blank:

Baller95
02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q2cEUKj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a6SPOZH.jpg

I uploaded that using Imgur. What did you use before using the forum upload?

Dix
02-12-2017, 08:48 PM
It's on my computer. I just uploaded it from my computer.

Thanks Baller but, its the two in post 15 in the link posted in my OP in this thread.

I guess I need to get me an account at one of those sites so I can do all this magic you teenagers do around here. :P

Baller95
02-13-2017, 07:40 AM
It's on my computer. I just uploaded it from my computer.

Thanks Baller but, its the two in post 15 in the link posted in my OP in this thread.

I guess I need to get me an account at one of those sites so I can do all this magic you teenagers do around here. :P

There, I've added the two pics! You don't need an account for Imgur. Simply choose the image you want to upload and then they'll give you the BB Code link that you can copy and paste here. :tup:

Dix
02-13-2017, 08:08 AM
See, that's why I keep you guys around :)

Thanks for the info... Rep applied.

I'll keep that link handy to use in the future.

Dix
02-13-2017, 08:17 AM
So, if I use this site, any file I use the site for, the pic stays there for others to see/use? So, if I have pics that I do NOT want to share publicly, I should NOT use this site? If I do NOT want others to use a file, I should not use this site.

My question is, are the pics that I use this site for, whether I am registered or not, are they stored on the site... yes or no?

After further research:

Accounts[edit]
On January 9, 2010, Alan Schaaf introduced Imgur accounts, which allow users to create custom image galleries and manage their images. Accounts allow full image management including editing, deletion, album creation and embedding, and the ability to comment on viral images and submit to the public gallery.[22] Gallery profiles give the user the ability to view their past public activity.[23] If an account has more than 225 images, only the most recently uploaded 225 are displayed in their profile. Paid pro accounts were created in 2010 to remove these limitations and allows infinite image storage, as well as increased upload limits.[24]

Images[edit]
Imgur used to have a policy to keep images unless they went three months without receiving any views, at which point (unless they were Pro account images) they might be removed in response to space needs.[25] In early 2015 it was announced all images will be kept forever (even if not added from a Pro account) and only removed if deletion is requested.[26]

Rek_Aviles
02-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Dix - you uploaded the pic directly to this site right? There may be a setting that auto rotates the images when using that plugin.

I edited your post to see if removing "=CONFIG" would remove the orientation but it made no difference. There must be an option in the plugin that is forcing this.

Rek_Aviles
02-13-2017, 09:46 AM
I looked through through the vbullettin forums and it seems to be a known bug but the fix either hasn't been added or the version we're on (4.2.0?) doesn't include the fix.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=303428

I found a hack someone created and it seems to have fixed the issue for a few sites and the plugin is for version 4.x.x, so it could work here. I'll send the link to Ken to have a look. Of course, the easier fix would just be not to use the image/file uploader. I doubt most ppl here use it anyways - maybe disable it?

KLH
02-13-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't have the ability to add modules yet. I'm working on it though... so hopefully soon we'll be able to do this.

I'm more inclined to disable attachments as linking/tagging works more like we expect.

Rek_Aviles
02-13-2017, 10:22 AM
yup, that's probably the best solution for now.

KLH
02-13-2017, 10:26 AM
I've looked into this and it appears that DJF limits pic attachments to 620x280. I would assume that those definitions force all pics to be landscape - which is what we're seeing.

Rek_Aviles
02-13-2017, 10:37 AM
That would make sense.

Hopefully there's a resize image feature you can turn off or increase the size in the attachment manager.

KLH
02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
I think that Dix is playing around with the Attachment Manager. There doesn't seem to be any limits on JPGs right now, :lol:. I didn't see any settings for resizing but I'll let Dix play in there for now as we don't need multiple cooks in the kitchen.

Baller95
02-18-2017, 12:06 PM
See, that's why I keep you guys around :)

Thanks for the info... Rep applied.

I'll keep that link handy to use in the future.
Haha no problem! :tup:

So, if I use this site, any file I use the site for, the pic stays there for others to see/use? So, if I have pics that I do NOT want to share publicly, I should NOT use this site? If I do NOT want others to use a file, I should not use this site.

My question is, are the pics that I use this site for, whether I am registered or not, are they stored on the site... yes or no?

After further research:
Sorry for the late response but yeah if you want files to be private I believe you have to create an account.

KLH
02-18-2017, 02:21 PM
While you can set any hoster to keep something private, other people can share it after seeing it... which sets it free to the public.

The Web is forever. If you don't want anything lasting forever, seriously, do NOT put it on service associated with the Web.

In reference to Imgur, yes, they are.