PDA

View Full Version : Stereo mix issue for dj controller with built in soundcard

ProBass
01-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have dj controller which is reloop beatmix 4 mk2(Using Serato) and i would like to play online my sets on live broadcasting websites.
My issue is that i couldn't find a way to apply the stereo mix for my dj controller. I can't send audio signals through stereo mix option even though i chose the controller in the options(I'm using windows 10), it simply doesnt work i believe a driver needed for it but there is no driver for the controller's soundcard like we have for realtek high definition audio driver in windows for onboard soundcard.
I remember back in the time when i was using a hercules dj controller i set the output to be from computer soundcard therefore stereo mix could see the signals but hercules controller had an another dj software which is not compatible with my current one now so is there a chance to do this in serato? I couldn't find any option for it so i understand that output is only through the internal soundcard of the set.

Hope there is a solution for my request.
Appreciate any suggestion here.

Hoping to solve the issue here so i can share some of my work here live :)

Thanks in advance!

wavespeech
01-12-2017, 06:24 AM
I'm not familiar with your controller but it's possible it does it's audio processing on it's built in soundcard and does not pass any of this back to the computer, so playing with all the settings in Recording Devices/Stereo Mix/Properties/Listen to this device, won;t make any difference.

A 'messy' option would be a couple of 'Y' phono splitter cables* from your controller, to connect to your amp and to a Phono->3.5mm stereo jack cable to connect back to your computers line in, which would be set as the recording device.

Otherwise, there may be a virtual-cable app available for windows, like an internal loop back but as the controller may do all it's audio processing external I don't know what joy you'd have with this.

*you may not need these if you just want to route the controllers phono outs back into the PC and listen to this input via stereo mix and then plug the PC output into the amp. I have no idea what delays/feedback/latency this setup may create.

rikv
01-12-2017, 11:09 AM
i believe a driver needed for it but there is no driver for the controller's soundcard like we have for realtek high definition audio driver in windows for onboard soundcard.

There is surely a driver for your controller. Did you install it?
If yes...you don't need another driver.
If no...you must install it.
Here is the link, in caseyou don't have it:
http://www.reloop.com/media/custom/upload/Reloop-Reloop_ASIODriver_WIN_1.22_signed.exe
Other downloads here:
http://www.reloop.com/downloadfinder/

RenDnB
01-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Yeah the driver for the controller will ultimately be the "sound card" driver you're seeking. The controller itself is being seen as a USB audio interface. Thats how it works with my DDJ-RB. Now, I don't do live streams and plan to at some point in the future so I'm watching this thread lol.

This article might help provide insight for your problems:

http://djtechtools.com/2012/07/05/getting-started-live-streaming-your-dj-sets/

Assuming your master out goes to a pair of powered speakers, or a stereo receiver, you'll have to find a way to route the audio back into your PC to a line in, that can be selected by your streaming software. I hope this helps.... Looks like this is around the point you're at.

ProBass
01-12-2017, 02:22 PM
I'm not familiar with your controller but it's possible it does it's audio processing on it's built in soundcard and does not pass any of this back to the computer, so playing with all the settings in Recording Devices/Stereo Mix/Properties/Listen to this device, won;t make any difference.

A 'messy' option would be a couple of 'Y' phono splitter cables* from your controller, to connect to your amp and to a Phono->3.5mm stereo jack cable to connect back to your computers line in, which would be set as the recording device.

Otherwise, there may be a virtual-cable app available for windows, like an internal loop back but as the controller may do all it's audio processing external I don't know what joy you'd have with this.

*you may not need these if you just want to route the controllers phono outs back into the PC and listen to this input via stereo mix and then plug the PC output into the amp. I have no idea what delays/feedback/latency this setup may create.

I'm sorry i forgot to mention that i have laptop only :( it has no line in. Only
But good solution though for desktop user!

There is surely a driver for your controller. Did you install it?
If yes...you don't need another driver.
If no...you must install it.
Here is the link, in caseyou don't have it:
http://www.reloop.com/media/custom/upload/Reloop-Reloop_ASIODriver_WIN_1.22_signed.exe
Other downloads here:
http://www.reloop.com/downloadfinder/

I have already downloaded this when i started to use it but it doesn't help to have a stereo mix option for the dj controller in windows recording settings.

Yeah the driver for the controller will ultimately be the "sound card" driver you're seeking. The controller itself is being seen as a USB audio interface. Thats how it works with my DDJ-RB. Now, I don't do live streams and plan to at some point in the future so I'm watching this thread lol.

This article might help provide insight for your problems:

http://djtechtools.com/2012/07/05/getting-started-live-streaming-your-dj-sets/

Assuming your master out goes to a pair of powered speakers, or a stereo receiver, you'll have to find a way to route the audio back into your PC to a line in, that can be selected by your streaming software. I hope this helps.... Looks like this is around the point you're at.

You're right, i need to find a way back to my pc but i have laptop so no line in :(

Worst part is that i discovered if i choose another playback device default rather than the dj controller, Serato doesn't see my dj controller so it doesn't see the decks of my set :D so even if i get an external usb soundcard and connect to my laptop to have a line in option, i can't use it because i can't choose it default playback device so that i can choose the same for stereo mix option ---> listen default playback.

I think there is no way to do this with my current setup :(

ProBass
05-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Hello Everyone,

I solved the issue but not with my laptop that my dj controller is connected, it was not possible with the equipment and program i have so i decided to split the sound output of the dj controller into 2 channel. One of them goes to my sound system and the other one goes to another laptop where i do the broadcasting. Since my other laptop hasn't got line in or mic in i bought a cheap usb soundcard which has mic input so i connected one of the channel there.
There was no decrease of sound quality in this method so if you ever face an issue like i have, simply get another laptop or computer and usb soundcard for broadcasting live.