PDA

View Full Version : Equipment help!?

Creehill
04-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Hey I'm mike. I've been spinning for just about a year now and am looking to get a new controller. Any suggestions on what I should look for?

Current controller... Numark idj3. Yeah I know it's shitty but it was a start

Soundcloud @ Creehill

MeowMix
04-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey I'm mike. I've been spinning for just about a year now and am looking to get a new controller. Any suggestions on what I should look for?

Current controller... Numark idj3. Yeah I know it's shitty but it was a start

Soundcloud @ Creehill

Have you already picked your software?

Always pick the software before the controller.

Also, budget? Genre of music you play? What you intend to do with it (scratch or just mix)?

Gjhowe1
04-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Personalty I would say get a controller that's going to integrate well with your choice of software. I find its more fun when all the buttons just "work" with the software. Next pick a controller that feels good to use, where you like the layout and its comfortable to move around on. Once you have that then save up enough money to get it :P

We can recommend controllers till the cows come home, but if you don't like it, your not going to use it. Best thing is go demo some and see what you like. Just my 2 cents.

Post up your budget and requirements and we can suggest some to go test out.

Creehill
04-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I guess a thousand bucks would be a budget. Right now I'm running the virtual dj that came with my current controller (numark idj3) ( and yes I know it's pathetic) but we gotta dart somewhere. As for what program I would like to run. I wanna get away from vdj. And try and switch to traktor

Creehill
04-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Here's a link to my latest mix

http://soundcloud.com/cr33hill16/march-mix-remake-creehill

KLH
04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
For Traktor, check out the S2 and S4.

-KLH

Creehill
04-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Any thoughts on the denom dn mc6000? Aside from most likely having to upgrade to traktor pro 2

KLH
04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
^ The Denon MC6000 seems to be a great controller/mixer, but it doesn't support DVS without having an external interface. When you add that to the fact that the S2/S4 includes TP2, I can't figure out why people want the MC6000... unless you want a true mixer.

-KLH

Creehill
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
That's a good point. I wouldn't be using it a a pure mixer tho I will be usin it as a straight up controller.

djdran
04-11-2012, 03:59 PM
the numark ns6 is good.. if you want scratching and stick to controllers then the Numark ns7 is awesome... i have both...

i have Ns7 for my bedroom turntables and myNS6 for my mobile gigs...

i also have a pair of technic 1200 + ttm56 mixer for when i need a setup at a club (i actually bring my NS7 sometimes to the club)

personally the NS7FX is my fav setup to use =)

KLH
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
the numark ns6 is good.. if you want scratching and stick to controllers then the Numark ns7 is awesome...
+1. The NS6 and NS7 are both fantastic products. NS6 is the ITCH version of the MC6000 and basically has the same DVS challenge EXCEPT the NS6 comes with ITCH. IMHO ITCH's flexible beat-grids make ITCH more powerful than Traktor by itself, BUT the since Traktor can be used by a controller AND TTs/CDJs, I give Traktor the edge.

As for scratching, only TTs beat the NS7, IMHO. The NS7FX is (again, IMHO) by far the best "natural feeling" controller made. It is a pure joy to use. I still miss it... and it's been over a year.

-KLH

DjAaron
04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
^ The Denon MC6000 seems to be a great controller/mixer, but it doesn't support DVS without having an external interface. When you add that to the fact that the S2/S4 includes TP2, I can't figure out why people want the MC6000... unless you want a true mixer.

-KLH

I got my MC6000 because I like the size of it and it's a all metal case. I also had TP2 before I bought it anyways lol I also wanted a stand alone mixer in case my laptop fails on me. I can then throw on my ipod with a mix on it until the laptop starts up again. Plus I don't need DVS lol

But yeah for price point if you want TP2 and a controller the S4 wins.