PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer launches the HDJ-1500 – Professional DJ headphones

alen_p
04-10-2012, 07:21 AM
http://pioneerdj.com/index_f.html#/en/products/hdj1500/more

Key features of the HDJ-1500:
1. Superb sound quality
With high-quality components, the HDJ-1500s deliver perfectly balanced sound across all frequencies. The headphones feature copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils, large 50 mm driver units, rare earth magnets and 38μm-thick diaphragms, guaranteeing accurate reproduction of deep base notes and clear delivery of other low to medium frequencies, such as kicks and snares. Output levels are 1 dB greater than Pioneer's HDJ-1000 headphones, and a lower impedance offers even greater sensitivity, so DJs get pristine sound reproduction every time, regardless of what device the HDJ-1500s are hooked up to.
2. Groundbreaking soundproofing component
Monitoring tracks on a heaving dance floor is a breeze with the HDJ-1500s, no matter how rowdy the party gets. Sound insulation around low and medium frequencies (300 Hz to 1,300 Hz) has improved by an impressive 4 dB compared to the HDJ-1000s thanks to the innovative sound-isolation chamber on the bass reflex port, which eliminates background noise.
3. Durable design for professional use
The HDJ-1500s' moving headband and hinges are composed of rugged yet lightweight magnesium alloy to withstand the rigors of professional use. Plus, the single-sided cable can be easily replaced if it gets damaged, further prolonging the life of the headphones.
4. Supreme comfort with interchangeable urethane foam ear pads
The narrow ear cup design creates a tight seal on your ear to block out external sound, while the low-resilience urethane memory foam ear pads make sure the HDJ-1500s are easy on the ears even during prolonged use. The included ear pads can be replaced with the HDJ-EP01s –open-cup protein leather ear pads which sit around the ears and are sold separately –so DJs can choose the best option to suit their comfort and listening style.
5. Available in two colors: chrome black and deep silver
DJs can coordinate their headphones with the club, the studio, their kit, their set, their clothes or even their mood as the HDJ-1500s come in two striking colors¬–classy chrome black and sleek deep silver.
6. Included accessories
The compact carrying pouch means the headphones can be safely transported to the club or the studio in style. The HDJ-1500s also fit perfectly in the slim and lightweight HDJ-HC01 carrying case. Accessories such as USB memory sticks and SD cards can be stored in specially designated pockets within the carrying cases for added convenience.

Main specifications – HDJ-1500:
Description: Enclosed dynamic stereo headphones
Impedance: 32 Ω
Sensitivity: 108 dB
Frequency range: 5 Hz to 30,000 Hz
Maximum input: 3,500 mW
Drive units: φ50 mm domes
Cable length: 1.2 m single-sided coiled cable (approximately 3.0 m when extended-removable type)
Plug: 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack (gold-plated, two-way, screw type)
Ear pads: Polyurethane (leather type)
Weight: 285 g (excluding cable)
Included accessories: 6.3 mm dia. 3P plug adapter (gold-plated, screw type) and carrying pouch

B.Frank
04-10-2012, 02:52 PM
The black finish looks pretty slick.

OONS
04-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Ya I like black as well. Any word on release date?

Lazerick
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
looks like my next pair :D

Phil Noize
04-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Mmmm, liking these a lot!

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm curious about their price,and how they compare in quality to the HDJ-2000.:confused:

Liam
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm curious about their price,and how they compare in quality to the HDJ-2000.:confused:

They are supposed to be roughly £149. I dunno how they will compare to the 2000's. I'm considering picking up a pair.

alen_p
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Comparing the specs you can see that HDJ-1500 have a bit lower impedance and higher sensitivity...MSRP for HDJ 1500 is $209, and retail I found so far is $179 whenever they came out.

Hope this helps.

alen_p

DennisBdrmDJ 2.0
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Comparing the specs you can see that HDJ-1500 have a bit lower impedance and higher sensitivity...MSRP for HDJ 1500 is $209, and retail I found so far is $179 whenever they came out.

Hope this helps.

alen_pthanks Alen_p (+1)...I didn't think about comparing specs.but,I was speaking of overall quality(in hand),not what's we are told on paper....I have found the HDJ-2000 for $230.that's only $50 more than the retail price,you found on the 1500.I might as well go high-end.:shrug:

alen_p
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm considering buying a pair of black ones for home use just so I don't have to pack/unpack my road warriors (currently those consist of HDJ-2000 and "custom one cup" HDJ-1000). When I get them (probably in May/June) I will try to put together a little review on the overall feel.

alen_p