PDA

View Full Version : Ns6 just arrived help.....

jase125
04-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Hi guys just got my ns6 happy with it so far! Got a problem tho, when ive got a song playing on deck A & deck B if the fader is on deck A playing i move the fader to B its Still playing deck A when the faders all the way on deck b? Also while i was just having a little play earlier i scratched a bit on deck b and it as a bit slow at reacting? its not my laptop cus i ran my traktor s4 on here before and it was good.

MeowMix
04-10-2012, 08:31 AM
The scratching could be a latency issue dependent on audio drivers.
The fader issue, i havent used itch or ns6 but my guess is that you have to assign the channels. Seems you have deck A assign to both crossfader side A and side B.

jase125
04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Would you know how to solve these problems?

DjAaron
04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Check the manual on how to assign the channels to which side of the fader. Also look on the front of it and see if there is switches to select which side it goes to. Also you should be able to adjust the latency on the deck. On my Denon MC6000 I can adjust the latency to be more touchy or less. I just find a good spot on it that is decent and my laptop can handle.

jase125
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
sorted the fader out latency is being bit of a pain

DjAaron
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
sorted the fader out latency is being bit of a pain

Does it show in the manual that it is adjustable?

jase125
04-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Not in the manual but on the settings on itch you can i had a play got it bit better but sometimes when you scratch its slow at reacting then you get crackles etc ?

DjAaron
04-10-2012, 11:36 AM
With my laptop if I put the latency to low I will get crackles in the music. Is your laptop optimized for the NS6 and up to the recommended specs for it?

MeowMix
04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Latency is more often than not a laptop related issue.

jase125
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't think it is the laptop it's a aser high spec one I had it on my s4 was fine I may whipe everything off I don't need and use and go from there. Searto itch arnt sending me the download link to the newest update 2.2! Pain in the ass!

MeowMix
04-10-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't think it is the laptop it's a aser high spec one I had it on my s4 was fine I may whipe everything off I don't need and use and go from there. Searto itch arnt sending me the download link to the newest update 2.2! Pain in the ass!

Could be driver conflict issues or something else like that. Read up on troubleshooting and ask questions on the Itch/NS6 forums.

djdran
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Searto itch arnt sending me the download link to the newest update 2.2! Pain in the ass!

sounds like a latency issue.. do the following steps

download Serato ITCH 2.2 from the website
download proper drivers from numark website

- uninstalled your current version of ITCH
- Reboot
- Uninstall the drivers using the Numark driver install .exe file
- Reboot
- Install latest version of ITCH 2.2
- Reboot
- start playing with your NS6

Remember you need to calibrate your NS6 each time you turn it on... i think you can find out how to calibrate it on the numark website..

if your still having issues, try playing with the USB latency... lower the latency, the more taxing it is on your computer.. so raise the latency if your still having issues till they go away.