PDA

View Full Version : Create your own breakdowns and build ups

DJ STU-C
04-10-2012, 05:29 AM
so what im looking to do is break one track down into a harmony or white/filter noise, then build in the next track, maybe with an accapella incorporated. i can do the down and up bits fine its the harmony bit im struggling with. can i achieve the noise required during transition purely with effects or do i need to find a track or dj tool that just contains white noise or breakdown harmony??? and if so where can i find one or can anybody recommend one (preferably downloadable as im using serato these days, but will accept buying vinyl)

p.s. ive tried doing it with just an accapella playing and it can sound a little flat so some kind of background noise would make it much better

chrisfornow
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Do you mean like using a filter? Try breaking down the first track using your low-pass or high-pass filter and then playing the accapella over the filtered track. :)

Phi
04-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Are you just using the effects in serato, or do you have an FX processor?

Yeah, breakdowns and buildups can be done entirely with effects, but it helps to know what you have, and maybe an audio sample of the type of "harmony" you're referring to.

Have you tried applying an echo and/or reverb until the sound builds up into that "white noise", then activating a signal "freeze" and either letting it die out, or slowly low-pass filtering the "frozen" signal until it becomes a muffled "throbbing" background rhythm?

The harmony bit I'd need more info on. Do you mean just some atmospheric background stuff to meld into and out of? I would just make my own in a DAW and run it as seperate track or sample.

DJ STU-C
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I play jackin house and like to use some accapellas mainly old skool stuff. I quite like building my sets into the fairly driving funky stuff, similar to sneak and Derrick carter. the noise I am thinking of is kind of that whirly hissing noise, I'm not too keen on the space age noises as such they can be a bit much. my equipment is serato and a djm800, I'm open to using either for the effects etc. I've tried all the techniques with echoing into a low pass filter sound but I'd like to completely drop the track out and have a kind of atmospheric noise that I can bring the next track in from either a high or low pass sound eventually echoing then dropping the beat in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phi
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
As I'm not at all familiar with those artists, or genre, a link to a youtube vid with the ˝whirly hissing noise" time marker noted would be suuuuuper helpful.

Right now I think ˝whirly hissing noise" describes an iceverb style frozen signal with a hp-filter.

RDRCK
04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
http://whitenoisemp3s.com/free-white-noise

There ya go ;)

DJ STU-C
04-12-2012, 08:24 AM
http://whitenoisemp3s.com/free-white-noise

There ya go ;)

brilliant, exactly what im looking for mate, and the 1.30 mins long demo is more than enough:) gonna download the ones i like and use them to my hearts content