PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 Club Mix

djnotapplicable
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

I made this mainstream, club, dance mix a couple weeks ago. It was my first time mixing this genre of music and I really want to get some advice from people who know what they are talking about. My friends say it sounds good, but they are my friends. lol
Have a listen and let me know if it's good, if it sucks, what did I do right/wrong, how can I improve my future mixes? I am new to DJing so any criticism is welcomed and much appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/djnotapplicable/party-club-mixx

Thanks!
DjNotApplicable

paulash69
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey Everyone,

I made this mainstream, club, dance mix a couple weeks ago. It was my first time mixing this genre of music and I really want to get some advice from people who know what they are talking about. My friends say it sounds good, but they are my friends. lol
Have a listen and let me know if it's good, if it sucks, what did I do right/wrong, how can I improve my future mixes? I am new to DJing so any criticism is welcomed and much appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/djnotapplicable/party-club-mixx

Thanks!
DjNotApplicable

Hi
Posting up a tracklist should help you out here, especially as you have posted one on the SoundCloud link.
Here it is anyway

Tracklist:
DJ Drop a Bass - Kristian Tuska ft. Pitbull
Shooting Star (Party Rock Remix) - David Rush ft. LMFAO
Can't Get Enough - J. Cole
Rain Over Me - Pitbull ft. Mark Anthony
Turbulence - Steve Aoki and Laidback Luke ft. Lil Jon
Smash The Club - Lil Jon, Pitbull, Clinton Sparks, Kardinal Offishall

djnotapplicable
02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey thanks a lot! It didn't even cross my mind to put a tracklist in the thread :freak:. lol

Gnozis
02-06-2012, 10:42 PM
What's up brah, I'll give it a listen in a few and leave some feedback

Gnozis
02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Just finished listening. When you said you were a beginner I was not expecting your phrase matching to be there, but it was actually nice. You have the basics down for sure. If I was you, I would start looking more into harmonic mixing and switching up your transitions.

djnotapplicable
02-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Thank you Gnozis,

I really appreciate the encouragement! I would have to agree with you on the transitions. I found it difficult mixing this genre after being used to mixing electro, house, edm, etc. But I will take your advice and keep working on getting the harmonic mixing down.