PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DDJSX2 StartUp Issue/Question

Suprarick
10-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Hey guys,

I just bought and tried out a Pioneer DDJSX2 yesterday. I updated the firmware and I'm using a macbook pro. I usually use a DJM S9 mixer with turntables and I never have any weird issues. There is a weird issue when I connect my DDJSX2 to my macbook pro and open up Serato DJ.

At the bottom of Serato it says..."DDJSX2 2IN2OUT hardware connecting. This can take up to a minute."
It will show the two decks... then the two decks will disappear for a few seconds (which scares me)...then the two decks will appear again. Does this happen to anyone else? I never get that hardware message and never have experienced the two decks on the screen going away and then coming back again.

Thanks.

djknowledge
10-27-2016, 03:37 PM
does it ever repeat that after its fully loaded? serato has flickered like that for me upon startup but never had an issue once it had finished loading up.

Suprarick
10-27-2016, 03:52 PM
It only repeats once after starting up. I played a four hour gig last night no problems. But like I said, the two decks will come on... then will come off... then come on again and will stay on. I just worry one day the decks won't come on that second time.

I never had this issue before with the SX1 nor the S9 Mixer

Suprarick
10-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Ok so I narrowed down the issue. My controller seems to work fine ONLY if I restart Serato and open it back up after a second time. It will work fine if I open Serato once, exit it, then open Serato again.

I've tested it already with a different controller (same model), and the issue is the same so I know it's not my controller. Thanks!