PDA

View Full Version : XDJ 1000, DJ tech dj rec problems

Dj Mowgli
10-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Hi can anybody work this out?
Ive got DJ tech dj rec unit to record my mixes but when my XDJ 1000s are plugged in to my mac via USB using rekord box DJ , it wont record but if i mix using pen drives with out plugging the decks via laptop it records.

Any ideas??? Its driving me mad :mad:

pete
10-25-2016, 04:07 PM
which mixer are you using?
ah I see you're using the A&H mixer. just use the record output from the mixer and you should be good to go

Dj Mowgli
10-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Hi Pete
Trust i've tried every way possible, If i plug mixer in too mac and use aducity it only records one channel and i have changed settings downloaded the driver from A&H but nothing seems to work, To be honest its proper getting on my nerves, Or is it a sign that other people dont need to hear my mixes lol

Even emailed A&H but no reply

pete
10-25-2016, 04:44 PM
No, I really want to hear your mixes. Only....I'm deaf. I want to hear anything :lol:

When you are talking about plugging all this stuff into your Mac, may I ask why?

I would guess the setup you should use is to have the XDJs plugged into the Mac for access to recordbox, then plug the RCA outputs of the XDJs to the inputs of the mixer via RCA, then have the RCA recording output of the mixer plug into the DJ Tech recorder - for it to record your MP3 mix onto a USB stick.

I am thinking you are plugging all your equipment into your Mac via USB and hoping the Mac will manage it all so every piece functions together in hamony to record your mixes.
If you are plugged into the Mac via RCA and getting one channel then it could be the mixer, the mixer output for recording or the setup of audacity.

Think about your signal chain logically and what you want to achieve here: Everything plugged into the Mac (probably need some driver jujitsu to get it to play well together), or run things through the mixer in the old-school way and play to the strengths of the equipment you have.
If however you think you have a faulty piece of equipment trace it back down the chain and test it along the way to identify exactly where the issue is created.

Dj Mowgli
10-28-2016, 12:58 PM
ive fixed it :D with all plugged in to mac as well. The problem was i MIDI settings on xdj 1000 changed:
Player 1 to MIDI 5
Player 2 to MIDI 6

So all recording on 2 channels

But i have another problem, after about 5 songs it comes out of SYNC, Any ideas?? And SYNC hatters don't waste your time typing as i can DJ either way lol