PDA

View Full Version : Al's Wharfedale Titan 12D video review

Al Poulin
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Hey guys,

My dealer let me take out the new Titan 12D for a spin, so I had a chance to compare it to my Titan 12A and other powered speakers... The video is a little boring visually, but the information and my opinions are there - so hope you enjoy! Feel free if you have any questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7HC32d1TE&feature=channel

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

Unknown DJ
04-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Great review. I going to take a guess and say the D stands for D class amp. You should think about setting up a website or blog for all your reviews. I wonder how a Bose LS1 speaker compares to any of the speakers you own.

Gjhowe1
04-10-2012, 07:57 PM
You should think about setting up a website or blog for all your reviews.

+1 for "AL's wall of powered speakers" blog. I'd read it.

bumpyjonas
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Great Review Al

Al Poulin
04-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Great review. I going to take a guess and say the D stands for D class amp. You should think about setting up a website or blog for all your reviews. I wonder how a Bose LS1 speaker compares to any of the speakers you own.

The D is indeed to represent the all class D amplification. As you see in the video, there is no outside heatsink on the 12D and it is actually about 2lbs lighter than the 12A - which was just under 30lbs.

The Bose L1 (and similar Bose systems) are somewhat different from typical powered speakers. They have a different look and dispersion pattern that may be good in certain situations, but not so good in others. They are also unbelievably expensive with very few specs or graphs available for comparison. Due to the fact that Bose spends so much on advertising and has always had sneaky/shady/deceptive sales methods - I prefer to stay away from their products completely...

Al

Al Poulin
04-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your support Gjhowe1 and bumpyjonas. I appreciate it!

Al