PDA

View Full Version : New to florida

BoonDoc
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Whats goin on y'all I'm originally from Lowell mass an recently relocated to central fl right in between orlando and Daytona i love the crowds down here an the amount of styles that are accepted but need a lil bit of help on the what clubs are going to give someone with an electro hiphop, dubstep, strip club background a chance clubs bars anything would be helpful i don't know anyone but my family down here

Wakka
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Welcome to florida man, I just moved down here too. I havent really had tons of time to go lookin for spots to spin at but there are a million strip clubs in tampa if thats your dig. And one hiphop club i can think of in tampa is The Kennedy (At least on fridays its hiphop) I havent found anywhere in tampa yet for EDM. If you ever want to have a jam session or something I am down for such things as i dont know many people here yet, and chillin with another dj is always fun. :-D

BoonDoc
04-14-2012, 05:39 PM
thanks man i love it down here I'm on the east coast an iv already had a shit ton of job offers at different strip joints but they have all been rock based demographic don't get me wrong i love the environment and i only date strippers but being a performance DJ/Producer on the idea of like deadmou5 or skrillex its kinda boring sitting behind glass not being able to do what we do best ya know

Minksy
04-15-2012, 12:12 AM
I've caught more amazing acts at the Hyde Park Cafe and The Kennedy than I can count. The amount of talent SOHO Leisure Group brings to town is remarkable. You just have to keep your ears and eyes open.

It sounds like you're more into a mainstream sound. For that, Check out Jackson's Bistro and the Amphitheater, along with countless other clubs in Ybor city. There is a huge EDM base in Tampa if you're willing to look for it.

BoonDoc
04-15-2012, 07:38 PM
I was using those names more of an example than a description of myself but all it really comes down to for me is having fun an making the crowd go bat shit crazy. DJing doesn't feel like work to me an thats the way i like it don't get me wrong i put long hours in to perfecting what i do but i enjoy it an in a strip club type venue or a club that caters to one type of musical demographic ware your told what kind of music to play what not to play isn't DJing to me if you know what i mean

BoonDoc
04-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome to florida man, I just moved down here too. I havent really had tons of time to go lookin for spots to spin at but there are a million strip clubs in tampa if thats your dig. And one hiphop club i can think of in tampa is The Kennedy (At least on fridays its hiphop) I havent found anywhere in tampa yet for EDM. If you ever want to have a jam session or something I am down for such things as i dont know many people here yet, and chillin with another dj is always fun. :-D

im in the middle of upgrading an revamping my whole setup an hopefully ill have all my new gear in a couple more weeks as soon as i do an finish moving in to my new house ill get at ya

Alan.E
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Downtown Orlando has Ignition Thursdays at Firestone Live. It's super heavy on EDM... Electro/dubstep. Pretty much all of the clubs in downtown Orlando have at least one EDM night. Perhaps worth looking into?