PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet slimpar 56 vs. Blizzard puck led

axilleas1
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
For up lighting purposes, which one would you choose and why. Thanks in advance.

SummitAudioDJ
04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I would choose the Puck since

A - It has all metal construction

B - It has more LED's

C - It has more convenient input panel on the side rather than on the bottom.

For a few dollars more I would look into some sort ot TRI LED fixture like the ADJ MEGA TRI PAR PROFILE for $135ea at IDjNow.

http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=MEGATRIPARPROFILE

If price is not an issue there are a bunch of Blizzard dealers on the forum that will sell you the Q6a/w or Q12a/w at good prices but will still start out around double the cost of the fixtures you originally listed.

BillESC
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
The Puck because it is so much brighter and with the offset plug panel, you can lay it flat on the floor. As noted above there are Tri units available and now also quad diode fixtures. Depending upon budget, even Blizzard's Puck RGBAW merits consideration because of the expanded color palette.

It will come down to your average venue size and budget.

Synaxis
04-09-2012, 11:15 PM
I think Summit and Bill covered everything.

Blizzard did a really great job when it came to uplighting.

They completely crippled Chauvet and ADJ sales with their Pucks. Well, maybe not crippled, but Blizzard did some damage alright.

axilleas1
04-11-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm considering the Blizzard unplugged puck for simplicity and convenience sake. What can you guys tell me about those. Also, best price and from where. Thanks again.

BillESC
04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
My pricing is too low to post in public.