PDA

View Full Version : Short Video of our Video Facade

DJ Donnie Lewis
04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Showing our fireplace video

Playing with color mixing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB65pLfeHP4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSeD8ofKFg&feature=youtu.be

LMK what you think. My photographer was there but I havent received his pics you. This was recorded with a cracked Iphone.

Sween
04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
It's on fire!

Shay.ca
04-09-2012, 08:15 AM
It's on fire!

x2!, looks good

spicaly
04-09-2012, 09:41 AM
thats pretty cool... projector mounted behind the facade?

DJ Scotch
04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Call 911 call 911!!!

:worship:

DJ Donnie Lewis
04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Yea it's mounted under my table.

Synaxis
04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Beautiful! Simply amazing!

This is exactly what I had in mind when I plan to build my own facade, although since I probably can't afford a decent projector right now, I would have used some color changing gobos or something.

Can I ask you a question about your facade? The single large panel you have in the front, I want to build something similar, just maybe not as large as yours. How difficult is it to transport? I'm assuming you have a van or trailer since you have trussing as well, but for me, my facade would probably be the most difficult object to transport in a smaller car, if it were to be 4 by 4 feet. Is yours simply one full piece or does it fold up somehow? Just the front panel.

And are you using plexiglass or lyrica?

+Rep!

DJ Donnie Lewis
04-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Beautiful! Simply amazing!

This is exactly what I had in mind when I plan to build my own facade, although since I probably can't afford a decent projector right now, I would have used some color changing gobos or something.

Can I ask you a question about your facade? The single large panel you have in the front, I want to build something similar, just maybe not as large as yours. How difficult is it to transport? I'm assuming you have a van or trailer since you have trussing as well, but for me, my facade would probably be the most difficult object to transport in a smaller car, if it were to be 4 by 4 feet. Is yours simply one full piece or does it fold up somehow? Just the front panel.

And are you using plexiglass or lyrica?

+Rep!

Thank You!

It will be very hard to transport the large panel in a car. Its a 6'x4' panel alone. I use lycra so I can get the effect, the plexi wont be as clear. Another point to address is the fact that the projector is I believe 4000 lumens, I dont remember without looking at the box and that its a short throw HD projector. If attempting this with a standard projector you will NOT be able to get it to work. It will need to be too far away.

Also when the panel was built they added 4 metal poles into the wood to address any unstability.

RodneyL
04-10-2012, 07:19 AM
+ rep. Very innovative. i could see this doing very well at a birthday part or teen dance if you played the music music videos.

DJ Donnie Lewis
04-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Along with the kinect hooked up for trade shows...