PDA

View Full Version : hot ass free techno!

moyo wilde
04-09-2012, 04:54 AM
okay i am not a tech head, but i had been looking for some tech type stuff, to fill out my "crate". what do you know yesterday while scouring i stumbled upon this gem. all high quality files and free! like i said i am not a tech head so you might laugh at my taste but i took one of each. and no this isn't my label or whatever, just thought i would hook ya'll up.

http://soundcloud.com/gong-recs/sets

http://soundcloud.com/gong-recs/gong-03-maxi-ep-b1-heavy-state

moyo wilde
04-10-2012, 10:58 PM
man 20 something views no comments?:uhoh:

does the music suck? i have no idea really cause i am not a tech head at all, but i would like to know what you guys think of my taste, thinking about putting together a tech mix. any pointers. did you pick up any songs off the link, if so what songs?

i thought this was a good first post?

chatterbox
04-11-2012, 07:16 AM
I am gonna listen to the them now!!!! I'll let you know. I love my techno.

chatterbox
04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Stereo fall GAT3R (Canada)stands out for me as something id buy .the other 3 on the gong 07 release have too much going on at times but the overall standard is high.
On the Dr Soul Compilation Gong05 B1 emotional disaster is excellent. Im not gonna continue reviewing theres too many . All in all those are some really good tunes on there ,im gonna download what i like. Thanks for posting this link:D

moyo wilde
04-11-2012, 09:27 AM
thanks i was wondering what people thought of them. this is actually my first go round with techno, so i was wondering how my taste was. been looking in the hot/bomb tech thread not bad. guess it is another genre i gotta learn.

mixed with these today, man techno is a demanding ass genre. like you have to be extra tight with your mixes. cause there isn't that much there and slight drift stands out like a mug. and your eqing has to be on point to make it sound like one continous track. figure messing with this will help make me a better dj. got some work to do.

chatterbox
04-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Check out DJ Dave Clarke if you love heavy techno (I'd call it). Ive seen him live in clubs and festivals. And I love his mix sets and radio show . Check him out for technique and style. Check out Ben Klock and Adam Beyer mixes and videos too.

moyo wilde
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
thanks for the tips will def check them out.

moyo wilde
04-13-2012, 02:53 AM
been messing around with the tracks, finally decided maybe mixing on dvs with turntables wasn't the best idea. i like my eqing for the most part but there was too much drift for my taste. try it with CDs in a sec.