PDA

View Full Version : newbie- uptempo remixes without acapella sounding so fast?

unknown00
04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
so as i'm learning more about production, i want to try to remix some top 40/hip hop in the 80-100bpm range to around the typical 128bpm. using ableton. so i have produced beats that are lets say 128bpm and i have a top 40 track lets say 95bpm. if i have both warped to their respective tempo and set the master tempo to 128bpm, the acapella just sounds too quick. an example of good uptempo remixes that i would like to do would be dj mike d here (http://soundcloud.com/djmiked)

any suggestions?

kidj fresh
04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
From what you explained, try bringing the vocal from 95 bpm to 64, instead of bringing it up to 128. of course you'll get some distortion being that you moving the vocal away from its natural state..

some vocals work when their are sped up, some work better slowed down, especially hip hop/rap, I would rather slow it down to match my 128 bpm track then to speed it up to where it sounds like who could sing the song fastest.

Try and find songs that are close to 128 in your case, 50-70 bpm, or 120-140 bpm.. Hope that helped, good luck man.