PDA

View Full Version : Forgetting what you played...???

DjBetta
07-18-2016, 07:12 PM
I know Serato and Traktor both have a feature/tab column that indicates and highlights a song you already played...therefore letting you know not to play it again.

Kind of have a bad memory and not remembering what I already played.

1. Does Rekordbox DJ have a feature like this...???

2. Do any of the CDJ models from Pioneer have this feature in the screen...???

Last time I checked...I don't think Rekordbox has a 'already played' feature...???

If anything...I can always just prepare a 'strict set/playlist' and stick to that in order to avoid playing a repeat song....VS....Freestyle/Open Format where I might slip and potentially play a song twice...right...???

DJ_Ade_76
07-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Why worry about it at all?
If a song is played twice (if it's a big big tune) or whatever, so what? Just don't play it twice in a short timespan, or don't play the big big tune every time your dancefloor starts to become light..
Sometimes people may request a song you've played.. sometimes you'll play in error, don't sweat it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Manu
07-19-2016, 04:31 AM
For gigs I use 2 x 250 CD folders, one full, one empty. That's about 12 days worth of music so more than enough. All my CDs have a reference number, every single track is listed in a book. I flip the book to search and find tracks quickly, and the previously played CD goes in the empty folder.

You could do exactly the same with files, play it then move it in a folder called "previously played". That you can restore afterwards in two clicks. Simple.

Puregroove
07-19-2016, 07:04 PM
Hence why I stopped smoking weed before performing a set.

DjBetta
07-19-2016, 07:25 PM
LOL :teef::P