PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Virtual DJ Home

Jamie D Music
04-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I've just discovered Virtual DJ and am hooked. I'll be upgrading to the pro version soon but in the meantime I'm trying to map controls to my computer keyboard. Can I set seperate controls for each deck such as gain and eq or are there one set of controls and I have to use the select active deck to switch between them? I've also tried to change some simple controls but they don't work on the keyboard. Is the mappers fully functional in the home version?

nolimitz
04-08-2012, 12:03 PM
No, i think you can only do custom mapping with the pro version. I've had the pro version for a while so i don't remember what the home version lets you map, if at all.

Guess you'll have to stick to keyboard and mouse until you get a controller.

I'd suggest the Numark Mixtrack Pro or the Hercules RMX, which i have, to control VDJ.

MeowMix
04-08-2012, 12:45 PM
You cant map VDJ Home, only the Pro version.

djozone
04-09-2012, 12:19 AM
go pro asap its worth it...

Jamie D Music
04-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I suspect you guys had an older trial version before going pro because after spending the whole day I worked how to fully map my keyboard controls. There is also a way to assign controls to the left and right deck by adding the line LEFT DECK or RIGHT DECK before the VDJscript command. It took a while to get used to the script language but I got there in the end.

I will be buying the pro version soon but the computer I will be installing it on cannot be connected to the internet. Can I buy and download the software on to another machine and then install in on my own computer or should I opt for the boxed version instead? Also, I plan on building a dedicated DJ PC over the next 6 - 12 months and will eventaully want to put the software on to it. Can I do this or will I have to buy a new licence for each machine its installed on?

djoddity
04-16-2012, 02:04 AM
Yes, you can copy the installation file you download to any computer and run it there. As far as the licence goes, it allows you to install a main copy and a backup copy (not to be used at the same time) – and as long as you delete other installations, you can move those two copies between computers.