PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! RCA pin stuck in my mixer!

DJWyKeD
04-08-2012, 04:46 AM
I have a Behringer DDM-4000 Mixer and I took my mixer to a club I was DJn at cause theyre mixer broke. Well after the night was over I removed the audio out RCA's and one of the pins stayed stuck inside. Am I going to have to dissasemble the whole thing to get this pin out? I was thinking of using super glue on an allen wrench or something with enough leverage to pull it out. Any other suggestions?

VjQue
04-08-2012, 07:08 PM
post a picture

SummitAudioDJ
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
This happened on one of my mixers before. I used a small needle nose pliar pull it out. The inside of my pin was hollow so it wasn't too hard to get a hold of and pull out.

Liam
04-09-2012, 03:27 AM
This happened on one of my mixers before. I used a small needle nose pliar pull it out. The inside of my pin was hollow so it wasn't too hard to get a hold of and pull out.

Pretty much this. You should be able to grab it no problem, either that or use tweezers.

Unknown DJ
04-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Small drill bit and drill. Drill into the broken piece and pull it out.

Windows 95
04-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Small drill bit and drill. Drill into the broken piece and pull it out.You shouldn't need to drill. The center pin on a male RCA jack is usually already hollow.

B.Frank
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Any luck with it?

punky
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd try some needlenose pliers. And... you know, it shouldn't need to be said, but I will anyway. Unplug fucking EVERYTHING before you do this.

Gronchula
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
You shouldn't need to drill. The center pin on a male RCA jack is usually already hollow.

You're not drilling a hole into it, the twist motion helps the bit enter the hollow area and grabs on, you stop the rotation and pull the pin out with the bit.

jmack953
05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
You're not drilling a hole into it, the twist motion helps the bit enter the hollow area and grabs on, you stop the rotation and pull the pin out with the bit.

I agree. I've had this scenario happen twice in my career. Once it was an old sony cd player, used needlenose to get the pin out then. But there was once where it broke off a little deep, and I did the same thing. Took a drill bit, twisted GENTLY just enough to get the bit to bite it, and pulled right out. The joys of fixing things on the fly has always seemed to haunt me so. Also, I love Punky's comment about unplugging things.. or at least powering off. Drives me nuts when I hear a DJ or band at the local bar and they still have a powered current into a passive speaker or a high line level being run through powered speakers that are still on and they just yank the 1/4 inch out and you hear that nice loud POP! Happy DJing All!