PDA

View Full Version : Denon MCX8000 - First Impression

DJ Riddims
06-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Got to use the unit for a few hours today in standalone mode with a usb stick. It is very glitchy, it stopped working multiple times. The vinyl button that engages the unit for scratching stopped working on one side. The unit at one point stopped working and didn't work even after turning it off and back on again. I had to leave it off for about ten minutes then it started working.

The screen is well implemented and easy to use for finding music. The effects are usable, found my self using the echo for some transitions and it sounded fine. Mixer section is straightforward and not much to speak about. Crossfader is decent and can be used for basic scratches. The platter response left me feeling very dissatisfied with the unit, it does not feel accurate to my hand movements.

Overall, i would stay away from this unit for now. Most of the issues I had with it probably can be fixed with a firmware update.

KLH
06-30-2016, 08:15 PM
^ Sounds like the firmware just needs to be updated. I hope that Denon gets it right sooner rather than later. This unit will be the king of the hill when it's solid.

JamminDownJD
07-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Was the USB stick formatted FAT32?
Otherwise, yeah, it definitely sounds like a firmware issue.

DJMRKE
09-11-2016, 01:41 PM
I've had similar issues. Recieved my unit last week. Spent a good 8+ hours on it with a couple hiccups, but nothing that scared me. Used it at an event last night and it froze up twice. Left me the rest of the night worrying it was going to crash again.

It appears to be the right deck that has the issue. Hit play/pause in it took up to 4 seconds for the track to play. Touch the platter and no response. Screens froze and then serato froze. I've got the latest firmware 2015 loaded mac, response 10ms, turned off lighting midi and all non-essential programs. A $3,500 computer, a $1,299 controller and you would think it should be glitch free. I've learned my lesson.

Windows 95
09-11-2016, 03:31 PM
This unit will be the king of the hill when it's solid.I'd give that title to the Roland DJ-808 if you're talking functionality. And the Pioneer DDJ-SX / DDJ-SX2 if you're talking popularity.