PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet intimidator scan 100

DJ SCOTTY FATS
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Was wondering if anyone here uses the intimidator scan 100's? I'm using them in master slave mode. So I was wondering what the dip switches should be set to on the master and slaves. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Ntertainment
04-07-2012, 11:08 PM
you could set them to the same channel, i'm assuming you are using DMX?

Synaxis
04-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk, but...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chauvet+intimidator+scan+led+100+manual

Let me help anyway: http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products/manuals/Intimidator_Scan_LED_100_Rev01b_UM.pdf

Page 8.

Google is your friend. It took me no more then 10 seconds to find the manual, and the majority of manuals for newer products can be found online today.

DJ SCOTTY FATS
04-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I have the manual thanks anyway. The question is I'm not using a dmx controller. I'm linking them together is slave master mode for sound activation. Do I just put the number 10 dip switch on the master and leave the slaves all off. If I switch on certain dips on the master will it react differently? The manual is very unclear to me.

Synaxis
04-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I know your not using a DMX controller.

Page of of the manual I linked:

Master/Slave Mode (Sound-Active, Auto Mode)

This mode allows a single unit, the master, to operate in one of the standalone modes, while one
or more fixtures, slaves, synchronize their responses to the master.
Master:
The master fixture may be set in any of the STANDALONE modes listed in this user manual.
This must be placed first in the DMX daisy chain.
Slave:
1. Turn off all DIP switches and daisy chain from the output of the master.**

So, According to the manual, the MASTER fixture must be set in any of the standalone modes. The Standalone modes are listed on pages 9 and 10.
You have the Option of either:
2) Automatic
3) Sound Active.

Assuming you want to use sound active mode:

1. Unplug any DMX controller.
2. Turn the microphone sensitivity adjustment knob fully clockwise.
3. If the sensitivity to music is too high, you may rotate the microphone sensitivity adjustment knob
counter-clockwise until the desired level has been reached.

So, turn off all the dip switches on the master fixture, and turn up the sensitivity. That's all. When the sensitivity knob is turned all the way down, the fixture enters the Automatic Mode. When the sensitivity knob is in any other position, it is in Sound Active mode.

You can use the dip switches to adjust the parameters of the built in programs. Look at page 9 for the chart.

The Master Fixture must be first in the chain. The slave units should automatically detect the incoming signal from the master unit.

Hope that clears it up a bit. Good Luck!

DJ SCOTTY FATS
04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Thanks syn, appreciate it buddy!

I know your not using a DMX controller.

Page of of the manual I linked:

So, According to the manual, the MASTER fixture must be set in any of the standalone modes. The Standalone modes are listed on pages 9 and 10.
You have the Option of either:
2) Automatic
3) Sound Active.

Assuming you want to use sound active mode:

So, turn off all the dip switches on the master fixture, and turn up the sensitivity. That's all. When the sensitivity knob is turned all the way down, the fixture enters the Automatic Mode. When the sensitivity knob is in any other position, it is in Sound Active mode.

You can use the dip switches to adjust the parameters of the built in programs. Look at page 9 for the chart.

The Master Fixture must be first in the chain. The slave units should automatically detect the incoming signal from the master unit.

Hope that clears it up a bit. Good Luck!