PDA

View Full Version : Ableton 9 Thread

thehadgi
04-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Ableton 9 should be coming out in the forseeable future, which has me and most likely other Abletonians excited. Right now I don't think anything is confirmed or even referenced by the Ableton team, but this is what I pulled from www.everythingableton.com

What’s Coming in Ableton Live 9

It’s been a loooong time since Ableton Live 8 was released – 2 years, 4 months and 9 days to be exact. There was a lot of speculation that Live 9 would be released at this year’s NAMM show, featuring 64 bit support and a range of other new features. Still, there’s been no whisper from Ableton as of yet. So: when is Live 9 really coming, and what can you expect from Live 9?

Bear in mind that the following is purely speculation – although, as a software developer myself, I’m prepared to say that it’s fairly confident speculation.

What We Know
Before Live 8, Ableton was reasonably efficient at up****** Live, almost on a yearly basis. Now it’s getting closer to 3 years without an announcement from Ableton.
Ableton 8.2 was released however, and while it was a great update, it probably wasn’t the update a lot of people were hoping for. Aside from this, Ableton is only up****** Live on a regular basis for bug fixes and small feature additions.
Ableton Live is missing some great features that it would really benefit from – 64 bit support is the main contender here.
Ableton’s software team isn’t getting any smaller. While updates and bug fixes do take a massive amount of development time, a couple of updates over 3 years doesn’t match up. Unless the developers are all busy shooting bubbles, that is.
Ableton said that they’re working on Ableton Live 9.

What Does this Indicate?
Looking at the facts above, I’d say they conform pretty well to the idea that Ableton Live 9 is not just an update – rather, it’s being completely rewritten. Re-writes most definitely take longer than an upgrade does to develop – hence the long wait until Live 9, and continued support/updates for Live 8.

Why would Ableton re-write Live? For a start, additional features may require re-writing large portions of Live anyway. Live 8 also has a bad reputation for crashing at times – something that only a major software restructure may fix. Finally, a re-write would give Ableton the chance to re-imagine what Live could be: how it works, what platforms it’s made for, a complete interface overhaul etc. This isn’t too dissimilar to what’s been done by Apple with the new Final Cut Pro X – a complete retake on how video editing software should work.

Ableton wouldn’t be the only company of late to re-write software from scratch. As mentioned before, Apple just released Final Cut Pro X – a re-write of Final Cut Pro. They’re also rumored to be working on a re-write of Logic Pro and iWork. Looking at Final Cut Pro X, we can speculate on what may be in Ableton Live 9. Unfortunately, complete re-writes don’t always mean perfect software, especially at first. Take Final Cut Pro X for example:

What can we Expect?
A complete re-write of Live, or at least a re-write of many major components.
Any major, currently lacking features such as 64 bit support will be included.
Live wouldn’t be re-written without the future in mind. Whether that means cloud storage/sharing support, a touch interface, Windows 8 or iOS support, we don’t know.
Final Cut Pro X was not received very well by many critics, mainly due to bugs, speed and lack of support for old features. This may be the case with Ableton Live 9 – hopefully not – however, a complete re-write is not likely to be perfect straight of the bag.
So: a complete re-write of Live, with at least some big changes is on the table. How drastic these changes are is yet to be seen. Personally, I’m hoping for a complete redesign of how audio software should work – even if this makes for a buggy and feature lacking initial release, as per Final Cut Pro X.

Discuss. And add anything you'd like to see. Let's keep this thread around and post any updates that come out in here so we can stay tuned :tup:

#1 for me - 64 bit support. Long overdue
#2 - dual screen support. darn those sonar users with their xray-supervision (mystic always braggin and goin on :argh:)

moyo wilde
04-07-2012, 09:03 PM
i'd like the idea as long as i can just upgrade from 7. i never bought 8. a complete revamping would be nice altough it might slow sales, cause i know for one i wouldn't rush in to buy it. i'd probably wait until late in the year first year of the new revamp (wait the bugs out).

something else they should do is maybe make a screen that allows ableton to at least be viewed more like dj software. if they allowed you to control it like dj software, game over, they don't need to do a dvs either.

login
04-08-2012, 01:31 PM
I want:

Optimized cpu use

64 bit support

A better and easy way to automate in clips

Dual monitor support could be nice but I would like more some options to customize the interface.

An overhaul of native instruments so I finally jump in to suite and stop lusting for soft synths.

Finally I will love that eq8 showed the actual spectrum of the sound signal, and that some other fx got a better interface (I dream in something like fab filter plugs).

ezelkow1
04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I want:

Optimized cpu use

64 bit support

Dual monitor support could be nice but I would like more some options to customize the interface.

An overhaul of native instruments so I finally jump in to suite and stop lusting for soft synths.

Finally I will love that eq8 showed the actual spectrum of the sound signal, and that some other fx got a better interface (I dream in something like fab filter plugs).

+1

also record clip automation in session, like everyone and their mom has always asked for

not having to worry about automation being synced or not, ableton has an issue with delay compensation and their plugs and automation going all out of sync

I think for alot of these ableton has already stated in the past that it requires a complete rewrite, and since most of these are things people have always complained about, I would hope they have been doing a complete rewrite for 9 in order to address them

magebarf
04-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Anyone of you guys checked out BitWig yet? http://www.bitwig.com/

The items you've laid out here in this thread sounds pretty much like the feature list that they are speccing up. Plus the fact that the program to start off with looks pretty much as Ableton with a few colors sparkled on top.

I do also hear there's quite a few rumors going on about BitWig actually being Ableton 9, which indeed would make sense, as the feature list contains only a few basic features, and the rest of the features are advantages compared to Ableton. This would also make sense if it was its own product, as Ableton seems to be the most direct competitor, so it could indicate either way.

What is known about the BitWig team is that they do consist of quite a few old Ableton employees. I also haven't heard about any lawsuits being started yet by Ableton, which could either mean they're friendly enough not to, or that they are just waiting till the product is released before waking up their lawyers (or the third option, they're handling this discretely).

Anyhow... If the points you guys line up are of importance to you, the least you could do is sign up for the BitWig beta, and see if the software is any good. I'm (a bit impatiently) waiting in line to get to try things out. :)

Divercity
04-09-2012, 06:50 AM
64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit 64-bit :banana:

Been waiting for 64bit my entire life. I want 64bit rewire and all my ramzees!!

and yes magebarf bitwig is awesome. I didn't get accepted for the beta :(

EDIT:
I want:

Optimized cpu use

64 bit support

- Everything I approve except the eq8(which I dislike).. Why not just use fabfilter? or rather use the filter?

Sween
04-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I want real time search in the browser... like Virtual DJ does. Also the ability to sort my browser by BPM, title, genre, etc.

Definitely dual screen... that way I can have my VST graphics on one screen without blocking over the DAW.

And how about an effect that turns whatever you're working on into dubstep? haha

magebarf
04-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Divercity, I don't think you need to worry. As far as I've understood, they haven't really started the public beta yet.

There's word that there's a bit of alpha testing of BitWig going on already, but their last update stated that they were pushing the beta a bit later time wise, as they felt that they wanted a bit of the "future features" available already in the initial version.

ezelkow1
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Definitely dual screen... that way I can have my VST graphics on one screen without blocking over the DAW.

Never tried ableton on a dual screen setup but I always figured you could already do this. You cant drag your vst windows to a second monitor? I figured you already could since they were free floating and could be moved around already

thehadgi
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah you can move vsts around and such, but there's no integrated dual screen support.

Also, it's been said but I'd be a big fan of automation curves

login
04-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I want real time search in the browser... like Virtual DJ does. Also the ability to sort my browser by BPM, title, genre, etc.

This would be cool for djing, specially displaying tag information not file name.

About Bitwig, It looks nice and all and I am waiting for it to try it. :D but also I have to wait for live 9 to see if it's worth the money.

Celestial
04-11-2012, 03:53 PM
better optimized cpu, dual screen support and more vst's for a better price is what I would be mainly looking at

Wakka
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
really want an improved GUI, 64 bit, and smoother running would all be nice. Besides that I have no complaints. Its awesome to jam onto and put some ideas onto. But i ReWire it to logic after that for tracking/mastering.

core2
04-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Think its good as it is. More upgrades more bugs IMO - doubt that'll stop them! haha

I'd be happy with some small work flow things. multi screen support would be ace.. one for the mixer and have the arrange on the other.

Also would like to see being able to use the qwerty keyboard in the effects list, to highlight the plugin you want. SO - hit C for compressor.. F gets you to Flanger / Freq Shifter etc..

Divercity
04-13-2012, 05:04 AM
They better give me smooth automation curves or someone has to pay! :mad:

M!TCH
04-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm hoping for enhancements to the automation lanes (sometimes my mouse just cannot smooth things out like guy above said), 64-bit support, and dual monitors would be phenomenal.

thehadgi
10-21-2012, 01:18 PM
!!!! Just saw an ableton 9 vid in my mobile Facebook!! Saw their new compressor is cytomic's 'the glue'!! Still going to have to look through everything before coming to any final decisions

Gonna have to check it out and post updates I see here once I get home.

Ellissentials
10-21-2012, 01:52 PM
ir new compressor is cytomic's 'the glue'!!

Oh man, yes! A new compressor! :dance:

ezelkow1
10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Also looks like a new browser setup and revamped eq8, gate, and a convolution reverb as well, too bad only the mixing tools one was leaked. It also looks like recording automation in session maybe fixed since theres a new record button icon that could relate to automation. Im just hoping for PDC fixes

login
10-21-2012, 04:35 PM
http://youtu.be/itYzaNeisUQ

My gas has gone to the sky, very eager to see what else this brings.

thehadgi
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
If I can ask, what does 'gas gone to the sky' mean? Lol

login
10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
If I can ask, what does 'gas gone to the sky' mean? Lol

LOL sorry, my terrible gramar: "My gear adquisition sindrome has gone to the sky"

xyloft
10-22-2012, 03:55 PM
so uh... release date yet? or are they still just teasing us?

ezelkow1
10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
and............... announced
https://www.ableton.com/en/live/new-in-9/
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/10/25/ableton-live-9-announced-officially-here-are-the-details/

Looks like all the automation and editing concerns have been addressed, all the new effects, m4l included in suite, and their own version of melodyne (or at least audio to midi) type access built in

release set for q1 2013

probably the smallest thing but the new midi editing tweaks are probably what Im most happy about, it sounds like it will make it much more like editing in other hosts, i.e. s1v2, where you dont need to keep using keyboard modifiers to get things off grid. And the auto-warp/stretch/etc on automation envelopes is nice as well

The upgrade pricing is definitely whacked tho, if you currently have live 8 standard you can upgrade to suite 8 and get live 9 suite for free for cheaper than those that currently own suite+m4l. Sure hope they fix that

login
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
The controler is sick, a little expensive also :( It doesnt show an upgrade path for it and Live 9 :( (right now getting it plus suite is more expensive that it alone plus suite from live 8 standard.

very excited anyway, they also included a lot of new content for the library and with M4L now in suite the possibilities of midi devices is HUGE.

https://cdn2-resources.ableton.com/80bA26cPQ1hEJDFjpUKntxfqdmG3ZykO/static/images/push-tour/tour-push-notes-and-chords-01.png

Rek_Aviles
10-25-2012, 12:44 PM
or sing the music in your head. Sketch out ideas quickly by singing (or beatboxing) into Live and converting your recording to MIDI.

:eek:

ezelkow1
10-25-2012, 12:47 PM
The controler is sick, a little expensive also :( It doesnt show an upgrade path for it and Live 9 :( (right now getting it plus suite is more expensive that it alone plus suite from live 8 standard.

Im really hoping they fix this before it really comes out. Theres tons of people complaining since some people with live 8 regular+some addons, can get an upgrade to suite9 full for only ~130, while suite8 to suite9 costs ~240

login
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Right now also:

Ableton 8 to suite + 9 for free: 194 USD
Push + upgrade to suite: 948
Push alone: 599

That doesnt make sense at all, unless it is only showing the prices for a live intro license that will come with push

ezelkow1
10-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks like they've thrown up a sticky on their forums, current suite owners will still get a good deal at some point, just not until release:

Existing Suite 8 owners will be offered an exclusive introductory discount on upgrades to Live 9 Suite, to be made available upon release. This introductory discount is not yet shown on the website, as Live 9 Suite is not yet available. We apologize for any confusion or frustration from our oversight in not making this discount clear on ableton.com, and ask for your patience as we iron out the kinks in our new site.

xyloft
10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Right now also:

Ableton 8 to suite + 9 for free: 194 USD
Push + upgrade to suite: 948
Push alone: 599

That doesnt make sense at all, unless it is only showing the prices for a live intro license that will come with push

i'ms eeing push + upgrade to suite being 728 USD. when i log out, all the prices are in Euros. I wish I had 728$ laying around.

nevermind..that's just upgrade to 9 standard and push for 728. misread it.

login
10-25-2012, 04:48 PM
i'ms eeing push + upgrade to suite being 728 USD. when i log out, all the prices are in Euros. I wish I had 728$ laying around.

I see 728 for live 9 standard up.

xyloft
10-25-2012, 05:02 PM
I see 728 for live 9 standard up.

you are correct. i was misreading it.

BTW, i think ableton's new site is absolutely awful looking and difficult to get around in.

Rdej47
10-25-2012, 10:16 PM
you are correct. i was misreading it.

BTW, i think ableton's new site is absolutely awful looking and difficult to get around in.

I like what they were going for but it definitely needs some refinement. However that controller looks awesome. Matte black with the bright pads and all those controls, damn!

alazydj
10-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah, Ableton 9 looks to be a killer app. I'll probably sell off my Maschine Mikro + a few more random things to afford the Push.

disparate
10-26-2012, 04:21 AM
the new MIDI features and EQ and comp look great, no doubt worth the upgrade.

Now, more than one LFO in operator, pretty please :P

Adzm00
10-26-2012, 05:47 AM
:eek:

woop

Convert your favorite drum break with the Drums-to-MIDI feature and reuse it with your own sounds. Speed up your remixing work by using Harmony-to-MIDI to get the notes and chords from the original audio stems. Or simply seed your creativity with inspiring, natural-feeling MIDI grabbed directly from the most exciting parts of your music collection. ;)

Ellissentials
10-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Now, more than one LFO in operator, pretty please

Once I went from Operator to Massive, there was no looking back!!! :D

thehadgi
10-26-2012, 07:29 AM

This can't seriously be the home page?! I just went to ableton.com and this shows up :confused:

Ellissentials
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Ellissentials/abletonwebsite.jpg

This is how I'm seeing it, but I do admit that their font colors and some of the older looking "table" type stuff looks kind of silly.

login
10-26-2012, 09:41 AM
the new MIDI features and EQ and comp look great, no doubt worth the upgrade.

Now, more than one LFO in operator, pretty please :P

As far as the info provided there is a independent LFO effect in Max that can modulate must of all parameters in live.

Scott Michael
10-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Will Push be the death of Maschine? Food for thought....

ezelkow1
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I dont think it will be the death, but at least now it has some stiff competition. I definitely see it splitting camps, with more beat oriented and hiphop style people going for maschine, and push taking the rest

Just being able to use push as a whole completely new instrument is what has me intrigued, not being one that has really any piano skills having a new layout for scales/chords/etc and playing patterns with them has me intrigued

Divercity
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Here is the Preview of 9 and push.

Y7dIkonCfFE&feature=g-u-u

xyloft
10-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Will Push be the death of Maschine? Food for thought....

the device definintely looks like a direct competitor. and it looks like it could replace my apc40 too. but it's soo pricey.

TCMuc
10-27-2012, 07:44 AM
the device definintely looks like a direct competitor. and it looks like it could replace my apc40 too. but it's soo pricey.

Even though it kind of looks like the results of a launchpad getting raped by maschine, it doesn't look like a competitor for machine for me..

The 16 MPC style pads of maschine seem to offer a much higher playability than the much larger number of pads on push.

I see a lot of launchpads finding their way to ebay, maybe also some apc 40s, but not necessarily that many maschines.

Dj_4-$hure
10-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Ableton 9 and Push=amazing, endless possibilities.

Andrew B
10-27-2012, 02:19 PM
The 16 MPC style pads of maschine seem to offer a much higher playability than the much larger number of pads on push.

They're velocity-sensitive. And they are MPC pads. They're just smaller.

thehadgi
10-27-2012, 04:10 PM
This will be 64 bit right?

ezelkow1
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Yea, they will have separate 32 and 64 installs

TCMuc
10-28-2012, 06:17 AM
They're velocity-sensitive. And they are MPC pads. They're just smaller.

That's what I meant. I could imagine the bigger pads are much easier and intuitive to play than the smaller pads on push.

xyloft
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
That's what I meant. I could imagine the bigger pads are much easier and intuitive to play than the smaller pads on push.

just looking at the picks and comparing it to an APC40. the buttons look to be about twice as big as the apc40's. but a little bit smaller than the pads on my MPK49.

the pics of push with hands in it make the device look a LOT bigger than it looks without hands in it.

but i agree. size matters and it's going to come down to personal preference.

Nick Bike
10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
got my notice for free upgrade to Live 9 fuccck yaaaaaaaa

thehadgi
10-28-2012, 08:27 PM

free?! whaaa

:argh:

shall be awaiting mine as well :harumph:

g-sep
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll probably buy 8 in the next week or two then and get my free upgrade. Or at least that's how it seems when I look at the website.

thehadgi
10-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Interesting... wondering if I even want to bother upgrading?

The only things I'd probably benefit would be 64 bit, checking out some new midi features although my workflow is fine the way it is, and checking out their orchestral package. Although I already own east west and session strings pro...

What I'd really like to see is a better sound time warp. no matter how many times/ways i've used it, it just makes vocals sound awful.

Probably will still buy though

login
10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Well after considering all that Suite 9 will bring:

Workflow:
- Audio to midi
- Automation recording in clips, session view
- Curves in automation
- New MIDI editing tools
- Max 4 live, and better integration of it

FX
- 3 new FX
- 24 more new fx in max 4 live

Libraries:
- New orchestral library
- 5 new drum libraries (synths and acoustics)

You get 5 enhancements to work flow, 3 new fx and 24 m4l ones, 6 new libraries. That's quite enough content to justify the upgrade price, then you add all the stuff in M4L and I bet that now that is included i suite the comunity will explode, specially if it consumes less cpu that the previous verison.

My only concern right now is the upgrade prices when through push, I wanna see the final ones.

ilya
10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
really really really wish they'd work a bit on how live handles audio. the interface itself makes audio incredibly tedious to align or make fine adjustments to in the arrangement window (impossible in clip mode i think?) so much that i sometimes have to toss something in a sampler and use midi to do what i'm trying. ditto on warping - the only use i've found for it is as a purposeful effect to add some weird digital artifacts.

new effects, audio to midi and max4live bonuses are nice and all but i really hope they nail down some of the core functionality better.

ezelkow1
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
The only things I'd probably benefit would be 64 bit, checking out some new midi features although my workflow is fine the way it is, and checking out their orchestral package. Although I already own east west and session strings pro...

You can use the 64bit live8 beta right now, its just as stable as the 32

CheekyDelinquent
10-30-2012, 03:44 AM

Where's mine?

TCMuc
10-30-2012, 04:06 AM

So you bought any form of upgrade / new version with the 25% discount that included the free upgrade to live 9 and now received a special notification regarding the free upgrade?

That's interesting... I used the discount to upgrade from live 8 to suite 8 and thus should be eligable for the free update as well. Only that, until now, I only have recieved an email with all the authorization codes for the new content, but no further notification regarding live 9.

How about everybody else, notifications, anybody?

Austin GoGreen
10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Well after considering all that Suite 9 will bring:

Workflow:
- Audio to midi
- Automation recording in clips, session view
- Curves in automation
- New MIDI editing tools
- Max 4 live, and better integration of it

FX
- 3 new FX
- 24 more new fx in max 4 live

Libraries:
- New orchestral library
- 5 new drum libraries (synths and acoustics)

You get 5 enhancements to work flow, 3 new fx and 24 m4l ones, 6 new libraries. That's quite enough content to justify the upgrade price, then you add all the stuff in M4L and I bet that now that is included i suite the comunity will explode, specially if it consumes less cpu that the previous verison.

My only concern right now is the upgrade prices when through push, I wanna see the final ones.

Just paid $250 for a license from a buddy! I'm thrilled with what I'm able to do in ableton and these updates look nice! I was wondering how to make curves with automation (former fl studio user). The other updates look nice as well... Chance are I will have to pay for this update to 9?

Oh and thanks for everyone that gave me advice on Ableton, I'm loving it for what I do.

login
10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Public beta started today

https://www.ableton.com/en/beta-signup/

Already run out of slots but they will be opening more soon.

Atomisk
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Does it come with sync and/or pre-mix my DJ sets for me?

Skeyelab
11-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Just paid $250 for a license from a buddy!

did your buddy uninstall it, or did you just pirate it?

punky
11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm really excited for Ableton Live 9, and I will dropkick an infant for dual monitor support.

M!TCH
11-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to Ableton 9. I'm hoping the female surprises me with Push when it comes out as a present :D

Original
11-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I bought Live 8 a while ago- before 9 was announced. I bought it using an educational discount, and sent an email to Ableton asking what the upgrade paths are. They hooked me up with a free Live 9 update :D

xyloft
11-26-2012, 05:27 PM
I bought Live 8 a while ago- before 9 was announced. I bought it using an educational discount, and sent an email to Ableton asking what the upgrade paths are. They hooked me up with a free Live 9 update :D

lucky!

M!TCH
11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
I know it isn't due to be released till Q1 2013...but that doesn't prevent me from going to their homepage every week and hoping it might get released earlier! I'm really excited to get Push.

ezelkow1
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
You can get on the beta pretty easily, they were opening up slots every thursday at ~6-7am eastern, but i think this past week they did wednesday. theres some web site trackers out there that will notify you when a website changes

thehadgi
11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I thought I signed up for beta and I'm not getting sh*t :( Fine abletonz, I will still use you but I will not appreciate you as much >:-(

ezelkow1
11-29-2012, 06:38 PM
theres no sign up to get on it, you have to wait for the site to say they have open slots, and then get in there and it gets added to your account. Its first come first serve, maybe your thinkin of bitwig?

login
11-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I thought I signed up for beta and I'm not getting sh*t :( Fine abletonz, I will still use you but I will not appreciate you as much >:-(

you have to sign when there are slots open, every thursday.

Liam
11-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Got mines a few days ago and now going through some basics i do to test it out. Enjoy some of the more simple things it has changed like the browser.

TCMuc
11-30-2012, 07:18 AM
For every public beta out there there are usually more people who want to take part in it than open slots, so naturally not everybody who applies gets in.

Hating on ableton because you didn't get in is like hating on the lottery company because you didn't win.

ezelkow1
12-06-2012, 01:50 PM
open now, better run, https://www.ableton.com/en/beta-signup/

login
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
new PUSH video, the more I watch about it the more gas I have for it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xxWdvotAlo

ezelkow1
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
+1, they need to stop making videos

thehadgi
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I was the same way when they started putting out launchpad videos. Ordered one and thought "Oh man I'm going to make some ridic tunes!"

Then realized that the workflow style that works for me is completely opposite of how you would use a mpc-ish/triggering device to make music :facepalm:

ezelkow1
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Yea I was the same with the apc40, now it sits there mostly untouched. Push has me intrigued though more so because it can actually be a keyboard and drum pad replacement all in one. Just the whole new idea of playing notes and chords on push laid out in an intelligent manner is what has me interested, but I do hope to avoid another apc40

M!TCH
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Haven't had anything like Push before so I will be making an investment and seeing how it turns out. Makes me drool :teef:

login
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Other isomorphic KB are expensive, and they dont have the "conform to key" function.

ALso I think push is build upon the failures of the APC and the launchpad, and takes the functionality to another level.

Austin GoGreen
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
did your buddy uninstall it, or did you just pirate it?

Nah man you get two licenses I believe. I paid half of the cost of Ableton for a legit code... I hope this isn't pirating because I know a lot of DJ's doing this to keep the cost down. Why sit on an extra license?

By the way Ableton is legit! Anyone have any tips for using a limiter on my mixtapes/edits I'm producing? Ableton's limiter seems a lot different than what I'm used to and I just need some helpful advice. Here's what I do:

- 60 min mixtapes
- Bootlegs/Remixes (Acaps over Beats)
- DJ Intro's

Also, when I'm tyring to adjust my gain on a channel I find that it's hard to get a precise spot. In FL I could adjust a little better. With Ableton it jumps form -0db to -2db... Is this because I can zoom in? It's hard to explain but I wish I had better control over the gains in my mixes (clicking the line, dragging the track volume up and down by mouse isn't my fav). Any tips?

TCMuc
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Nah man you get two licenses I believe. I paid half of the cost of Ableton for a legit code... I hope this isn't pirating because I know a lot of DJ's doing this to keep the cost down. Why sit on an extra license?

I'm sorry I'm the one who has to tell you, but what you're doing definetely is pirating...

It is true (kind of) that you get two licenses, but these licenses are only valid for one person. The second license is if you want two use ableton on more than one computer, e.g. if you have a desktop pc as your main production device but also want to use ableton on your laptop when you're on the road...
Again, the licenses are for one person only, and they're not supposed to be used simultaneously, especially not by another person.
Your buddy essentially made you pay for an illegitimate license that you could have gotten for free from any torrent site with the same legal status (not that I would advertise doing this...).

If you want a legit license, get your money back from your buddy and buy ableton from a legit retailer.

On to something completely different: the public beta for Live 9 is out: https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-9-beta/

AbstractQuality
01-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Also, when I'm tyring to adjust my gain on a channel I find that it's hard to get a precise spot. In FL I could adjust a little better. With Ableton it jumps form -0db to -2db... Is this because I can zoom in? It's hard to explain but I wish I had better control over the gains in my mixes (clicking the line, dragging the track volume up and down by mouse isn't my fav). Any tips?

Are you automating the gain or just setting it for the whole mix? If you're just setting it you can type it in on the mixer screen. If you want more precise automation you can hold CTRL while dragging a point.

login
01-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Max and m4l went 64 bit today in the beta, finally time to migrate to 64 bits!

thehadgi
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Max and m4l went 64 bit today in the beta, finally time to migrate to 64 bits!

let us know how it goez :dance:

ezelkow1
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
2 new push vids, one a lengthy one from sonic state going over all the play modes and how it feels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eO0rD-PfU

2nd from djcity where he just quickly goes over playing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRrbipqgm24

ezelkow1
02-14-2013, 11:29 AM
and the release date is out, march 5th. Also looks like final upgrade discounts might be posted now if your on suite, 200$ if you have the full setup

login
02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
So the first price (195 from standard to suite) that later was corrected was really a bargain.

With todays prices if you have suite it's cheaper to get PUSH with suite 9 included for 798 and sell your previous suite licence for more than 198.

ezelkow1
02-14-2013, 01:42 PM
So the first price (195 from standard to suite) that later was corrected was really a bargain.

With todays prices if you have suite it's cheaper to get PUSH with suite 9 included for 798 and sell your previous suite licence for more than 198.

It doesnt work like that though, 798 is the price if you already own suite 8 to get the suite9+push. You would have to sell your suite license first, then purchase push+suite and without a license that costs 1200$. You couldnt upgrade and then later sell your suite8 license since its tied to the 9 upgrade, so you would have to sell your whole ableton license

They have really thought their way through what people would probably do and it all comes out the same price basically. Say you wanted to sell your suite license, a new one is 750, so you could probably sell a suite9 license for 600$, but in that case you would have already had to upgrade it for 200$, basically giving you 400$. Then if you buy push+suite at 1200-400, your back to the 800$ price point for suite+push

login
02-14-2013, 03:44 PM
It doesnt work like that though, 798 is the price if you already own suite 8 to get the suite9+push. You would have to sell your suite license first, then purchase push+suite and without a license that costs 1200$. You couldnt upgrade and then later sell your suite8 license since its tied to the 9 upgrade, so you would have to sell your whole ableton license

They have really thought their way through what people would probably do and it all comes out the same price basically. Say you wanted to sell your suite license, a new one is 750, so you could probably sell a suite9 license for 600$, but in that case you would have already had to upgrade it for 200$, basically giving you 400$. Then if you buy push+suite at 1200-400, your back to the 800$ price point for suite+push

Yeah I noticed this later, it didnt show the price for a new suite owner.

M!TCH
02-15-2013, 02:16 AM
March 5th!

The female is ordering it the day it is available for ordering. For those interest, Push standalone is $599. A bit steep but I'll be a guinea pig and see how I like it and report back. Oh and check out da new tutorialz guiz

You Can Sound Like Avicii Too! (https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/aviciis-levels-live-make-your-own-earworm-chords/)

ezelkow1
02-15-2013, 11:22 AM
At this point Im wavering on the upgrade. With their completely half-assed new browser that actually removes functionality, no work on the major PDC issue with no signs of a fix, midi issues on startup that you have to hack around and be told 'they have no intention of fixing them', and having my upgrade forced into a time limited promotion, Im questioning whether I should just stash the money for upgrade+push and wait it out till live 10. Its a shame cause I did really like some of the new features, but the fundamental product itself, the parts you use every day, are now broken without word if they are changing, and with only 2 weeks to go I dont see it happening. The new features are questionable to me for the worth of a full upgrade

guess Ill have to wait and see if they come through with solutions in the final hour

login
02-28-2013, 09:30 AM
yesterday there was PUSH presentation event at a SAE here.

The controller is well constructed, very sturdy. The pads seems better than maschine but they are small so they have less surface to bend. It's much more oriented at production that Live performance, and in fact I would find difficult, apart from launching clips, to out perform an APC in that regard.

It has a lot of potential, I hope once it is released some will develop scripts or m4l devices that take different uses of it.

I would buy it but 600 for a controller is way too much, maybe when it goes down to 400.

M!TCH
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info login, I am going to go ahead and get it when it is released. I'm not thrilled with the price tag but I like the features I've seen and while I understand it might be an ill-informed decision as I have never utilized the APC, I'm still eager to try it out.

thehadgi
02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
At this point Im wavering on the upgrade. With their completely half-assed new browser that actually removes functionality, no work on the major PDC issue with no signs of a fix, midi issues on startup that you have to hack around and be told 'they have no intention of fixing them', and having my upgrade forced into a time limited promotion, Im questioning whether I should just stash the money for upgrade+push and wait it out till live 10. Its a shame cause I did really like some of the new features, but the fundamental product itself, the parts you use every day, are now broken without word if they are changing, and with only 2 weeks to go I dont see it happening. The new features are questionable to me for the worth of a full upgrade

guess Ill have to wait and see if they come through with solutions in the final hour

Feel you on that. Right now I'm so used to 8 and so fast in it, that apart from wishing 'warp' sounded better, I don't see any new features that would drastically change my workflow (probably do more harm for the short-medium run actually). Even the new automation curves, which I'm not totally impressed by, don't justify the upgrade for me. And I don't even use session view or external controllers anyway, so, for the money... definitely going to wait for a bit.

ezelkow1
02-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Well I ended up going for it anyway, but only because I was really interested in push and found that for 150$ off, plus sold off my m4l license bringing the upgrade fee back in to line with what it should have been from the start

Im sure they will eventually fix all the problems but its going to probably be at least 6mo until its in a nice state, so if you can hold off Id just wait for their next sale and grab it then since it will probably be in a much better state by then

Also looks like 8.4 went official today, so now you can have your 64bit support without running a beta version

thehadgi
02-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Well I ended up going for it anyway, but only because I was really interested in push and found that for 150$ off, plus sold off my m4l license bringing the upgrade fee back in to line with what it should have been from the start

Im sure they will eventually fix all the problems but its going to probably be at least 6mo until its in a nice state, so if you can hold off Id just wait for their next sale and grab it then since it will probably be in a much better state by then

Also looks like 8.4 went official today, so now you can have your 64bit support without running a beta version

No way! Thanks for the update didn't see that!

ezelkow1
03-05-2013, 09:48 AM
And its out, looks like its the same as the last beta release, which means there are tons of bugfixes to follow. Hooray for Live 8 all over again

M!TCH
03-05-2013, 10:12 AM
And its out, looks like its the same as the last beta release, which means there are tons of bugfixes to follow. Hooray for Live 8 all over again

I will not be upgrading from 8 for a while (I do have the Live 9 license). I'm too comfortable with current setup and no time to get used to something different at the moment. Purchased Ableton Push this morning. 2-4 week wait for shipping.

MichaelAstor
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
im still running version 7.... was 8 that much better? i know you can group tracks in 8 which is cool

login
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
im still running version 7.... was 8 that much better? i know you can group tracks in 8 which is cool

From 7 to 9 is a lot of stuff I think.

ezelkow1
03-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Yea theres alot of stuff between the 2. From 7 to 8 you get a whole new groove engine and new warping engine, looper, vocoder, multiband dynamics, overdrive, limiter, frequency shifter, and suite gets you amp/cabinet, chorpus, plus all the instruments. One big improvement to 8 is thats when they added grouped tracks, so between that, the grooves, and new effects its a pretty good upgrade.

Then live 9 would get you the new midi editing features, new automation features, improved Eq's, glue, compressor, and gate, audio to midi. then if you do suite 9 you get max 4 live builtin with all of its effects, convo reverb, instruments, etc, plus a pretty new expansive library of sounds

So from 7 to 9 its a pretty good upgrade. Theres still some rumblings that they are seriously looking in to multi-monitor support already so we may still get lucky and have it introduced before 10. Im just hoping for PDC and real automation timing since I think that is whats really hurting live at this point as far as quality.

thehadgi
03-08-2013, 06:21 PM
So anyone have 9 yet? any word on stability?

ezelkow1
03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
yea Ive been running it. Its stable enough for me, just as stable if not a bit more than 8 was. Usually though any crashes I had were due to vst's and not ableton itself. I havent had too much time to play with the official version yet, but the beta's were the same for me as well

ezelkow1
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_-B_m3Kpwic
teh seksi

one of the better reviews/previews/walkthroughs ive seen so far

M!TCH
03-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I know this is changeable but the default color scheme is awful. The black on the dark grey is no bueno unless I have my display turned all the way up. And wtf did they do to breakpoint envelopes?!? Put two of them on a track and it is moving both of them by default? EDIT: IDK wtf that was, if I put two envelopes and tried to adjust just one of them (no entire line wasn't blue) it would highlight all the envelopes and move them with the one I have highlighted. Now it is gone.

login
03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I made this skin since the monochrome of the default wasn't really satisfying.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r486/Rodrigo_h/Bluegray.jpg

Also works in 9

http://www.mediafire.com/?3adn20j474bq821

M!TCH
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to login again.

Thanks buddy, I'll download it this weekend and see what I think. I'm interested to hear people's issues with Live 9 on here. I know I can cruise to the Ableton forums...but that requires I actually go to the Ableton forums...

ezelkow1
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
For me the only major issue, besides the ones they didnt fix, is the browser. On the forums its already eaten one persons external hdd due to constant reading and then overheating. They just need to implement a way to browse files that doesnt require they be indexed first, plus fix their search so its not so dumb.

During beta everyone warned them that forcing people to index terabytes of samples just wouldnt work in a studio setting, but they didnt listen to many of the beta comments. Hopefully also bring back the 'analyze audio' option in bulk since if I downloaded a whole new pack of samples the first thing I usually did was just have live analyze all of them so playback would be quick, thats gone now.

Besides that I like it

ariyonafebly
03-15-2013, 10:32 AM
So anyone have 9 yet? any word on stability?

lot of change bro, try 9

yea Ive been running it. Its stable enough for me, just as stable if not a bit more than 8 was. Usually though any crashes I had were due to vst's and not ableton itself. I havent had too much time to play with the official version yet, but the beta's were the same for me as well

for live and producing = stable
for video editing = sometime its pain in the ass :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_-B_m3Kpwic
teh seksi

one of the better reviews/previews/walkthroughs ive seen so far

i gonna stay with my old apc 40. it looks like alien space control when i am on dj booth :)

I know this is changeable but the default color scheme is awful. The black on the dark grey is no bueno unless I have my display turned all the way up. And wtf did they do to breakpoint envelopes?!? Put two of them on a track and it is moving both of them by default? EDIT: IDK wtf that was, if I put two envelopes and tried to adjust just one of them (no entire line wasn't blue) it would highlight all the envelopes and move them with the one I have highlighted. Now it is gone.

personal taste are welcome. take it easy with those envelopes bro ;)

I made this skin since the monochrome of the default wasn't really satisfying.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r486/Rodrigo_h/Bluegray.jpg

Also works in 9

http://www.mediafire.com/?3adn20j474bq821

i use lighter color, coz its help me when i do live :)

thanks everyone :)
just sharing my personal way

M!TCH
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
12-16 weeks out for an Ableton push to be sent to you if you order it now?!? Glad I ordered mine on day 1. Should be shipping in less than a week according to Ableton.

M!TCH
03-25-2013, 12:01 PM
FINALLY shipped. No clue where it is shipping from (assuming Germany). Thought it was going to be cancelled, credit card company called me while I was sleeping with a fraud alert. :eek:

ezelkow1
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Yea alot of online stores, GC, MF, music123, all list 4/1 as the current shipping date. Emailed music123 since previously it had been today as the date. They said all their pre-orders are still expected to ship today and that the 4/1 date is for new customers. So people have heard they are pushing these out in multiple small shipments to retailers when they can, so one shipment today, then the stores get another shipment on 4/1, etc.

Ryan Ruel
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
FINALLY shipped. No clue where it is shipping from (assuming Germany). Thought it was going to be cancelled, credit card company called me while I was sleeping with a fraud alert. :eek:

If you look at the tracking number it should be coming from Austin, TX.

M!TCH
03-25-2013, 08:30 PM
If you look at the tracking number it should be coming from Austin, TX.

It is. Should be here on Wednesday.

ezelkow1
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
looks like all of the guitar center based retailers are now on wait until 4/1 for their shipment, the 3/25 retailer shipment didnt show up. Oh well, guess I can wait a week to save 150$

login
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Stray, the guy from nativekontrol.com who has developed great scripts for launchpad, apc, mpd and many other controllers (and seems ableton took a lot of ideas from him) has just released a script that emulates PUSH on the launchpad. You have to get the LPC-Live script in order to get the emulation also, and they can be used combined. The PUSH screen is also emulated with a small app display on the computer monitor.

http://beatwise.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lpc&action=display&thread=1280&page=1

So this probably will solve my GAS for push just for 182 dollars :P (runs to buy launchpad)

Ryan Ruel
03-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Stray, the guy from nativekontrol.com who has developed great scripts for launchpad, apc, mpd and many other controllers (and seems ableton took a lot of ideas from him) has just released a script that emulates PUSH on the launchpad. You have to get the LPC-Live script in order to get the emulation also, and they can be used combined. The PUSH screen is also emulated with a small app display on the computer monitor.

http://beatwise.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lpc&action=display&thread=1280&page=1

So this probably will solve my GAS for push just for 182 dollars :P (runs to buy launchpad)

But the novation launchpad isn't even touch sensitive... that's a huge drawback.

login
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
But the novation launchpad isn't even touch sensitive... that's a huge drawback.

yeah, but well for 1/4 of the price you have accept compromises.

M!TCH
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
:love:

It's a lot of fun to play with so far. Damn FedEx guy came right before I started studying.

login
03-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Congrats Mitch!

thehadgi
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM

It's a lot of fun to play with so far. Damn FedEx guy came right before I started studying.

:tup:

Gonna take bets on the # of minutes of studying you're gonna end up getting tonight :lol:

ezelkow1
04-02-2013, 11:21 AM
damn houseguests, push came in yesterday but havent been able to play with it yet except for like 5 minutes. Once I adjusted the velocity curve definitely found a nice sweet spot for playing though in those 5

punky
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I really want to get a Push, but with a wedding coming up I can't justify it. I'm waiting for a big Guitar Center sale, and I'm going to sell some old MIDI controllers I don't use anymore.

thehadgi
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I really want to get a Push, but with a wedding coming up I can't justify it. I'm waiting for a big Guitar Center sale, and I'm going to sell some old MIDI controllers I don't use anymore.

Just tell her if you skimp a little on the wedding for a Push, you'll throw a couple extra pushes her way wedding night :dance:

I'm 110% positive that will work; if being single and 24 has taught me anything, it's knowing all about wedding planning and women

SlvrDragon50
04-03-2013, 04:01 AM
These eBay Ableton Pushes are cracking me up...

http://i.imgur.com/k7DncMj.png

1200 dollars.

M!TCH
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know why the breakpoint envelopes in Ableton 9 will not allow you to move one individually if you have the track selected (ie shows in the clip view)? I can move them independently on a clip that isn't highlighted for any automation but if it is selected, no dice. I don't remember ever having this happen on Ableton 8?

ezelkow1
04-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I vaguely remember something like that during the beta, where it seems like I couldnt move individual points and could only move entire envelopes, but so far with the current beta I havent been able to reproduce it

M!TCH
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I vaguely remember something like that during the beta, where it seems like I couldnt move individual points and could only move entire envelopes, but so far with the current beta I havent been able to reproduce it

I'm on 9.02 on the actual release and it's driving me up a wall! Then when you go to move the envelope it erases the the other envelope you have made. :argh:

Dj DRPX
04-06-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm on 9.02 on the actual release and it's driving me up a wall! Then when you go to move the envelope it erases the the other envelope you have made. :argh:

That sounds absolutely horrible. I think I'll stick with 8 for the time being. The audio to midi is nice, but that's one of the only major updates I'd use.

ezelkow1
06-27-2013, 09:58 PM
So the nativekontrol guys have been busy. Beta tested their pxt-live which adds a huge amount of functionality to push (http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-Live.html). Now they have a new one, pxt-general that they started beta testing, http://beatwise.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=beta&action=display&thread=1422&page=1

Right now it just brings all the note mode playability to any daw. Tested today with studio1 and its just as good for playing as it is in live, even adds some nifty features like defining a chord and recording chords/sequences for playback. Also lets you specify the strip to be pitch/mod/mod-snap, which definitely needed to be done in the native push script but at least this is an easily accessible way to do it.

alazydj
06-27-2013, 09:59 PM
That sounds absolutely horrible. I think I'll stick with 8 for the time being. The audio to midi is nice, but that's one of the only major updates I'd use.

That and the new browser layout.

Dj DRPX
06-27-2013, 10:50 PM
That and the new browser layout.

I've tried 9, and I admit the browser layout is nice, but I find nothing wrong with 8's layout for it. Still sticking with 8 haha.

DjBlanco
07-29-2013, 09:37 AM
So far the slice to midi id amazing makes things so much more fluid on remixes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thehadgi
07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Is that new in 9 though?

login
07-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Is that new in 9 though?

yep: melody to midi, harmony to midi and drums to midi.

ezelkow1
07-29-2013, 11:38 AM
slice to midi is not new though

thehadgi
07-29-2013, 12:00 PM
slice to midi is not new though

ah yeah that was my question. played around with it in 8, cool feature, although not quite as useful for how i write music

when i'm feelin 'sample-y' and in a hip hop mood it's really fun though

ezelkow1
08-26-2013, 10:35 AM
For the push people figured Id leave these in here. Since ableton's stand might never appear, and be who knows how much, these are 2 great options:
Ikea brada, 4$:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60150176/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/brada-laptop-support__0094156_PE231892_S4.JPG

Rolodex laptop stand: 24$
http://www.amazon.com/Rolodex-82410-Laptop-Stand/dp/B000JE7CMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367180686&sr=8-1&keywords=rolodex+stand
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RIyde64gL._SX385_.jpg

The rolodex is nice, has 3 different height levels and cable organization in the back, however one issue Ive had is that you can occasionally get a metal rattling sound if the push is in the right spot on it. Im using the ikea one now, feels the most sturdy to me and its angle is pretty good. It has about 1in of extra space on each side of the push and a non-skid rubber strip on the bottom

M!TCH
08-26-2013, 11:20 AM
^^^repped

Thanks for info. Been trying to figure out how I want to set my Push up as I hate having it flat on the desk. Really don't want to go back to IKEA though :argh:

ezelkow1
09-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Looks like dual monitor support is coming in the next update:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/09/live-9-1-preview-dual-monitors-more-push-sequencing-high-quality-sample-rate-conversion/
http://createdigitalmusic.com/files/2013/09/dualmonitor_arrangement-640x426.jpg

also adding step-sequencing of melody and automation using push, so its not just drums anymore

keeping fingers crossed for mod-wheel support, pdc, and improved browser

Adzm00
09-04-2013, 06:41 AM
They need more than dual monitor. I'd want one ableton window up (at least) and then a "vst monitor" so that all the VST's and their parameters are displayed on another monitor.

Anyway, I haven't used Ableton properly in ages, my MPC is getting all of my spare time ;)

M!TCH
09-04-2013, 09:30 AM
^^ It's progress and I'm definitely happy to see dual monitor support (or even dual application displays like we've had in Reason for god knows how long).

ezelkow1
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Beta is out now, tons and tons of bugfixes and features
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-9-beta-release-notes/

everything feels a bit speedier, have a feeling they've gone through and cleaned up alot of the niggling memory leaks and performance issues here and there that add up to making it feel a bit sluggish. Looks like indexer issues also cleaned up even more. Have to wait till I get home to try all the new push modes though

M!TCH
09-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Added dual monitor support.

:D

The new laptop gets here tomorrow so I'll have to see how this works out!

ezelkow1
09-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Its pretty nice, just a spare window for whatever you want. So if you have the extra window open and you hit tab, your main and spare swap between arrange and session. You can also maximize the clip view in the spare and then it follows your selected clip, so you can have a full screen midi editor while doing arrange/session

ezelkow1
11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
And 9.1 is officially out of beta

M!TCH
11-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Just came in here to post that it was out. Beat me to it! I didn't do beta so I'm excited to see how it works out.

thehadgi
11-24-2013, 12:15 PM
you can have a full screen midi editor while doing arrange/session

Oooo ver nice... :)