PDA

View Full Version : Rane Sixty Two or Sixty Two Z?

sephi
04-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I am about to pull the trigger on one or the other. Wondering if there is any good reason to get the Z version over the vanilla one. Afaik, I get a faceplate that needs to be covered up with a 12inchskin, plus some fancy cables. Any real differences that make the Z worth about $100 more?

I was told that the cables that come with the Z version are like $200 from their manufacturer, but I can't find any info on that.

Also, while I am fairly certain I already have a great price on either unit, links to good deals are appreciated.

Era 7
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
nah. just get the normal 62. expensive cables are overrated anyway and that is about anything you get extra apart from the looks.

VjQue
04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
The Z is the limited edition. the cables are nice and for $100 more I would get it.

I got the regular 62. The cables don't make a difference at all. and you get the laker color knobs and Z-trip edition.. but you need to hurry and by it since they were pre orders on them.

im getting my own design done.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/dirtbikeq/Rane-Sixty-Two-template-VJ-Que.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/dirtbikeq/Rane-Sixty-Two-template-user.jpg

jmack953
04-12-2012, 05:54 PM
im getting my own design done.

NICE VjQue! Ha! I like it!
But yeah, just gotta chime in on this too... if you wanna pay the extra cash for a different color scheme, then go with the Z. If color isn't a matter, get the standard, there is no other difference besides the faceplate, buttons, and custom cables to match it. As for the cable thing in general, as it was already said.. cables are cables if they are under 20ft. Not sure if anybody else goes by this rule of thumb, but within 20 feet, which most likely you are definately going to be, the cables won't make much difference. If you are doing long runs though, even with line-level signal, over 20ft, I try to go with a higher grade, better shielded cable to protect against signal loss, interference, bleed through and such with say Mogami Gold or even Monster. Under 20 though, you'de be good with CBI, Hosa, those types of brands.

sephi
04-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Ended up getting the Z version simply because that's all my usual shop had in stock. Getting the normal Sixty Two would have taken another week or two, so this way I have time to get used to the mixer before the two gigs I have next weekend.

VjQue, where did you get your custom faceplate done? I'm looking at 12inchskinz right now.

Thanks for input, everyone. Karma all around!

bumpyjonas
04-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Sold TTM 57sl on EBay, ordered Rane 62 all in one quick swoop, oh yeah.

punky
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Monster / Mogami cables are a scam. If you're running cable over 20', just use standard TRS or XLR balanced cables and you'll be fine. The nature of balanced cables eliminates most noise.

Dj Pudgey
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Monster / Mogami cables are a scam. If you're running cable over 20', just use standard TRS or XLR balanced cables and you'll be fine. The nature of balanced cables eliminates most noise.

what cables are you referring to? Standard or star quad cable?