PDA

View Full Version : This is the saddest Forum around.

monomer
05-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Honestly. Look. All I see is either some wannabe labels pushing their wares, or some track id thread (half of which isnt techno)

I mean, Honestly: What happened?

I Know it was never quite busy here: but all the bigger names on here seem to have disappeared? I mean, where the fuck is BuddyUK at? I want a rematch.

Dix
05-29-2016, 10:21 PM
We would appreciate hearing any reasonable input on your ideas to get that section going again.

Also, there is this thread taht was started just for this: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?50235-The-official-ideas-for-DJF-thread

monomer
05-31-2016, 01:08 PM
We would appreciate hearing any reasonable input on your ideas to get that section going again.

Also, there is this thread taht was started just for this: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?50235-The-official-ideas-for-DJF-thread

Off the top of my head: we have a section for releases, but the main forums still is nothing but pages of new releases?

My post may have come off just a bit harsher than I would have liked: their was a bit of Alcohol involved.

Usta_B_aDJ
06-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Off the top of my head: we have a section for releases, but the main forums still is nothing but pages of new releases?

My post may have come off just a bit harsher than I would have liked: their was a bit of Alcohol involved.

+ Rep LOLZ
:tup:

KLH
06-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Nominated for best DJF thread of 2016...

Usta_B_aDJ
06-01-2016, 10:28 PM

It's gonna take some beating :)....LOLZ

Will MaXimal
06-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Monomer, DJF has been falling out of touch with the DJ world for a while now. Granted we have some dedicated folks here that help keep the place clean, but the apart from that aspect there is pretty much a zero connection to the DJ world.

We used to attend grand events and produce articles, get to do hands on reviews of gear, members hosted events and a few of us even tried getting to various events to promote.

I find it pretty sad that DJF will never see its ACTUAL full potential.

Baller95
06-02-2016, 07:14 PM
**** you mother****** don't diss my third home :mad:

:teef:

azdeejay
06-02-2016, 08:37 PM
No, I dont think this is the saddest DJ forum, that goes to DJ Chat, only a handful of DJ's post ,and that are very rude/mean, the love talking down to people that do things or think exactly like they do, bunch of ares holes over there.

mix4fix
06-02-2016, 10:57 PM
No, I dont think this is the saddest DJ forum, that goes to DJ Chat, only a handful of DJ's post ,and that are very rude/mean, the love talking down to people that do things or think exactly like they do, bunch of ares holes over there.

Obviously, you are new here...

azdeejay
06-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Obviously, you are new here...

Lol please, this place is(was) nothing compared to the other forum I am talking about.

KLH
06-10-2016, 08:33 PM
DJF is going through a transition, so it does seem a little slow. We're taking ideas for getting things back on track, so please suggest them.

monomer
06-11-2016, 01:59 PM
DJF is going through a transition, so it does seem a little slow. We're taking ideas for getting things back on track, so please suggest them.

It's been slow since it's come back. It's been how many years now?

Seems everybody migrated to djtechtools. Site's just not my jam. If you do look over there, they do have a lot more content, and not just in the forums.

I was bitching about just this sub, not the entire site. Granted, even back in the day the tech forum was a bit slow. I guess the other music subs on here have the driving force of all having their own new trend that's popular; we never (thankfully) got that with Techno.

monomer
06-11-2016, 02:00 PM

Well, that's easy when theirs only five other threads ;)

monomer
06-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Did this get moved? I coulda swore I posted in the Tech sub.....

KLH
06-15-2016, 01:21 PM
I think that it was... but I thought we could squeeze some site feedback mileage out of it!

JGeffen
06-17-2016, 07:10 AM
I think that fundamentally the organization is great. It's just a matter of producing content man. No-one's writing anything substantial anymore.

Will MaXimal
06-21-2016, 06:57 PM
I think that fundamentally the organization is great. It's just a matter of producing content man. No-one's writing anything substantial anymore.

I have been saying this for a while. We attended NAMM, hosted meets and even worked with promoters to develop djf stages.

But nothing could ever get off the ground.

DJF needs to become way more than just a message board.

KLH
06-21-2016, 07:26 PM
We'll get there, guys. First - the basics. Let's get this board back to being something to see again. Dixieland DJ and I are cleaning the cobwebs and getting the basics back in place. There are still some things left to address on the basic board.

THEN we'll do some fun stuff.

mix4fix
06-22-2016, 08:50 AM
How about a "label"? Release original music, remixes, mash-ups, etc. Have a CD you give away every year when you get VIP (CDs are cheap to make and distribute).

Be like DJ Tutor and make videos: host mix-competitions, attend trade shows, spotlight gear, spotlight music, spotlight performances, make proper how-to DJ lessons, interview artists, interview companies/brands, top 10 lists, etc..

Usta_B_aDJ
06-22-2016, 09:51 AM
I have been saying this for a while. We attended NAMM, hosted meets and even worked with promoters to develop djf stages.

But nothing could ever get off the ground.

DJF needs to become way more than just a message board.

A DJF Hosted night in the UK would be ....Interesting ! :)

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

Would be pretty cool to set up a night somewhere ... Hand full of DJF Dj's / Producers all contributing and doing it for the love of music.
We have a wide range in Talent here from Dj's to Designers to Promoters to sound engineers ... When you think about it .... We have all the right ingredients here to set up a Festival .... Who's in ?>

Will MaXimal
06-22-2016, 12:12 PM
I would think that the first step is creating a solid foundation. This being selecting what DJF will do and what its identity will be. This means other than a forum, what does DJF want to offer the world? Reviews for gear? Partner with labels, festival production companies, gear companies for new and exciting programs? Show reviews? Label?

A makeover would be nice too like an actual site with things like the above built in.

Once this has been established, we would just need to go through the current hierarchy and assign tasks and maybe even bring new people on board for specific things. I think the whole everyone does everything approach leads to sagging eventually where if people have specific roles then they wont get bogged down. Plus its easier to transition people in and out.

I also think if we do this right we can reach out to companies for sponsorship and if that happens we could raise capital to do all kinds of cool stuff for our members.

Will MaXimal
06-22-2016, 12:16 PM

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

Would be pretty cool to set up a night somewhere ... Hand full of DJF Dj's / Producers all contributing and doing it for the love of music.
We have a wide range in Talent here from Dj's to Designers to Promoters to sound engineers ... When you think about it .... We have all the right ingredients here to set up a Festival .... Who's in ?>

Why not? I worked with a small electronic music community that threw a few events in LA and got them to do a DJF promo the last few shows before they went cold. We could host a stage/room, work with outside promoters to allow new producers from the forum perform..

monomer
06-22-2016, 01:31 PM
"Make DJF Great Again!"

What A can of worms I drunkenly opened. All this from just bitching on the Tech forum.

andymunro
06-22-2016, 05:27 PM

UK Gang .... Let's GO !

I'd be well up for this!

DjBlanco
06-28-2016, 01:13 PM
We used to attend grand events and produce articles, get to do hands on reviews of gear, members hosted events and a few of us even tried getting to various events to promote.

I mean... if you guys decide to get a writer and can get some sponsors and such to float coverage at events i would be willing to help out with photos and such im always at events and even with dj's i also know 95% of the other photographers that tour with the djs or event companys we could do a spot light on them and the importance of promotions etc :)