PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear a suit

pumpitdj
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Do you wear your suit to a Anniversary Party ? I do for Weddings , just not sure about this type of event .

Ntertainment
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Nope I wear black slacks and a white dress shirt to almost every event!

electricsmooth
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Ya, never really wore a suit, just more like business ******. But I'm sure your clients wouldn't mind if you did.

sss18734
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
The most dressed up I usually get is black slacks, black shirt, and a cool tie. For weddings. I only wear a suit if they request it.

Otherwise, black slacks and a nice collared shirt, no tie.

Fraternity/sorority events... dress with the party theme!

DJ Watty
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Depends on the gig. I've worn anything from jeans and a t-shirt to a full out tux. I leave it up to the client. There is a spot in my info gathering form that asks exactly what THEY want the DJ to wear. One gig I was to do dress as Vanilla Ice... and I did :-) Another they wanted me to wear a suit, but but with sandals and no socks. What ever they feel like paying me to wear.

bumpyjonas
04-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I always wear suit or have a blazer readily available for events of this nature

hoff
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
suits are always classy. you'll get respect wherever you are

and, 'men in suits are to women as women in lingerie are to men' - a hot chick

Brom
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I always wear a plain charcoal suit, plain white shirt, and a simple tie (shepherd's check or glen plaid), and a white or silver pocket square. Easy enough to take the tie and jacket off if need be but hard to do the reverse if you're not prepared for it.

I did a wedding last summer for a second marriage and the groom said it was business ****** so I skipped the tie for once. Got there and everyone was in full suit and tie so I felt a bit underdressed.

I often get "you don't look like a DJ" so I take that as a compliment. I wear a suit and tie for my day job so it's no big deal to wear the same thing to a gig on the weekends. I have a tuxedo, too, but only wear that for black-tie events where everyone is wearing it. No sense in looking better than the groom in his typically cheesy rental costume. Plus, tuxedos are evening wear and shouldn't see the light of day, unless you're doing the walk of shame the morning after a great night. ;)

There's a reason the rental outfit is called "After Six."

Dix
04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I usually wear dress slacks & Shirt unless teh client requests something different.

Sween
04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Wedding - Suit with black tie and black vest. I usually don't wear a jacket unless I'm outside for a ceremony and its cold. I often will loosen my tie and roll up my sleeves when dancing starts and it's time to get down to business.

Anniversary Party - I would probably drop the vest and wear a colored shirt with colored tie.

Less Formal Party - Khakis with Polo Shirt with company logo.

DJMC
04-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I always wear a suit, except when the event is outdoors and temps exceed 90 degrees F.

In those cases, I reserve the right to go "business ******" (dockers & collared shirt).

DJStevieRay
04-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I wear what is appropriate. For 98% of weddings it is a tuxedo. For other formal affairs it is a suit. For a sweet 16 or semi formal school function it is shirt and tie. Etc