PDA

View Full Version : Amon Tobin

thehadgi
04-06-2012, 08:11 AM
So I've heard a lot about this guy, and I just found this label Ninja Tune that I'm digging pretty much everything they put out. I looked around a bit on youtube and listened to someof Amon's stuff. Anyone got any song recommendations to check out? Also, what is his show? Looks really sweet, just don't know what his overall 'thing' is. :blank: Someone want to enlighten me?

savageg
04-08-2012, 12:52 PM
You may want to check out the box set he has due out in a couple weeks time. Got it on preorder myself and can't wait as until he tours a little closer to where I live it'll be as close to the live show that I'll get.

Also +1 on ninja tune. They also have solid steel radio show which put out 2 hour mix sets weekly on Fridays (solid steel.net) once in a while they will have video mixes that are mind melting in my opinion.

Phi
04-16-2012, 04:02 AM
+1 on ninja tune. solid steel is the best place to dig some fresh styles. Did anyone catch the "Thanksgiving show"?!? Incredible.

I still really like "easy muffin" from bricolage, but it reminds me of strange times from years ago.

I saw the Isam show at Moogfest last year... wow... that 3D projection mapped stage stuff is going to be everywhere soon, it is just amazing.

IMHO I wish I had choosen stadium seating instead of the floor because a lot of the show is kind of slow, with everyone just watching the beautiful and entrancing visuals. Still it was the kind of experience that changes your entire outlook on what a live production can be.

His "thing" used to be NuJazz, but right now it's mindblowing stage shows.