PDA

View Full Version : Letter asking for a "sponsored" wedding

Sween
04-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Got a letter asking for a "sponsored" wedding... Has me cracking up!

My fiance and I are seeking a sponsorship for our wedding in exchange for free publicity for your company. With the economy still aching we must try to cut as many corners as possible. Although it is not our goal to make our wedding too glamourous we wish to have one that is pleasing and enjoyable for both us, and our friends and families. We have begun to realize that without help, this may not be possible. We would be glad to tastefully advertise your company at our wedding in return for a sponsorship.

Your advertisement could be added to our wedding site which already has close to eight hundred views, and we could mention your name on my future husband's business website (www.____.com) I will also have a program for the wedding, where I will be sure to add an advertisement for your company.

We are seeking the donation of money, product, or service. There will be approximately one hundred guests of ranging demographics, from all over the east coast. We look forward to hearing from you.

^^I'm laughing my ass off reading it... FYI, her husband's website is an Ebay reseller of transformers. I'm sure I'll get lots of business from that!

Free publicity to her hundred guests!!! 800 views on their website!!!!

DJ Scotch
04-05-2012, 07:34 PM
:lol:

Lmao

Dix
04-05-2012, 07:38 PM
The really sad thing about it is... she will probably find some poor sucker to do it :squint:

Sween
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I hope not. It's one thing to find a cheap DJ... it's another to find a free DJ. Right?

I think it's a little insulting actually to think any DJ would ever do this.

Dix
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty tacky of her to send that email to ANY DJ, but she probably not only sent it to cheap DJ's but apparently sent it to some higher end guys. I would be embarrassed to have anyone find out I was begging for vendors to "sponsor" my wedding. Either you can afford it or you cant. But I think to do what she did is taking it a bit too far IMO.

Ntertainment
04-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I'd take it... Then every 5 mins during the night I would take 2 min commercial break to announce professional DJ services and highlighting different add on packages!

This would make a hilarious spoof video!

Mystic
04-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Tell them you want some vintage transformers, but you don't want to pay for them. In exchange, you will post a link to his website from yours which has over 800 views.

Unknown DJ
04-06-2012, 03:10 AM
Even the rich want people to do stuff for free. This was sent to a photobooth owner.

"I am writing to see if you would be interested in sponsoring Ke$ha's birthday party this Friday March 2nd in Downtown Los Angeles by supplying a photo booth for her and her friends."

DJNR
04-06-2012, 04:23 AM
I'd take it... Then every 5 mins during the night I would take 2 min commercial break to announce professional DJ services and highlighting different add on packages!

That would be hilarious! :lol:

I love music
04-06-2012, 05:04 AM

lol

someone should do that

DJMC
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Sad that some folks have this mentality!

Just a sign of the times, I guess.

FWIW -- I wouldn't even respond to this. I would react the same as when I get one of those Nigerian "scam" e-mails (Delete bin)

Sween
04-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I definitely won't respond since it was a mailed letter and I wouldn't want to waste a stamp...

Da Animal
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
This is the first wedding I have seen do it, but fundraising events have been doing this for a long time. Asking a DJ, caterer or etc to "sponsor" the event in return for exposure.

Definately not worth the stamp it would take to tell them they are crazy.

Nick_EventPro
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
This is the first wedding I have seen do it, but fundraising events have been doing this for a long time. Asking a DJ, caterer or etc to "sponsor" the event in return for exposure.

Definately not worth the stamp it would take to tell them they are crazy.

Somewhat off topic, but your post made me think of this...
You know how companies would mail offers (usually credit card companies) and say how you're instantly approved, and they would include a postage pre-paid envelope for you to mail the forms back to them? I had a friend that would get so frustrated with all the garbage mail, he would wrap up bricks and tape the postage prepaid envelope to the package and send it back to the credit card companies.

I thought it was hilarious. Anyway, yeah, that made me laugh.

wilson
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Somewhat off topic, but your post made me think of this...
You know how companies would mail offers (usually credit card companies) and say how you're instantly approved, and they would include a postage pre-paid envelope for you to mail the forms back to them? I had a friend that would get so frustrated with all the garbage mail, he would wrap up bricks and tape the postage prepaid envelope to the package and send it back to the credit card companies.

I thought it was hilarious. Anyway, yeah, that made me laugh.

Hahahahaha. That is great.

Will MaXimal
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Response:

"Dear ----,

Thank you for your letter. I wish you and your wife all the best... however, i will have to decline your offer. Seeing as you were able to find the information for my services already... I dont think advertising is really an issue for me. Also, I understand what you mean about the current state of the economy. It is also because of these hard times that i must confess myself feeling pretty insulted by your "offer". Asking me to supply equipment, of which is very expensive... Hours of my time including setting up and tearing down of the equipment and having me pay for my own transport to and from the ceremony without any form of legitimate compensation is just asenine.

If you dont have money, i also accept cash. If you dont have any cash, i will also accept gold bars. If you have no money, no cash and no gold... Then might i suggest an ipod and a pair of computer speakers.

Thank you for your time."

Synaxis
04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Response:

"Dear ----,

Thank you for your letter. I wish you and your wife all the best... however, i will have to decline your offer. Seeing as you were able to find the information for my services already... I dont think advertising is really an issue for me. Also, I understand what you mean about the current state of the economy. It is also because of these hard times that i must confess myself feeling pretty insulted by your "offer". Asking me to supply equipment, of which is very expensive... Hours of my time including setting up and tearing down of the equipment and having me pay for my own transport to and from the ceremony without any form of legitimate compensation is just asenine.

If you dont have money, i also accept cash. If you dont have any cash, i will also accept gold bars. If you have no money, no cash and no gold... Then might i suggest an ipod and a pair of computer speakers.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/riker.gif

thehadgi
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
There are people who say there are no dumb questions, and that it can't hurt to ask.

Obviously they have never receieved a letter like this one :lol:

Badger
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Sween, you have their address, and you can be pretty certain they sent the same letter to numerous DJs.

Take a shit in a box and mail it to them.

People like that make me SO angry...

:badger:

DJNR
04-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Sween, you have their address, and you can be pretty certain they sent the same letter to numerous DJs.

Take a shit in a box and mail it to them.

People like that make me SO angry...

:badger:

Or send them a brick!

DJ Nada
01-01-2013, 02:34 AM
There's a name for people like that. The Free Stuff Army. I'd have mailed back a bag of dog poop or something. People need to realize that some things are NOT OK.

Manu
01-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Response:

"Dear ----,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NIZOvfKpc

poop in a box. Lost count of how many "offers" I had, work for free and we'll pay you in beer, happy thoughts and will tell eveyone how ahmayhzing you are. Translate: "this monkey there will work for you for free, regardless of time, effort, logistics and expenses."

LiquidFusion
01-01-2013, 06:19 AM
Jesus. It's not surprising how many people are trying for free stuff nowadays.

KLH
01-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Go Braveheart on them and say you'll do it for Prima Nocta - the first night with the wife. After all, any bad offer needs an equally bad counteroffer.

Just get pics of the wife first.

-KLH

LondonSoundMan
01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
PMSL ''then might i suggest an ipod and a pair of computer speakers'' perfect reply