PDA

View Full Version : Techno Hypnotic techno mix with a tribal theme

sivamato
02-07-2016, 07:59 AM
https://soundcloud.com/ddddaniel/sektori-14-promo

This is a short promo mix for a party I'm going to play in. Since I'm going to open the night I'll play some easy going techno, just like in this mix.

There's some little mistakes with phrasing in the end of the mix but I think I managed to "hide" them well. :lol:
Vinyl only.

Tracklist:

01 | Acronym - Centering [Northern Electronics]
02 | Skymn - Bonfire [Hypnus]
03 | Dorisburg - Time Stretch Totem [Aniara Recordings]
04 | Kobosil - To See Land [Ostgut Ton]
05 | DJ Qu - Eden [Yygrec]
06 | Dj Spider - Flying Over Nazca [Plan B Recordings]
07 | Johannes Heil - Scene Three [Exile]
08 | Answer Code Request - Feel Rework [Marcel Dettmann Records]

craig_hennessy
02-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Hi Sivamato,

I'm listening to your mix right now. I think I'm about 3 tracks in.

It's very dark and ambient and your transitions so far have been great! It's not quite the music I jump at but I'm gonna keep listening..

Oh now it's getting tribal sick! 3rd or 4th track is def tribal feel to it!

craig_hennessy
02-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Oh the fact that it's vinyl only in this digital age is pretty cool too 😉

craig_hennessy
02-09-2016, 07:16 PM
The track at 37 minutes is awesome!

craig_hennessy
02-09-2016, 07:45 PM
A few mistakes towards the end but it's all manual work with vinyl so you can forgive that. If you need to touch the record try touching the one that doesn't have a long synthy pad playing as you will easily warp those types of sounds maybe try touching the other record that only have percussion and bass line playing.. Just a thought.

It's a great warm ending especially how dark it started.

Well done I enjoyed it thanks.

sivamato
02-10-2016, 02:33 AM
A few mistakes towards the end but it's all manual work with vinyl so you can forgive that. If you need to touch the record try touching the one that doesn't have a long synthy pad playing as you will easily warp those types of sounds maybe try touching the other record that only have percussion and bass line playing.. Just a thought.

It's a great warm ending especially how dark it started.

Well done I enjoyed it thanks.

Thank you very much for the feedback. This is probably the first time i really got some proper input about my mixing.

There was some phrasing problems in the later parts of the mix. Probably because the last two records are very new additions to my collection so therefore I don't quite know them inside out well enough yet. I noticed it while mixing and tried to hide them by "creating my own phrases" with using a hi-pass-filter.

Your idea on touching the platter without synths interests me. I haven't really thought about that. I'm going to try it out :)

Thanks!

craig_hennessy
02-10-2016, 05:11 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback. This is probably the first time i really got some proper input about my mixing.

Your idea on touching the platter without synths interests me. I haven't really thought about that. I'm going to try it out :)

Thanks!

Not a problem! I guess that's why we are all on this site right? To help each other learn and bounce ideas off each other!

Yeah any sort of long synthy pad sound is gonna wobble much easier when touched than short percussive sounds.. Let me know if it works for you :)

Puregroove
02-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Pitch riding is ok for long tone sounds, but nudging isn't because you hear the nudge.

If you're going to nudge, then nudge the record which doesn't have a long tone going on it it, otherwsie it's audible.

Cosmo0
02-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Hey there! im listening right now your mix, I like it!
its not my type for djing but I like the vibe, was a nice chill :)
transitions were good, gave to notice that you worked for that mix
Keep djing your kind of music! gl ;)

sivamato
02-18-2016, 11:39 AM
Hey there! im listening right now your mix, I like it!
its not my type for djing but I like the vibe, was a nice chill :)
transitions were good, gave to notice that you worked for that mix
Keep djing your kind of music! gl ;)

Thanks a lot for listening and for the feedback!

I prefer a bit chillier techno sound :)
Yeah I like to build my mixes properly. I'm definitely not improvising with my tracklists when recording a mix :) I think I played this mix a couple of times and made some minor adjustments to record arrangement until I finally put Audacity to record the set.

Cosmo0
02-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Thanks a lot for listening and for the feedback!

I prefer a bit chillier techno sound :)
Yeah I like to build my mixes properly. I'm definitely not improvising with my tracklists when recording a mix :) I think I played this mix a couple of times and made some minor adjustments to record arrangement until I finally put Audacity to record the set.

Yeah, I take more or less 2 weeks to make a mix, lot of things to think of, the precise time of transitions, which musics next..