PDA

View Full Version : LA Jungle & DNB

Will MaXimal
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
We have respect which is a great old school DNB night and a few other small events... But is there a place in LA for some good old fashioned Jungle?

streetspirit
04-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Thursday nights at Respect is basically it. Although, there are other shows where you'll hear jungle but there aren't any specifically for it.

Finnish_Fox
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
We have respect which is a great old school DNB night and a few other small events... But is there a place in LA for some good old fashioned Jungle?

By old skool DNB night you mean long-running? Or playing dated tracks?

Every now and then they'll have an old skool night, but its been a lot of tech/liquid funk and way too much dubstep for my liking.

Finnish_Fox
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Got old skool ragga and jump up at my pad. Suburban Base FTW!

Blueprint
04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
you gotta sign up on jungle scene's forum, it's the forum for dnb and dubstep in LA and San Diego. They list all the nights (recurring and one-offs) in the entire area. Not everything is as consistent as Respect but there are loads of smaller promoters that do good events here n there.

Will MaXimal
04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
By old skool DNB night you mean long-running? Or playing dated tracks?

Every now and then they'll have an old skool night, but its been a lot of tech/liquid funk and way too much dubstep for my liking.

Stuff like Hype, Zinc, Aphrodite ect from the early to mid 90s

Got old skool ragga and jump up at my pad. Suburban Base FTW!

HaHa likewise!

you gotta sign up on jungle scene's forum, it's the forum for dnb and dubstep in LA and San Diego. They list all the nights (recurring and one-offs) in the entire area. Not everything is as consistent as Respect but there are loads of smaller promoters that do good events here n there.

I will have to do that, i dont think i have ever been on that board

Finnish_Fox
04-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Stuff like Hype, Zinc, Aphrodite ect from the early to mid 90s

Come over - I got into DNB in like 97/98... and went backwards instead of forwards. Lost a big chunk of my collection due to idiocy, including some massive gems, but I still have some great tunes.

I actually was on the JungleScene board for a few years... then, like 8 years later, at Respect the guy who runs it knows my friend and came up and we totally had that "don't I know you moment"? Haha.

streetspirit
04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
There should be a night in LA for old and new school jungle that is as consistent as Respect

Finnish_Fox
04-06-2012, 01:23 AM
There should be a night in LA for old and new school jungle that is as consistent as Respect

Agreed. Next, my pad. :lol: