PDA

View Full Version : Need help re-installing power knob on Technic 1200!

Matt Phillips
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey guys I know this probably should go somewhere else but I'm in a time crunch and think it will get more exposure here. Basically my idiot friend pulled up on my power switch on my Technic 1200 lastnight and the knob came off.

Now I know there is a rod that goes into the bottom of the switch but the problem is that it slid down into the turntable. The only think I can think of is taking the whole thing apart and pulling out the frame of that area to push the rod back up.

I'm wondering if anyone here knows of an easier way than taking it all apart. Have the biggest show of my life so far coming up so any quick help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks guys/girls!

djlotus
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
If the rod slid down it sounds like it broke. on the rods, there is a washer built into the top part just below where it slides into the power switch. You could try to remove the strobe tower, but I doubt you will be able to do much.

If I am imagining this right, then you will have to take the deck apart, and most likely replace the rod with a new one, or use super glue to hold it to the switch. I wouldn't go turning it on if the power is in the on position being the rod is metal and could have slid into contact with parts of the PCB.

DJBOJAN
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank goodness for lotus...always willing to take the time to help everyone..good luck Matt, hope you fix it!

djlotus
04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Just one voice of many on this board. Difference is I check the boards far too often. :D

Matt Phillips
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Well I don't think it's broken only because I took the power switch cap off of my other deck to see if I could see what maybe happened and it did the same thing. I saw it up for a second and it just slowly dissapeared down inside the deck :freak: (and demoralized me more haha)

I found a pretty good tutorial on youtube showing how to take the power compartment apart so I guess I'm going to try and follow it and now mess it up. Really appreciate your input lotus!

djlotus
04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Good to hear it isn't broken. I would still consider super gluing the rod into the switch to prevent it from happening in the future.

Matt Phillips
04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah I think that is going to be what I do. I'd rather not have to do this again if I can help it haha.