PDA

View Full Version : Cue button on the DNS-1200 took a shit D: Help?

Tektonix
04-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey guys,

So on my right deck (Denon DNS-1200) the cue button has stopped working. It lights up and flashes and all, but it's not cueing or anything so totally unresponsive. I have figured out to use the A1 or A2 loop start buttons as cue's. However its a pain in the ass to have to keep remembering to clear them. I have 2 gig's this weekend, With it being a holiday weekend, I cant take it in to get repairs done and have it in time for the gig's. So, what i was wondering is if anyone know's if there is a way to disable the save loop feature on the deck or if there is anything i should check that could be causing the cue not to work. I buddy offered me his CDJ1000's for the weekend witch is awesome, so if i cant get them to work ill just have to burn CD's like a mad person for the next 2 days :lol: Unless they read from USB's :O

Also anyone that has had this problem or does this kinda stuff.....Estimate on how much the repair would be? I just got out of warenty :/

DJ Headkick
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey, Tek, sorry that this is completely irrelevant, but would you happen to have any UK Hardcore mixes you've made laying around w/ tracklist? I'm looking for some new tracks to spin, and usually find these tracks by shufflin through ppl's mixes. Thanks!

Tektonix
04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey, Tek, sorry that this is completely irrelevant, but would you happen to have any UK Hardcore mixes you've made laying around w/ tracklist? I'm looking for some new tracks to spin, and usually find these tracks by shufflin through ppl's mixes. Thanks!

Nah worries, and yeee man, Lemmie grab the tracklist n upload the mix and ill pm ya ;)

shepe
04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I had exactly the same happen on my stanton c314's before i got rid of them found that on the stantons, the reloop button could be used for exactly the same function, so long as you arent looping! not sure if the denons would do the same though

DJ Riddims
04-07-2012, 08:49 AM
That sucks, the cue button on one of my dn-s1200s has become less responsive but still works. It has changed me from a button pusher to a button masher.

brichi
04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
the switch underneath the rubber is probably going bad, if you have technical skills you can probably replace it yourself

djozone
04-08-2012, 03:36 AM
The same thing happened to me back when I was rocking DNS1000s... It was irritating but after a while I just got real good at using the hot cues...

Tektonix
04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
I bassicly rage quit on the deck's and bought some new ones D:

Buszaj
04-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Well I suppose it's too late since you got new ones lol....but for the future. I had the same issue with my Pioneer decks. The issue is that the switch (basically a little button with 2 wires going to the circuit board) is busted. If you know how to solder it's a super easy fix. Get yourself a replacement switch. Open up your deck by unscrewing all the screws, desolder the cue switch, solder on the new one. I think this would work for any button on a CD player.